By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 42 - Game of Thrones

spurgeonryan said:
I like Kantors list.

He calls the guy who watched him town to get on his good side.

Does not know if he is an insane doctor or sane doctor. But automatically thinks Mario is scum.

Only mildly suspicious of me. Why?

Where is baalz on his list? He has pezus, but no baalz.

Hatmoza is usually abrupt and demanding. Anyone else think his demands feel like hey are different than his town demands? Just another "feeling" like I have with Kantors posting. Reminds me of how he acted in a past game when he turned up scum.

@ mantle

If I answered your question then my secret would be out. That was a sly move on your part though sir.

Ok, don't answer then. The reason I was asking was because I thought it should have been obvious for the doctor to target prof. But you didn't which means you didn't think prof was town.

So just tell me, did you think prof was town at the end of day 1?

Around the Network
pezus said:
mantlepiecek said:
pezus said:

I read Kantor's recent posts (along with FF's and Rol's) and decided to give it a bit of a think-over. If he is indeed telling the truth, lynching him would be bad. I will at least keep him on my suspect list and see where it goes after the night is over. 

What do you mean I have been following his footsteps? 

From my observations, you voted for kantor after Rol voted for him and you have been pointing out some things that Rol has pointed out.

That is what I mean by following his footsteps.

No, I did not...

My post: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4636397

Rol's: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4636410

Well, I got you two mixed up there. But I was also talking about this : -

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4635013  -  Rol's post

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4635060  -  Your post a couple of posts later.

NoCtiS_NoX said:
DanneSandin said:
Alright peeps, we have less than two days on us to get a lynch going. It seems that our best options at the moment would be Kantor and/or Mario...

This is how I see the situation:

1a) Both Kantor and Mario are town, Kantor accidently killed prof, wonk gets killed by vig and smeags gets whacked by mafia. There is therefore only ONE mafia team, around 6 people strong (probably).
1b) Both Kantor and Mario are town, Kantor accidently killed prof, wonk gets killed by mafia1 and smeags gets whacked by mafia2. There is therefore only TWO mafia teams, around 3 people strong each (probably) and there is no vig.
1c) Both Kantor and Mario are town, Kantor accidently killed prof, wonk gets killed by mafia/SK and smeags gets whacked by mafia/SK. There is therefore only ONE mafia team, around 6 people strong (probably) and one SK and no vig.

2a) Kantor is mafia and Mario is town motivator, mafia1 (with Kantor) kills prof, mafia2 kills smeags and Wonk is offed by the vig. TWO mafia teams around 3 people strong each.
2b) Kantor is mafia and Mario is town motivator, the mafia (with Kantor) kills prof, SK kills smeags and Wonk is offed by the vig. ONE mafia team around 6 people strong.
2c) Kantor is mafia and Mario is town motivator, mafia1 (with Kantor) kills prof, mafia2/SK kills smeags and Wonk is offed by the SK/mafia2. TWO mafia teams around 3 people strong each and one SK and no vig.

3a) Mario is mafia strongman and Kantor is town doc, mafia1 (with Mario) kills prof, mafia2 kills smeags and Wonk is offed by the vig. TWO mafia teams around 3 people strong each.
3b) Mario is mafia strongman and Kantor is town doc, the mafia (with Mario) kills prof, SK kills smeags and Wonk is offed by the vig. ONE mafia team around 6 people strong.
3c) Mario is mafia strongman and Kantor is town doc, mafia1 (with Mario) kills prof, mafia2/SK kills smeags and Wonk is offed by the SK/mafia2. TWO mafia teams around 3 people strong each and one SK and no vig.

Have I missed something, or is this a pretty good over view of what might have happend?

So where are the cartel in your scenario?

Yeah, I kinda accidently mixed it up with a mafia faction... So that would be either mafia1 or mafia2 I guess, depending on the scenario...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

mantlepiecek said:
DanneSandin said:
mantlepiecek said:

FoS : Danne

Why?

You were forcing spurge way too much during his name-claim. You also say that your role and the character doesn't match, you have actually said this a lot, which makes me think you might be just lying to clear your path in future where upon name claiming people find out that your role and character doesn't match.

Yeah, I don't think you've read what I've written. I've said it's FAR FETCHED! NOT the same thing as "doesn't match". Go back and read it like it's written.

And I wasn't the only one wanting him to name claim; I might have been the FIRST to want him to do it (can't remember), but I certainly wasn't the only one.

And how the Hell could this day end up with no lynch??? It's 12 hours til night fall, and we're no where near getting some one lynched. And to be honest, I couldn't choose between either of Kantor and Mario... Lynching one of them, and that person turned up town, actually wouldn't tell us anything! If we really want some answers we need to lynch Kantor, to see if he's insane or not. But is it worth it?!

Lynching Mario and he turns up town doesn't tell us anything about Kantor; he could either be scum or insane - which means we can't trust him to protect anyone anyway.

Lynching Kantor we MIGHT know if he's insane or not, and that could tell us something about Mario; if Kantor is sane Mario is scum. Easy as that.

