By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 42 - Game of Thrones

RolStoppable said:
radishhead said:

I said I only had a minor role? That doesn't sound like something that I would say :S

Here is the post from round 41:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4566021

Just so you know that it wasn't the policy lynch pressure that led to your demise. It was your own play from Day 2 onwards.

Oh yeah, I remember that - your speech was actually pretty inspiring

You've got to understand though- I was under attack from all sides at that time. I knew that I was town, and I knew that if I died, people would blame me anyway for not claiming my role or something; it was pretty much lose-lose 

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Alright Mantle I will take that as a you have no idea how another player is supposed to act and that you will give better reasons for voting someone in the future other than " he is defensive". Thanks for the chat.

I haven't voted for you. And patience please. I haven't read many of the posts in the last page.

Spurge it's not just that you are defensive, you have been selfish throughout this game.

When I seriously asked you what you think of baalz, you gave an answer : He shouldn't have changed his hermione granger avatar. Really spurge?

You said previously that you don't like people posting less, baalz was one of the people who posted less and you actually agreed with his one single post without laying a single finger of suspicion on him.

Which is why I am still suspicious of you spurge. You have been contradictory.

RolStoppable said:
spurgeonryan said:
Shut up Smeags! You've seen too much, we may need to push you off a ledge or send you to the wall if you keep this up. You are a smooth talker so I predict your the dwarf character.

You have previously said that you post less when you are scum. Now that two days (I think) have passed since you were last questioned by someone, it's clear that you do post less in this game.

quoted for attention:

What wiki did you use to research your character.

hatmoza said:
DanneSandin said:
I'll share this theory with you guys: considering the theme of this game I'm quite sure we might have More than one mafia fraction and possibly one or two 3rd party...

Radish - if he indeed is Brienne - could be 3rd party: she (the character) is repeatingly telling jaime that she doesn't serve the starks, but lady catelyn. I'm not saying that radish is 3rd, it's just a thought to ponder upon.

Ok more people are giving into the possible two factions theory.

I will ask, and I want a brief answer because I don't want to focus on flavor too much. What are the houses that would be considered scum? I remember Kantor saying about Lanister being a possible scum house. How many houses in total can be scum? aligning the series with the flavor that is.

Also, what is the possibility of Radish's character being third FACTION? (not fraction). What are the names of characters that fit the roles SK?

I'm not "giving into" anything: I'm putting forward a theory for us to consider - I'm also giving you all a reason as to why there could be more than one mafia family. Have you done your home work for this theme? Then you know that the Lannisters could fit with the mafia description - or even better; the White Walkers. If we got one of those (white walker) in this game that's an obviscum. Some could argue that Stannis Baretheon could be considered scum (with his use of dark magic and all - that's a strong man for you!). The Greyjoys would be scum as well.

3rd party could be: Daenerys (I wouldn't think she could be mafia, but she is the leader of a little gang!), Brienne, the Night Watch, Melisandra (or whatever her name is - the red witch! - but she could easily be considered as part of Stannis Baratheons party as well), Petyr could be 3rd party - or as part of the same alignment as the Lanisters - as could Varys as well, and Jagen H'ghar would also be 3rd party. The Hills Men and Brom could be 3rd party as well as serving the Lanister (which seems more likely - and especially Tyrion), and also The Dog could be 3rd party or a part of the Lanisters (which is more probable). Some of these are part of a House, but I can't remember the names of the houses... We also got the people beyond the wall - can't remember their name right now...

If Radish is Brienne he could be town, but he could as easily be 3rd party since this character is loyal to Catelyn Stark ONLY - not the house of Stark, but to the lady of the House. I remember that Nen claimed to be a "lover" the last game around, meaning that if his "target/lover" survived to the end he would win. Now, Nen lied and I don't know if there is an actual role like this, but perhaps Radish is operating under this premices. If so the most logical choice of "lover" would be Catelyn Stark - OR Jaime Lanister.

SK's would be:

Jagen H'ghar, Melisandra (if she isn't a part if the Baretheon House), the White Walkers, The Mountain (if he isn't a part of the Lanisters), Brom (if not serving the Lanisters like I said before), and perhaps the Warlocks if they are around... That's all possible SK's I can remember right now.

