By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 42 - Game of Thrones

mantlepiecek said:

Power Role

A power role is any role that is not Vanilla. This does not imply that the role is actually powerful, or even helpful - just different from the ubiquitous Vanilla Townie.

These roles are further divided into Active Roles and Passive Roles.

Directly copied from the wiki.

They obviously don't know the definition of the word "powerful". Either way, it doesn't matter. You said Prof might have abilities and defended him when it really wasn't needed. THAT is what matters. You over reaction to something I wasn't even that sure about tells me I could be right, though.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network
hatmoza said:
And mario continues to behave scummy... I'm taking some aspirin, and taking a long sleep tonight. I can't remember the last time I had such a huge headache from a mafia game.

I don't understand what is so scummy about me, and I'm sorry to have given you a headache. I'm just trying to figure things out, ask people questions, get discussion going, etc. If I was so scummy I would post just enough to not look suspicious like Kantor or Final Fan. If you really are town then we are wasting time arguing with each other while the scum are laughing about it, and if that is true I am sorry again.

Nintendo still doomed?

supermario128 said:
mantlepiecek said:

Directly copied from the wiki.

They obviously don't know the definition of the word "powerful". Either way, it doesn't matter. You said Prof might have abilities and defended him when it really wasn't needed. THAT is what matters. You over reaction to something I wasn't even that sure about tells me I could be right, though.

A power role is a name given to abilities. It has got nothing to do with how powerful the ability is. It's a simple concept which a player as experienced as you should have known by now.

The only reason I said prof could have abilities, was to counter your "he was an hindrance to the town" part of the post.

Unvote

@Hatmoza: Dumb luck or not, it would have worked no matter what. It is not that hard to act scummy in this game, and it especially isn't that hard to start saying things that people will question and eventually vote you out for.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

(Um ... oops, I guess I had this half finished post sitting there since about 5 minutes after my last one. Uh ... so I finished it.)

Let's see, other thoughts ... I was going to comment on how "cartel" probably didn't mean anything more than "Mafia Team A", but that seems to have died down already. I agree with Rol's analysis. I don't really care about SM128's suspicions of me. I mean, he's wrong, so he'd do better suspecting someone else, but it just feels like background noise to me coming from him for some reason.

As much as I hate flavor hunting ... prof was Baratheon. Unless I'm wrong -- and GoT fans please correct me -- the two "main" contenders for the throne are Baratheon and Stark. So it could be that those two houses are the mafia teams, which would make radishhead scum. I'm not in love with this theory, but it seems like something that's worth throwing out there.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
@ Insomniac
In a time when everyone is talking about everything under the sun you come back to me after day one. It is like you did not trust me much yesterday, and then over the night you have found a reason to not trust me even more. In the mean time you barely mentioned d anything about baalz or anything else that has happened during day 2. I think you are scum and are doing a bad job at hiding it. Why not just jump out and vote for me insomniac? You ..at..this point have had the most attention of any player on me. So when I pop up town you will already be looked at first. So why not just grow some and vote for me already?

I am also very suspicious of you Spurge. Don't just point at Insomniac. Besides, his posts make a lot of sense and are of sound reasoning, unlike others. He gives off a pro town vibe.

@Mantle
I know what a power role is. Even if I did put words in your mouth you are over reacting a bit. Power role vs powerful role isn't that big of a mistake and not something to warrant a vote in my opinion, but you can do whatever you want.

Nintendo still doomed?

I can assure you all of Stark house is not scum.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

spurgeonryan said:
Kantor sure got quiet after more than just myself became suspicious of him!

@ Insomniac

In a time when everyone is talking about everything under the sun you come back to me after day one. It is like you did not trust me much yesterday, and then over the night you have found a reason to not trust me even more. In the mean time you barely mentioned d anything about baalz or anything else that has happened during day 2. I think you are scum and are doing a bad job at hiding it. Why not just jump out and vote for me insomniac? You ..at..this point have had the most attention of any player on me. So when I pop up town you will already be looked at first. So why not just grow some and vote for me already?

vote: insomniac

See! Its that easy.

