By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 42 - Game of Thrones

supermario128 said:

Just got back from work a few hours ago. All caught up now.

-snip-

Usually when people use ellipses they aren't really sure what to say. It implies that you were thinking of something else, but didn't write it. Yes, me being suspicious of Spurge is very ironic indeed, but both of you could be mafia.

-snip

Again, and follow carefully because right now I'm measuring how much you are paying attention to the game, you understand what the ellipses was for now, right? I'm not going to focus too much on this but you are only giving answers that best suit your point of view. Ellipses do indicate omission as you stated, but they also indicate incomplete thoughts and sarcasm. 

Carrying on. I'm getting a stink from your game. It's not only your recent joke vote on F-F when the joking stopped a while ago -it's also because the way you are handling or following up on your question. You give the most basic drawn conclusion from it. "If they answer they are town, if they didn't answer-and I have to look back at the post still- they are scum"... really? That is one one of the simplest, un-thought out strategies I've seen in mafia in a while.

Now that you are

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

accidentally posted before thought was complete

Now that you are back, what do you think of Radish, Pezus and Prof slip up with the nen issue?

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Blah blah blah, usual day one garbage, blah blah blah.

To answer a couple questions however.
1.) I am pro town
2.) I have a male character

Just thought I would put a note out there that the Nen thing means absolutely nothing. I myself had absolutely no clue that Nen was not playing the game, and I would believe pretty much anybody if they said the same was the case for them.

Vote: No Lynch

I'll just be back to normal practice unless something crazy happens, which it hasn't yet at this point in the game.

Radish, this might not have any relevance, but I'm interested to know why you thought you had to read up on the Game of Thrones series (and deep down, I am curious if you actually did or if you just want us to think you did) for this game of mafia.

While I'm at it, I might as well ask, did anybody else feel the need to read up on the Game of Thrones series for this game? I know some of you are already familiar with it, and this might tell me absolutely nothing, but you just never know.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

happydolphin said:

Hatmoza is a liability for all parties and I find you a source of paranoia, town is stronger without you.

Why does it sound like you are so certain that I am town in this post?

spurgeonryan said:
Your many questions make me think that you are town insomniac. Have you ever played this game before last round?

I played way back when the mafia games first started on the site from Round 2 to Round 17, according to my PMs. Round 17 was in June 2010. After that, I didn't play any mafia online or IRL until the last round.

Around the Network
mantlepiecek said:

Tell me, why did you not vote for spurge or hatmoza when you were actually suspicious of them, and instead went to vote for prof when you weren't?

This again? Like I said before, I thought it was obvious that I was joking.

hatmoza said:

Again, and follow carefully because right now I'm measuring how much you are paying attention to the game, you understand what the ellipses was for now, right? I'm not going to focus too much on this but you are only giving answers that best suit your point of view. Ellipses do indicate omission as you stated, but they also indicate incomplete thoughts and sarcasm. 

Carrying on. I'm getting a stink from your game. It's not only your recent joke vote on F-F when the joking stopped a while ago -it's also because the way you are handling or following up on your question. You give the most basic drawn conclusion from it. "If they answer they are town, if they didn't answer-and I have to look back at the post still- they are scum"... really? That is one one of the simplest, un-thought out strategies I've seen in mafia in a while.

Indeed. They can often indicate other things as well.

Are you saying I smell bad? Who says my vote on FF was a joke. He just admitted to being anti town didn't he? Also, I like how you took what I said out of context too. I never said they are town if they answer, nor did I say they were scum of they didn't. I said you can get an interesting read based on how they answer, and if they completely ignore the question they might be scum.

hatmoza said:

Now that you are back, what do you think of Radish, Pezus and Prof slip up with the nen issue?

I don't find it very useful at all. Anyone could make that mistake, whether they are town or scum.

Baalzamon said:
While I'm at it, I might as well ask, did anybody else feel the need to read up on the Game of Thrones series for this game?

No. Only the scum will want to become familiar with it in the event they have to fake claim.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Ok, after three times of asking mario and him still not understanding I'm just going to file that under him being oblivious to the abscence of flavor in the OP when the game started (not paying attention). Despite telling him point blank that my "I love the flavor opening..." post was me being sarcastic about the missing opening flavor. I'm going to stop pushing this point before I get a nose bleed.

supermario128 said:

Are you saying I smell bad? Who says my vote on FF was a joke. He just admitted to being anti town didn't he? Also, I like how you took what I said out of context too. I never said they are town if they answer, nor did I say they were scum of they didn't. I said you can get an interesting read based on how they answer, and if they completely ignore the question they might be scum.

Quoting you"

"Some might ignore it completely and those people especially are probably scum. I'm going to have to look back and see who didn't even acknowledge my question."

Really... you never said that, ay? I do give you credit for adding the "probably" to avoid generalizing, but no, that's exactly what you said.

And yes, you definitely smell. Especially the more I question you.

hatmoza said:

Quoting you"

"Some might ignore it completely and those people especially are probably scum. I'm going to have to look back and see who didn't even acknowledge my question."

Really... you never said that, ay? I do give you credit for adding the "probably" to avoid generalizing, but no, that's exactly what you said.

And yes, you definitely smell. Especially the more I question you.

I like how you completely ignore the word "probably". lol

"...the abscence of flavor in the OP when the game started (not paying attention). Despite telling him point blank that my "I love the flavor opening..." post was me being sarcastic about the missing opening flavor. "

Either way, I still found it suspicious. Why are you defending yourself against a HoS anyway. It isn't like I voted for you. Maybe you are mafia after all, eh?

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

I barely know the AUTHOR of those books, let alone the content. And I'm certainly not going to run out and read them just for this game, even though I'm a pretty fast reader.

@ SM128: If you're not joking, what is up with your smiley faces? Tell me the presice reasoning behind your vote of me, and if it's not stupid then I might not vote you.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!