If there is a Cult Leader it would be Malisandra or the White Walkers (and in that case the Alarmist would be some one from the Night Watch - possibly Jon Snow), but there is a small, small chance that Daenerys could be viewd as a Cult Leader as well...

And I'd say that if Tyrion Lanister, Petyr and Varys is Town I'm pretty sure one of those would be a Cop.

Now, all of this is based upon the idea that characters echoes their part in the seires... That would mean that prof - being a Stark - shouldn't be a Cop. Only possibility would be Bran perhaps...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

quoted for attention.

Happy, why do you think Trucks said you "were not a lost cause yet".

Do you think this implies he wants to lynch you eventually, or does not?

Around the Network
theprof00 said:

1I said that you could have said something during the house talk. You commented previously on HD's claim about "house-groups", and acknowledged that you looked up your character a bit. Yet during an argument in which insults are flying....not to mention that several times, non-flavor related discussion was occurring (like that of your questioning hd about 2 mafia teams), you said nothing. Now, you say you know about nothing about game of thrones. You have a good two days of discussion, and you haven't really commented on any of it, only the bold flagrant mistakes like "probably" and "2 mafia teams".

(Would you mind telling me what wiki you searched, btw?)

2Excuse me but what does this mean? I notice you have really no stance on it either way, you're just saying it matter of factly.  Can you expand on this, please?

3Not at all. I don't expect everyone to follow my lead, because I in fact take my leads from others. My point is that you might as well just pick random people out of a crowd. Please build a case for me around Mario (probably the only one on your list with enough material), I would like to hear it. Furthermore, you didn't like Baalz, and then suddenly he disappeared from your list. Care to explain what happened there?

4. So then why did you call them your suspects? You had the same thing on Wonk at your first suspect list, and your second suspect list. So, Baalz fell off, but Wonk stayed on, depite no new evidence appearing. Spurge gave you a bad feeling. Here I'll give you something. However, I don't see any effort put into these suspects. There are plenty of things you can look into. I could likely build a case against any one of these people, and then decide whether the evidence fits the profile. Your lack of effort doesn't show lack of understanding of flavor, it shows lack of caring to lynch mafia. How then do you explain that the only posts of content were in response to what I would call, misunderstandings?

5. Your debating skills.

I'll comment on the last point and let's see where it takes us from there. I think my debating skills could be part of it but from my point of view, my best asset is that I'm often able to figure out the setup on a game from the information available as days go on, I have a very good recollection of things and I can build a good global view of the game, I have enough experience to know what's possible or plausible and what's doesn't make sense so I can discard wild theories. Most of my debating is fuel by the things I figure out, things I'm convinced of.

I have none of that to stand on on Day One and that's why Day One has always been a pain for me, especially when the theme is unknown to me. I tried to go off my gut feeling last game and it blew up in my face big time. I know Day One discussion is necessary but I suck at it so I participate by responding to points I do have an opinion about.

Signature goes here!

theprof00 said:
Trucks please tell me what wiki you used to look up you character.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php

Signature goes here!

DanneSandin said:

I'm not "giving into" anything: I'm putting forward a theory for us to consider - I'm also giving you all a reason as to why there could be more than one mafia family. Have you done your home work for this theme? Then you know that the Lannisters could fit with the mafia description - or even better; the White Walkers. If we got one of those (white walker) in this game that's an obviscum. Some could argue that Stannis Baretheon could be considered scum (with his use of dark magic and all - that's a strong man for you!). The Greyjoys would be scum as well.

3rd party could be: Daenerys (I wouldn't think she could be mafia, but she is the leader of a little gang!), Brienne, the Night Watch, Melisandra (or whatever her name is - the red witch! - but she could easily be considered as part of Stannis Baratheons party as well), Petyr could be 3rd party - or as part of the same alignment as the Lanisters - as could Varys as well, and Jagen H'ghar would also be 3rd party. The Hills Men and Brom could be 3rd party as well as serving the Lanister (which seems more likely - and especially Tyrion), and also The Dog could be 3rd party or a part of the Lanisters (which is more probable). Some of these are part of a House, but I can't remember the names of the houses... We also got the people beyond the wall - can't remember their name right now...