FoS Kantor

I am concerned that you did not actually read my post. For your convenience, here is the entire thing. In bold is the part where I talk about the Baalz thing and the debate over whether or not he is scum. In italics is the part in which I mention that I was already suspicious of you, and reference posts that did not help diminish my suspicion in any way.

insomniac17 said:

I'm confused about the Baalz thing. During Day 1, I voted for him because it baffled me that he would just give up and let himself be lynched if he was pro town. I did not realize at the time that he was unlynchable, and he said so in a later post (which I didn't see until after Spurge's hammer vote).

Right now, I am more inclined to believe Baalz because the plan would draw tons of attention to himself, without him having been under any pressure. I don't think that he had been very suspicious up until the point where he claimed miller, and to say that he was trying to give himself an excuse if a cop scanned him seems farfetched to me. If he was scum, I see no reason for him to try to make such a claim on day 1 right as activity was slowing down, which would ensure that he was the center of attention.

General feelings about hatmoza and happyd from their support of a scum Baalz? Hatmoza's argument doesn't bother me too much; even the part where he hasn't pushed for a lynch of Baalz today. Not many people believe his argument, and to continue to push for a Baalz lynch would be pointless at this time. As for the argument itself, I can at least see where he's coming from. But as for now, I am inclined to agree with Baalz' reasoning. The part that does bother me is his claim that baalz is changing his argument. I haven't noticed any of that, so please point that out to me if I'm missing any contradictions.

Happyd's argument bothers me a bit more because not all of his points make sense to me; Baalz causing night, not knowing about another miller and therefore wondering how Baalz would attract votes, not planning on being lynched vs not caring; Those don't contradict each other if he is unlynchable, from my understanding. Happyd later said that to say you don't care about being lynched implies that you don't care about the night starting. To me, that said that Baalz wasn't worried about people voting for him because he knew he couldn't be lynched, not that he wanted night to start sooner.

Posts that bother me:

Post 1. This vote was the second to last on Baalz (Final-Fan's vote), after Baalz had told people to stop voting for him to keep discussion going and explained why he claimed at all. Of course, it's not too hard to imagine people not believing him after that. It just feels odd to me.

Post 2. The hammer vote on Baalz. I'm already suspicious of Spurge, so this didn't help matters. My problem with this is more that he did it while people are talking than that he cast the hammer vote.

Post 3. Spurge defending his vote on Baalz. This one just rubbed me the wrong way. Casting the hammer vote is different than casting another vote; especially in a game like this where there is no twilight. That immediately ends the day, and there isn't supposed to be any more discussion until the next day starts. Again, he hammered Baalz while discussion was going on, and that bothers me.

Also, for your viewing pleasure, I have included a link (here) to the post on the second page of the game (at 50 posts per page) in which I did vote for you. That vote lasted until the 21st page (again, at 50 posts per page), where I voted for Baalz (here), while making explicitly clear that I don't think you're town by stating, and I quote, "But that doesn't mean that I think you're town, Spurge."

To answer you directly;

I do think that I addressed my thoughts on the Baalz topic well. In case you forgot, please see the bolded in my post quoted above. If you have any questions about anything that has happened that I have not talked about yet, ask away.

I did not trust you yesterday. I thought that was clear after I voted for you on the second page.

You gave me another reason not to trust you by hammering Baalz. I didn't need to go looking for it; it was right there.

Why do you think I am scum? Is it because I have been focusing more on you than on anyone else, and I find you suspicious? If you are lynched and show up as town, let me worry about how people will react to that. You should be focused on telling me why I should trust you. You have failed to do so this far.

Final-Fan said:
...the two "main" contenders for the throne are Baratheon and Stark. So it could be that those two houses are the mafia teams, which would make radishhead scum.

My characters last name is Stark, and I am not mafia, so no. You are wrong.

Nintendo still doomed?

@ happy: I don't think scum-Baalz would have said, "oh BTW I also lied about my name" unless he was worried about prof namecopping him and calling him out on it.

@ whoever else asked about baalz: It's a good point that it would be pretty odd for scum-Baalz to pull that stunt right at the end of the day, instead of hanging on to his lynch-proof-ness (if he's scum it simply has to be 1-shot) till a later Day, even if he wanted to do some gambit like that. And frankly, while I can see hatmoza pulling that as scum, I'm having a harder time believing it of Baalz now that I've had more time to mull it over.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!