By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 42 - Game of Thrones

unvote

vote : Rolstoppable 

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Stefl1504 said:

Well, then lets end this...

I've been actively lurking the whole evening and it was fascinating to watch how paranoid some people are. Or what kind of theories the mafia would throw around. Most surprisingly, the votes on me didn't increase. Looks like the mafia doesn't dare to vote yet.

I've also thought about VGC Mafia as a whole. I've only played four rounds, but it's always the same story. Only a couple of people are interested in driving discussions and that makes them doomed to die. I really liked the time limits in this round, because they generated a sense of urgency (Day 1 should be three days instead of five though). But if the only way I can ever survive in a Mafia game requires me to not post, then there's no point in playing in the first place. The constant modkills we have destroy the games' balance as well.

Now for this round specifically, I don't see any point in needlessly making the game any longer than it has to be. I hate slow games. Also, because of trucks's modkill on Day 1 I always intended to let town win this game, because it's the honorable thing to do (yes, that means two factions can win in this round). While it wasn't prof's play alone that made trucks leave VGC for a while, it was still the final straw that got him to do what he did. Nen's post on trucks's wall is also telling a story about a VGC Mafia that was classy once upon a time. Currently, it's anything but classy.

So I offer town two choices now:

1) Lynch me and be done with it.

2) Let me be your servant and I will shoot whoever you want at Night to get you closer to the win. As prof's visitors proved, the mafia doesn't have a roleblocker, so that won't be an issue. I will do what you order and won't backstab you. Of course you'll wonder why you should trust me after all the lies I served you toDay. In case I betray you, I will put the line "Hatmoza is the greatest man to ever grace the VGC forums." in my signature and keep it there forever. And secondly, every townie in this round will gain one month control over my avatar.

Feel free to ask me any questions. If a user like trucks leaves the site (even if temporarily) because my teammate goes crazy, then the game has gone too far.

What's your alignment? What does it say in your PM (don't quote the whole goddamn thing though); which side do you belong to?

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

RolStoppable said:
Stefl1504 said:

Well, then lets end this...

I've been actively lurking the whole evening and it was fascinating to watch how paranoid some people are. Or what kind of theories the mafia would throw around. Most surprisingly, the votes on me didn't increase. Looks like the mafia doesn't dare to vote yet.

I've also thought about VGC Mafia as a whole. I've only played four rounds, but it's always the same story. Only a couple of people are interested in driving discussions and that makes them doomed to die. I really liked the time limits in this round, because they generated a sense of urgency (Day 1 should be three days instead of five though). But if the only way I can ever survive in a Mafia game requires me to not post, then there's no point in playing in the first place. The constant modkills we have destroy the games' balance as well.

Now for this round specifically, I don't see any point in needlessly making the game any longer than it has to be. I hate slow games. Also, because of trucks's modkill on Day 1 I always intended to let town win this game, because it's the honorable thing to do (yes, that means two factions can win in this round). While it wasn't prof's play alone that made trucks leave VGC for a while, it was still the final straw that got him to do what he did. Nen's post on trucks's wall is also telling a story about a VGC Mafia that was classy once upon a time. Currently, it's anything but classy.

So I offer town two choices now:

1) Lynch me and be done with it.

2) Let me be your servant and I will shoot whoever you want at Night to get you closer to the win. As prof's visitors proved, the mafia doesn't have a roleblocker, so that won't be an issue. I will do what you order and won't backstab you. Of course you'll wonder why you should trust me after all the lies I served you toDay. In case I betray you, I will put the line "Hatmoza is the greatest man to ever grace the VGC forums." in my signature and keep it there forever. And secondly, every townie in this round will gain one month control over my avatar.

Feel free to ask me any questions. If a user like trucks leaves the site (even if temporarily) because my teammate goes crazy, then the game has gone too far.

so what are your precise goals? What is your role? You are that guy that travels with the Queen across the sea, right?

RolStoppable said:
DanneSandin said:

What's your alignment? What does it say in your PM (don't quote the whole goddamn thing though); which side do you belong to?

What kind of question is this?

Ask you any question you said. This is what I want to know. Alignment. As given in your PM.

and most importantly, how did you get the "watcher" result, wo where your earlier targets this game?

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
RolStoppable said:
DanneSandin said:

Ask you any question you said. This is what I want to know. Alignment. As given in your PM.

He is Cartel...

pezus said:
mantlepiecek said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4640312

1. Here is pezus saying that scum definitely targeted Rol. How does he know that? He says Rol is a confirmed power role and hence it makes sense.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4640386

2. Here is pezus agreeing with Rol, saying he thought exactly that Rol couldn't be killed during the night. That is so hard to believe. The first question that came to my mind was how can Rol be so overpowered when there are vanilla townies in this game, it made no sense.

He then asks a one line question asking how can a watcher be unkillable. Seems like that didn't struck his mind when he "exactly thought of that" before Rol said it.

Basically, pezus is just agreeing for the sake of it. It's pretty clear.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4640418

3. Here is another post where pezus once again assumes something about Rol as fact. At this point Rol doesn't like it and tries to be suspicious about me. : gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4640480 Notice how Rol too, puts me together with Danne, just like Pezus did at the start of the day.

4. If this is not enough, there is more :

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4640535

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4640564

Two consecutive posts, same content. But by different posters.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4640217

5. LOL "I hope you did the smart thing by watching hatmoza or final-fan." This makes no sense. Why the hell will Rol watching Final-Fan make any sense? Rol watched prof on night 1 and it paid off. What makes him think watching final-fan will be good?

Well, here's what makes him think that :

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4641299

6. Isn't it funny that pezus and Rol have so much in common? It is because they are both scum.

vote : Pezus

I am sure these two guys are together now. It has been way too obvious now. The reason why we aren't scumhunting well is because Rol has been playing really well in this game, and pezus roleclaimed miller and it paid off. He probably realized that baalz's Robb Stark didn't make sense and jumped on the oppurtunity, that or baalz is scum as well.

Great stuff, but how does this prove I am scum again? It only means I have agreed with a lot of his thoughts.

1. You answered the question yourself. Of course, I was assuming he was town, because that's what I thought (and still think)

2. I knew because Rol had said on Day 2 that spurge should protect someone else. Well, I didn't know per se, but I had a big hunch.

3. Already explained this. Why did you bring it up again?

4. Look back at day 2 please, I wanted Kantor out then, you and others wanted Mario. What does that tell you? I already showed you the posts where I decided to vote for Kantor first, so I didn't follow Rol

5. Because hatmoza looks scummy as shit and I suspected final-fan. Look back at the end of Day 2 please. Oh, look, I was right...is it possible that we had a similar thought process here?

6. Isn't it funny that you're voting for me without any proof? You are "sure". Why do you assume something like that as a fact again? Do you really think I'm that stupid to claim miller without having any idea if there was a town miller out there? We didn't even know if roles were tied with characters back then.

Rol is scum, genius.

You and your hunches. They can't fool me pezus.

You agree with him, there is a slight chance now, like stefl said, that you are not scum and it was Rol all along I should have been suspicious about.

Stefl1504 said:
DanneSandin said:
RolStoppable said:
DanneSandin said:

He is Cartel...

Yeah I just saw...

Oh sorry kantor! I forgot to trim that last tree!!

RolStoppable said:
Stefl1504 said:

so what are your precise goals? What is your role? You are that guy that travels with the Queen across the sea, right?

The elimination of three specific characters who are all claimants to the throne. My role is shifting and I am not restricted to only one Night action. And yes, I am Jorah Mormont.

Which characters?