If Radish is Brienne he could be town, but he could as easily be 3rd party since this character is loyal to Catelyn Stark ONLY - not the house of Stark, but to the lady of the House. I remember that Nen claimed to be a "lover" the last game around, meaning that if his "target/lover" survived to the end he would win. Now, Nen lied and I don't know if there is an actual role like this, but perhaps Radish is operating under this premices. If so the most logical choice of "lover" would be Catelyn Stark - OR Jaime Lanister.

SK's would be:

Jagen H'ghar, Melisandra (if she isn't a part if the Baretheon House), the White Walkers, The Mountain (if he isn't a part of the Lanisters), Brom (if not serving the Lanisters like I said before), and perhaps the Warlocks if they are around... That's all possible SK's I can remember right now.

If there is a Cult Leader it would be Malisandra or the White Walkers (and in that case the Alarmist would be some one from the Night Watch - possibly Jon Snow), but there is a small, small chance that Daenerys could be viewd as a Cult Leader as well...

And I'd say that if Tyrion Lanister, Petyr and Varys is Town I'm pretty sure one of those would be a Cop.

Now, all of this is based upon the idea that characters echoes their part in the seires... That would mean that prof - being a Stark - shouldn't be a Cop. Only possibility would be Bran perhaps...

GReat research. Conclusion is a bit off, and you've included far too many people, but an interesting read nonetheless.

If there were to be an SK, I would say it's the Dog. He lives to kill, he has no allegiance. (If characters fit roles)

If there was a third party, it would likely be Danaerys. Though what kind of third party I don't know.

Cult, Malisandra

White Walkers don't have names, so I doubt they are here. Read the OP as well. Got a strong read that there aren't any whitewalkers invited for the duel lol.

Vig, third party vig, survivor vig likely jaqen

That's if IF characters match roles, and I already admitted that I don't believe character equals role (strictly). I know of one exception that I believe was too good to pass up by the mod.

TruckOSaurus said:
theprof00 said:
Trucks please tell me what wiki you used to look up you character.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php

A strange site. Where did you come across this link, please?

TruckOSaurus said:
theprof00 said:

1I said that you could have said something during the house talk. You commented previously on HD's claim about "house-groups", and acknowledged that you looked up your character a bit. Yet during an argument in which insults are flying....not to mention that several times, non-flavor related discussion was occurring (like that of your questioning hd about 2 mafia teams), you said nothing. Now, you say you know about nothing about game of thrones. You have a good two days of discussion, and you haven't really commented on any of it, only the bold flagrant mistakes like "probably" and "2 mafia teams".

(Would you mind telling me what wiki you searched, btw?)

2Excuse me but what does this mean? I notice you have really no stance on it either way, you're just saying it matter of factly.  Can you expand on this, please?

3Not at all. I don't expect everyone to follow my lead, because I in fact take my leads from others. My point is that you might as well just pick random people out of a crowd. Please build a case for me around Mario (probably the only one on your list with enough material), I would like to hear it. Furthermore, you didn't like Baalz, and then suddenly he disappeared from your list. Care to explain what happened there?

4. So then why did you call them your suspects? You had the same thing on Wonk at your first suspect list, and your second suspect list. So, Baalz fell off, but Wonk stayed on, depite no new evidence appearing. Spurge gave you a bad feeling. Here I'll give you something. However, I don't see any effort put into these suspects. There are plenty of things you can look into. I could likely build a case against any one of these people, and then decide whether the evidence fits the profile. Your lack of effort doesn't show lack of understanding of flavor, it shows lack of caring to lynch mafia. How then do you explain that the only posts of content were in response to what I would call, misunderstandings?

5. Your debating skills.

I'll comment on the last point and let's see where it takes us from there. I think my debating skills could be part of it but from my point of view, my best asset is that I'm often able to figure out the setup on a game from the information available as days go on, I have a very good recollection of things and I can build a good global view of the game, I have enough experience to know what's possible or plausible and what's doesn't make sense so I can discard wild theories. Most of my debating is fuel by the things I figure out, things I'm convinced of.

I have none of that to stand on on Day One and that's why Day One has always been a pain for me, especially when the theme is unknown to me. I tried to go off my gut feeling last game and it blew up in my face big time. I know Day One discussion is necessary but I suck at it so I participate by responding to points I do have an opinion about.

So that's your excuse when it comes to why you haven't asked players questions? Are you really trying to frame today as being all about flavor? Do you honestly think that is plausible, Trucks?