By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
radishhead said:

Having said that, I don't think that we have enough evidence to lynch anyone yet, and so I'm going for my default day-1 option

Vote: No Lynch

Alright now this feels forced. No duh there's not enough evidence to lynch anyone yet. We aren't even 100 posts in!

Around the Network
Linkzmax said:
radishhead said:

Having said that, I don't think that we have enough evidence to lynch anyone yet, and so I'm going for my default day-1 option

Vote: No Lynch

Alright now this feels forced. No duh there's not enough evidence to lynch anyone yet. We aren't even 100 posts in!

By including "default", I was implying that it's what I always do until other evidence can be found. Obviously I would vote someone if this was to change- I just like to get the No Lynch vote in there early so that nobody could accuse me of bandwagoning - mafia is all about image and perception :)

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Linkzmax said:
Final-Fan said:

Yeah, I think you do need to say why.  Last game, he absolutely rejected the idea that his actions were detrimental to town.  And now, he is showing what I would almost call aggressive ignorance.  Not only did he not bother researching the Alarmist before commenting on the suggestion that cults were in the game, but he seems to be under the impression that I'm voting him simply because of that fact, despite that I've been loudly calling for his lynch ever since the sign-ups, a fact that I specifically referred to in my post, and for reasons that I also reiterated in that post. 

I mean god damn, what good is it to have a player that never listens to anyone and exists only to confuse the town and hammer people at random?  It's like having a Jester in every game. 

Your referencing that it was something you wanted to do before the game began makes your vote mean even less.

Anyway we'd get very little discussion from your crusade, and most of what we do get would be radish-centric. As many know, the points against radish are valid, so it's not even likely that scum would be found on the lynch. Maybe radish is scum, so yay a succesful lynch, but it won't be as good for leads. It's like a day 2 where a cop claims a guilty scan right off the bat.

"what good is it to have a player that never listens to anyone and exists only to [distract] the town and hammer people at random?  It's like having a Jester in every game."  [edit: bolded]

This is what leaving radish alone in previous games has led to.  I admit we might not learn much from the flip, but that doesn't make it the wrong move -- just as lynching the guy the cop scanned guilty is not the wrong move.  I want radish, as he is playing now, out of this game.  Frankly I'd probably be in favor of No Lynch otherwise, so it's win-win from where I'm sitting. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

STOP WORRYING ABOUT YOUR IMAGE!

You want to make your worthless(because no lynches aren't going to happen) default vote, then make it. Making up a crap reason for the vote when it isn't needed is what bothers me. That's what I'd expect you to do as scum, thinking it will make you appear townish.

Linkzmax said:

You want to make your worthless(because no lynches aren't going to happen) default vote, then make it. Making up a crap reason for the vote when it isn't needed is what bothers me. That's what I'd expect you to do as scum, thinking it will make you appear townish.

There you go, a legitimate reason to vote radish. 

P.S.  [distract] was not an edit, it's just something I altered in that post (from the beginning) from the way the quote originally was, to better fit what I meant. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
Linkzmax said:
Final-Fan said:

Yeah, I think you do need to say why.  Last game, he absolutely rejected the idea that his actions were detrimental to town.  And now, he is showing what I would almost call aggressive ignorance.  Not only did he not bother researching the Alarmist before commenting on the suggestion that cults were in the game, but he seems to be under the impression that I'm voting him simply because of that fact, despite that I've been loudly calling for his lynch ever since the sign-ups, a fact that I specifically referred to in my post, and for reasons that I also reiterated in that post. 

I mean god damn, what good is it to have a player that never listens to anyone and exists only to confuse the town and hammer people at random?  It's like having a Jester in every game. 

Your referencing that it was something you wanted to do before the game began makes your vote mean even less.

Anyway we'd get very little discussion from your crusade, and most of what we do get would be radish-centric. As many know, the points against radish are valid, so it's not even likely that scum would be found on the lynch. Maybe radish is scum, so yay a succesful lynch, but it won't be as good for leads. It's like a day 2 where a cop claims a guilty scan right off the bat.

"what good is it to have a player that never listens to anyone and exists only to [distract] the town and hammer people at random?  It's like having a Jester in every game."  [edit: bolded]

This is what leaving radish alone in previous games has led to.  I admit we might not learn much from the flip, but that doesn't make it the wrong move -- just as lynching the guy the cop scanned guilty is not the wrong move.  I want radish, as he is playing now, out of this game.  Frankly I'd probably be in favor of No Lynch otherwise, so it's win-win from where I'm sitting. 

If radish is town then the "negatives" of having him around do not outweigh the loss of a chance at lynching scum. But I'm not even saying it's the wrong move, just that it's pre-mature. Holding on to a scan for so long when nothing is really going on(like Mario last round) is a drag, but I'd rather things develop a bit so the day isn't a foregone conclusion.

Final-Fan said:
Linkzmax said:

There you go, a legitimate reason to vote radish. 

P.S.  [distract] was not an edit, it's just something I altered in that post (from the beginning) from the way the quote originally was, to better fit what I meant. 

Hardly, he's just trying to make sure that I least learn something from this round should I get taken out of it early. 

It must be said, it would be ironic if the campaign to hold my lynch was directed by my favourite pony :)

Watch me on YouTube!

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Fair enough Linkz. Just remember that these super-long first Days have really and truly gotten out of hand. Don't wait too long to take a stand.

radishhead said:
theprof00 said:

No a successful mafia player needs to be able to think. You do not think, you just react to things. I never address votes on myself because I am too busy trying to find mafia. You seem to spend most of your time trying to stay alive rather than finding scum, like today. You spend all your time "dodging" insignificant votes, then you're not contributing. 

I'm trying to hunt for mafia, but you're lingering on this pointless argument that only exists to put me down and get on the side of Final Fan- didn't you consider that he could be mafia?

I'm going to ignore all messages regarding my playstyle from Prof (just because someone might have another opinion on the matter that I'll have to address, and then I'll ignore them too), because I think that it'll help us make progress on something useful 

I'm considering all players are mafia. FF might be mafia, and so might you.

I would like you to start playing. Start finding mafia, and when you do I'll take my vote off. DOn't even respond to this post, you scum, just find me a mafia and I'll trust you then.

Okay, I'll start finding mafia as soon as people start talking about stuff that isn't related to me (since I obviously can't find anyone if that's all we're talking about)

Watch me on YouTube!