For the sake of scum hunting we should lynch Kantor.
For the sake of the town we should lynch Mario (doctor being a more powerful/necessary role).

That's just my two cents.

Around the Network
pezus said:
radishhead said:
The only problem is, if we lynch Noctis and he turns out town, what information will we gain from his lynch? If he is town, I think he's vanilla (if he had a power role then he might have been a bit more interested in the round) - in that knowledge, lynching him wouldn't be a bad idea if other people had been defending him etc., but his inactivity means that he doesn't have connections to anyone. It might be a bit of a wasted lynch

Agree with this. What does spurge think about all this? Stefl? Danne? And others who haven't commented much on this?

I do agree with Radish - but the same goes for korrpi really... Could be a wasted lynch which would weaken the town.

The whole kantor/mario scenario revolves around the possible fact that wonk was killed by a vigilante. I thought about it and here is an alternate theory :

Smeags death :

During day 1, I observed that smeags was giving out hints about his character. Both pezus and kantor realized who smeags was, but prof (who knows GoT theme well) faked knowing nothing about it. I didn't buy it at that time, but I also thought maybe prof was trying to keep smeags identity safe? So I didn't pursue him.

And the next day prof flips scum and smeags flips town. I think it's safe to say that prof (or his team) killed smeags.

Wonk's death :

During day 1, wonk appeared shady, he didn't post much, and was like someone else said, like his mafia self. This definitely created a lot of suspicion on him, but at the end of day 1, the highest amount of suspicion was on Final-Fan, and also on Spurgeonryan because they hammered baalz thereby allowing no time for discussion. I don't think the vigilante killed wonk. The scum faction 2 knows that wonk is not in their team, and might have killed him as a result.

Prof's death :

Kantor says he protected prof because he thought prof was town. He has given an explanation for the protection (whereas mario just tells me to go back and read it). Assuming he is the insane doctor (which is big assumption) the townie who killed someone would have to be kantor.

I admit I thought about this scenario after all the discussion about insane doctor started up. If Wonk wasn't killed by the vigilante, then he has to be killed by scum. Smeags was definitely killed by prof's team. That means prof was killed by a townie, and kantor is the only one who has stepped forward.

Of course this theory assumes that both mario and kantor are what they are saying.

If the vigilante is one-shot, and has killed wonk, then he should step forward and say it to disprove this theory. Of course, if you are a jack of all trades then don't. Basically do not out yourself if you still have a night action left.

DanneSandin said:
mantlepiecek said:
DanneSandin said:
mantlepiecek said:

FoS : Danne

Why?

You were forcing spurge way too much during his name-claim. You also say that your role and the character doesn't match, you have actually said this a lot, which makes me think you might be just lying to clear your path in future where upon name claiming people find out that your role and character doesn't match.

Yeah, I don't think you've read what I've written. I've said it's FAR FETCHED! NOT the same thing as "doesn't match". Go back and read it like it's written.

And I wasn't the only one wanting him to name claim; I might have been the FIRST to want him to do it (can't remember), but I certainly wasn't the only one.

I went back and read it, it seems you are right. You said far-fetched.

I am now 100% sure Mario is scum. He starts off saying he is suspicious of me for defending prof, but then he also says I thought prof has a powerful role. The latter part he said on day 2 when everyone realized that prof was Cartel Flavour Cop. He had to twist my words to do this, and this is obviously what a scum does. This made me think he is scum not only because of the twisting, but also because mario's line of thinking for doubting me throughout day 1 was that I defended prof. Not that I thought he had any abilities.

Mario has been trying real bad at painting everyone who asks him anything as scum. This is basically, I believe, a move from him to deflect suspicion on him. People asking questions is now somewhat scummy to him. I would actually think people questioning me is a good thing because it helps us know who is much more probable to be town.

The only person he doesn't suspect who questioned him is Rol, who role-claimed later on. It's possible Mario wants everyone to role-claim and hence his HoS and FoS at everyone, as well as being suspicious of everyone who questions him. He also did support prof during his house-claim and didn't try to stop prof either, giving an excuse of an anti-town helping the discussion.

Combine all of this with his convenient role-claim of Motivator, whose effects we won't see on day 3 because he targeted prof(who is dead), and we will probably never see, I

vote : supermario128 

pezus said:
radishhead said:
The only problem is, if we lynch Noctis and he turns out town, what information will we gain from his lynch? If he is town, I think he's vanilla (if he had a power role then he might have been a bit more interested in the round) - in that knowledge, lynching him wouldn't be a bad idea if other people had been defending him etc., but his inactivity means that he doesn't have connections to anyone. It might be a bit of a wasted lynch

Agree with this. What does spurge think about all this? Stefl? Danne? And others who haven't commented much on this?

I think we could lynch vote out noctis... and again, I think you weren't paying attention to me again... because I said some time ago that I am going to reread because I was suspicious of him(which I never completed, because fuck you Firefox (no I am not pissed anymore, but I don't think after Noctis recent posts its that necessary to reread him)).