By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New trailer of The Last of Us - my jaw dropped - Most beautiful game ever made

Gamer_of_the_Year said:
the_dengle said:
Jay520 said:
Gamer_of_the_Year said:

GAME.....OF......THE.....CENTURY!!!!

And it's RATED FRICKIN' M!!!!!!!!

OMG, CANT WAIT!!!!!!

ZOMFGROFXYZ!!! YEEESS!! IT'S RATED M!!!!

Is that seriously a selling point for people or is at least one of you being sarcastic?

The game looks amazing. I'm very confident it'll be a GOTY contender. But the rating doesn't affect my opinion of it in the slightest.

I say that for a myriad of reasons.

1) It's Naughty Dog's FIRST Rated M game. Groundbreaking, can't wait to see what they do with the limitless range.

2) It's a HORROR game. Which means the horror can be taken to the FULL EXTENT and NOT HOLD BACK. Which is a GREAT THING.

3) It means the themes and motifs are going to be EXTEMELY mature. And I for one have adored the mature experiences Sony has giving me this Gen ala Heavy Rain.

This game is going to be brilliant. Without a doubt. 

I'm all for some brutal realism (e.g. violence) as long as it's not unecessary/excessive. 

As for the swearing though...I really wish they'd keep the F bomb out of the game. Use any other swear word (again, as long as it's not unnecessary/excessive), just skip f*#$. You can tell an amazing (and still mature) story without having it in there. Look at The Road (movie similar to TLoU). I actually don't remember any swearing, come to think of it.

I really don't mind the word normally, especially in movies; but for some reason, I don't like it when it's in my video games. Worst imo, is that ND is gonna alienate an entire population group (teenagers and kids living in their parents' house) if they make things over-the-top mature. I know I'll likely get flak for this, but I just don't think it's necessary, especially for a ND game (consistently the creators of my favorite games). It just didn't seem right or seem to fit when the ambusher said it. 

OT: Trailer was intense with lots of emotion and atmosphere. Really high hopes for this game.

Around the Network
Millenium said:
Oh NinPie, tell us more of how you charmed this girl! I find this.. interesting. Us older men have to use candy and gifts to lure 12-14 years olds, but you youngsters have different ways I believe.

No need to lure them.  

Hot looks talk by themselves.

NintendoPie said:
Millenium said:
Oh NinPie, tell us more of how you charmed this girl! I find this.. interesting. Us older men have to use candy and gifts to lure 12-14 years olds, but you youngsters have different ways I believe.

No need to lure them.  

pics or you're full of shit

Andrespetmonkey said:
DepthAlly said:

I named the games he reviewed that were from Sony. Most of the other Sony games were reviewed by the others on the Playstation team at IGN. Also, yes other media outlets scored these games in the same ball park, but most don't review ALL of them in the same ball park. The scores Greg gave them are far higher than the GR average. And I used to follow the site for a couple years listening to all the podcasts and he would endlessly rave about how Sony won E3 and gush over all their games. I stopped Following the site quite a while ago so I'm not familiar with him of late but it doesn't sound like he's changed much.

Meh, whatever then. I guess we can just agree to disagree.

Yeah, might as well. I don't want to get into some argument that you and I both know will end up with us more entrenched in same ideas we started out with.

Food for thought: Shove an apple in your brain

DepthAlly said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
DepthAlly said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
DepthAlly said:

The scores he gives a lot of Sony games are far higher than the mean scores the games have.

The only series he seems to give scores that are significantly higher than average to is Uncharted as far as I know. What else is there?

I think I've formed a difference opinion to you since I listen to him on 2 podcasts each week... In fact he was just on the 360 podcast I listen to.

Well, there are the Uncharteds then there's Infamous and Patapon 2 and 3 and Resistance: Retribution and I think the LittleBigPlanet games. And it's the whole Sony team at IGN which includes him that are so teet suckingly in love with Sony.

I honestly don't think you know much about Greg. You really should not jump to conclusions like that

you named 4-5 games for the ps3 as your evidence, which should tell you how flawed your logic is EVEN if you base your whole pov on just that one thing. Add to the fact that even those games had many other media outlets scoring in the same ball park. And also add to that the fact that, you most probably haven't even played those games you mentioned....yeah 

I named the games he reviewed that were from Sony. Most of the other Sony games were reviewed by the others on the Playstation team at IGN. Also, yes other media outlets scored these games in the same ball park, but most don't review ALL of them in the same ball park. The scores Greg gave them are far higher than the GR average. And I used to follow the site for a couple years listening to all the podcasts and he would endlessly rave about how Sony won E3 and gush over all their games. I stopped Following the site quite a while ago so I'm not familiar with him of late but it doesn't sound like he's changed much.

So wait, those are the only sony reviews he has done? Because I highly doubt every game fits the criterai you mentioned

but I guess Andre already addressed this point for you. You are heavily exaggarating here. And the man does critic sony..at times even harsher than others. But obviously he will promote sony more given that's his department. I have read and heard fanboyish and stupid statements from Ninty crew of IGN as well. It's just a 'role' they play. And let's face it, you haven't played those games right? If you have then we could just talk about what score they actually deserved. 

Anywho now it's obvious he is not the only one who is impressed. So no need to doubt him on this matter anymore yes?

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

nice trailer.

M.U.G.E.N said:
DepthAlly said:

So wait, those are the only sony reviews he has done? Because I highly doubt every game fits the criterai you mentioned

but I guess Andre already addressed this point for you. You are heavily exaggarating here. And the man does critic sony..at times even harsher than others. But obviously he will promote sony more given that's his department. I have read and heard fanboyish and stupid statements from Ninty crew of IGN as well. It's just a 'role' they play. And let's face it, you haven't played those games right? If you have then we could just talk about what score they actually deserved. 

Anywho now it's obvious he is not the only one who is impressed. So no need to doubt him on this matter anymore yes?

No really, most Sony published games are given much higher scores than the GR average. And I agree, the Nintendo crew and MS crew aren't much better, but I singled out Greg because that's who was mentioned. I mean, there's a reason I stopped visiting the site and it wasn't just Greg.

Andrespetmonkey said:
NintendoPie said:
Millenium said:

No need to lure them.  

pics or you're full of shit

I'm only 13. I can't post pics!

DepthAlly said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
DepthAlly said:

No really, most Sony published games are given much higher scores than the GR average. And I agree, the Nintendo crew and MS crew aren't much better, but I singled out Greg because that's who was mentioned. I mean, there's a reason I stopped visiting the site and it wasn't just Greg.

well I hate these reviewers and all equally lol The only sites I visit and like are TSA and EpicBattleAxe. Joystiq and 1up used to be my favorites but they have gone to the shitter as well imo. Oh well

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
DepthAlly said:

well I hate these reviewers and all equally lol The only sites I visit and like are TSA and EpicBattleAxe. Joystiq and 1up used to be my favorites but they have gone to the shitter as well imo. Oh well

Yeah I'm always having trouble finding a site to stick to. Either I always see the worst in things or I the sites genuinely get worse. I like to think it's the latter.