By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 42 - Game of Thrones

Let's assume that I did mean it was a "real" name with a funny spelling and not just a crazy-spelled fake name like "Mirri Maz Duur" or "Jaqen H'ghar".

Looking at the wiki:
http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Characters?display=page&sort=mostvisited

First names:
Alys, Jon, Lysa, Petyr, Steffon, Barbrey, Edmyn, Eddard, Rodrick, Alannys, Kevan, Melessa, Rickard
(Stevron seems derived from Steven but it's different enough that I'll call it a different name instead of a funny spelling. Likewise Tommen and Thomas/Tommy.)

Last names:
Swann

But since I've narrowed my options down "so much", I'm sure he won't mind if I decline to participate in the ongoing circus of "claim everything except your name that you possibly can without actually nameclaiming". And this time it actually is a taunt.

The lie detector trick is becoming tiresome, speaking as someone who plays every round, and I just thought I'd put a "clever" spin on it, as I said in the post in question, assuming you put it through an Opposite Day filter.

And wait, it's scummy to give my opinion about someone's actions without accusing them of being scum?

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
hatmoza said:
Wonktonodi said:
This may be a done topic to some but I do want to add some thoughts.
Rol's little trap of asking thoughts on a person who isn't playing the game means nothing if it catches anyone or not. It's not a scum trap it's just stupid. Players shouldn't have to go back to the OP every time someone asks questions about people on day one. Not all players had posted yet at that point in the game.

So many people play on cell phones and other hand held devices that it's not even a matter of being lazy and not caring but needing to make a bigger effort just to check back to the op so as not to get caught in a stupid trap. I do hope to not see traps like this in future games.

I'm really get sick of the people who call events that forced some discussion useless. I liked Rol's trap, it allowed us to press players if nothing else. What really kills me is the least active people (baalz and now Wonk) are calling that trap meaningless.

In the end, I think almost everyone concluded that we can't call them scum on this alone, even I let the topic go. But don't say it was utterly useless. Plus, saying that just stinks and looks like someone who is trying to rally up them town points.

I call one thing meaningless baal says everything day one is meaningless there is a difference.  Saying it is just me saying my opinion on those traps. They never catch scum, then don't catch people who we think push them too hard on the people who fell for the trap. They let people give the false impression of scum hunting when then know full well things like that are terrible inconclusive at best and misleading at worst.

theprof00 said:
DO you think maybe you'd like to answer the question mantle?
I'd also like to know about the "revenge-vote" thing.

You said I'm likely for revenge vote because of last game. Why is that, and who did you think was revenge voting? You implied SM128 was, but that was claerly a joke vote. Do you disagree?
First, please explain why I'm a good target for revenge-voting.
Second, please explain why you used my ability as an excuse for me.

I am male, if you are referring to that question.

Yes, I thought supermario was revenge-voting you, along with Noctis. And I did think later on that was a joke vote. It doesn't hurt to investigate further.

I thought you were a good target for a revenge-vote because you went all crazy on day 2 last game.

I never used your ability as an excuse for you. What does that even mean? I said you could be a valuable townie due to your abilities even if you went crazy last game and that we should forget past games and concentrate on this one.

mantlepiecek said:
theprof00 said:

You said I'm likely for revenge vote because of last game. Why is that, and who did you think was revenge voting? You implied SM128 was, but that was claerly a joke vote. Do you disagree?

Yes, I thought supermario was revenge-voting you, along with Noctis. And I did think later on that was a joke vote. It doesn't hurt to investigate further.

I thought you were a good target for a revenge-vote because you went all crazy on day 2 last game.

I never used your ability as an excuse for you. What does that even mean? I said you could be a valuable townie due to your abilities even if you went crazy last game and that we should forget past games and concentrate on this one.

EBWOP

Noctis revenge voting stefl.

theprof00 said:
Wonktonodi said:
This may be a done topic to some but I do want to add some thoughts.
Rol's little trap of asking thoughts on a person who isn't playing the game means nothing if it catches anyone or not. It's not a scum trap it's just stupid. Players shouldn't have to go back to the OP every time someone asks questions about people on day one. Not all players had posted yet at that point in the game.

So many people play on cell phones and other hand held devices that it's not even a matter of being lazy and not caring but needing to make a bigger effort just to check back to the op so as not to get caught in a stupid trap. I do hope to not see traps like this in future games.

Is this all you have to say so far? You've had what, under 10 posts?

if the purpose of the question was to ask for my thoughts, it did a lousy job. If it was to show my low post count so far, at the time of your question if was 6 posts total. Now 8

Around the Network

Let me take a more concrete stance, since that may be what prof dislikes. Gender claims I regard as silly. House claims I regard as potentially damaging, until evidence otherwise accumulates. I have practically no knowledge of the theme. I agree with smeags in that I am leery of throwing information out there willy-nilly, and if it's so harmless then I don't know what good it will do either.

If names have nothing to do with roles then fakeclaiming should be easy/unnecessary for scum, and if they are related then prof may be asking town to volunteer information that could hurt them. I have not reached an opinion yet on what this says about prof.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

I'm confused prof, you specifically said Kantor defended you, but you recently confess that you made ANOTHER mistake? And it was actually mantle who defended you?

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Oops, that list was incomplete ... how was Catelyn not on that page anyway -- but I'll stop now.

mantlepiecek said:
theprof00 said:

why would mario revenge vote prof over last game?

I think you are useing the term too broodly. For the most parrt in mafia a revenge vote is voting for someone who voted you. Or who did all but vote you.

Final-Fan said:

If names have nothing to do with roles then fakeclaiming should be easy/unnecessary for scum, and if they are related then prof may be asking town to volunteer information that could hurt them. I have not reached an opinion yet on what this says about prof.

Not to mention his last mass claim he caused last game that rendered many tow roles useless..

I'm suddenly reluctant to give out my house name

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson