By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I may have to revise nights 4through 6 because I had to do thos separtely at work, but I'm pretty sure it was something like this:

Night Actions

User/Day

N1

N2

N3

N4

N5

N6

Linkz

Investigated  by Trucks fails because trucks was  redirected

Rol

Bussed by Linkz/Killed by mario

Ninpie

Blocked by Smeags

Blocked by Smeags

Bussed by Linkz/Kiled by Mario/Doc’d by baalz fails because of bus/Guard by Stefl

Wonk

Anti-Virus given from Rol

Bussed by Linkz/ Abducted but failed due to bus/ Guarded but failed due to buss

Bussed by Linkz/Killed by Mario/ Primed by nen/ Vig Shot by F-F

Noctis

Trucks

Pilfer by prof/ Redirected by Wonk  to Radish

Doc’d by baalz

Redirected by Wonk  to Mario/Doc’d by baalz

Nen

Blocked by F-F

Spurge

Stefl

Redirected by Wonk

Moreno

Bussed by Linkz/Kill by mario

Primed by nen

Mantlepie

Bussed by Linkz/ Kill by Mario/Doc’s by baalz/Guard by Stefl

Killed by mario

Baalz

Investigated  by Trucks fails because trucks was  redirected/ Character investigation by ninpie

Guarded by stefl

Prof

Guarded by stefl/abducted by Radish/Doc’d by baalz/Blocked by Smeags

Strongman kill by Moreno

Mario

Investigated by Trucks/

Final-Fan

Pilfer but failed because prof was killed that night

Doc’ by baalz

Radish

Investigated by Trucks/

Outlaw

Primed by nen

Rainbow

Insomniac

Bussed by Linkz/ Abducted by Radish/ Guarded by Stefl

Bussed by Linkz/Killed by Mario /primed  by nen/ Vig Shot by F-F

Smeags

Danne

Primed by Nen/doc’d by baalz

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

hmmm, the colors from word aren't working that distinguished the missed actions that were manipulated by buss and redirections.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

And sorry Radish! I didn't think doctor and jailkeeper was plausible, but I guess I was completely wrong.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

I also feel like I sorta had a worthless role as Doctor with the bus driver and redirector lol.

Also, sorry for the delay at the end...with my bro's wedding and a test tomorrow I just had a lot on my mind and didn't wanna mess this up, as obvious as it may have been.

Around the Network

It's a cold topic now, but boy, I cannot explain how fortunate you guys are that Wonk and Linkz decided to change their option night 3. The mafia had a domino effect after that. I don't think I've ever seen a mafia team get wiped out so cleanly.

"I Will Survive" Award, awarded to the players who survived til the end, Final-Fan & Baalz

Individual Awards

"Jinx" Award -Awarded to the first player to die, Rolstoppable
The most unfortunate thing that could possibly happen in the game of mafia is to be the first to be eliminated. There is no avoiding it. It will happen, and has to happen to someone. Just like the lottery, someone's got to win it. This award goes to you Jill Valentine. The mafia decided you were their biggest threat after the first day. This could actually be considered an honor,not a curse

"My Name Should Be Orange" Award -Awarded to the most annoying player, Nintendopie
Just when everyone thought they've finally gotten rid of the annoying Radish, along comes a 13 year old boy with the attitude of that of an annoying brat girl.Uncooperative, stubborn, and overall a hindrance to the game of mafia. You killed brain cells of newbs and veterans, town and mafia alike. You caused the moderator to drop several IQ points, and worst of all, you see nothing wrong with the way you played. If it was up to me, you will never play mafia on these forums again.

"Johnny Cochrane" Award -Awarded to best fakeclaim, Wonk
With two SKs in the game, Norman Jayden, an FBI agent from Heavy Rain who investigated players for being SKs was a perfect fake roleclaim. Unfortunately, it wasn't planned out well. The SK killer didn't believe you, and the SK 'killed' you just to be safe. You killed yourself with that roleclaim! Still, had you live just a bit longer, your roleclaim had the potential to mislynch many a' town... or one.

"Most Improved Player" Award -Awarded to the most improved player, Nen-Suer
In the early games, you were a promising player, since, you never really stood out in games. That all changed in Round 41. You perhaps did you best contributing in a mafia game this time around. Town loved you, and scum feared you.

"Paragon of Mafia Hunters" Award- Awarded to best scum catcher, Nen-Suer
You weren't even town and yet you provided some of the strongest arguments against the real mafiosi. You suspected them all at one point, all five of 'em. And how dangerous for the mafia that the one person who suspected them was the arsonist? Heck, you were burning mafia before it was even cool to lynch them. Congratulations on being the best scum hunter. One could argue you saved the town and earned them their victory.

"Coffee on the Monitor" Award
- Awarded to the funniest player, Final-Fan
Your presence may have been lacking early but it was at least felt. The humor in you posts will be remembered for their genius satire and sarcasm. Whether it was responding to rol that his next post would be 'wrong answer', claiming to be the Evil McNaughtypants, or accusing players of throwing wet blankets around, you kept the game entertaining since its start, through the dry droughts, and til the very end OOGA BOOGA. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4565692

"Ghost" Award- Awarded to least noticeable player, Insomniac
People ignored you, you ignored the game. When you did post, your posts went unnoticed. You weren't the most popular player but let's face it, you didn't make the effort either. However, your suspicious low activity did eventually draw the vigilante's and Scum's attention. The only thing you could have done to not win this award was to claim pro-town Janitor. Yeah, that wouldn't have worked well for you.

"Mr. Popular" Award -Awarded to the most targeted player in a single night, Prof
Prof was doc'd, blocked, guarded and abducted on the first night. If only some of that love was spread across the town... a certain unfortunate player would have lived passed the first day. Regardless, people with night actions loved you prof, they wanted to be around you. You are Mr. Popular!

"Best New Player" -Award- Awarded to the best new player, Mantle

As a first timer, your game really stood out. You showed both the enthusiasm and strong motivation of a promising player. Aside from a few hiccups,your conclusions were pretty accurate, and you remained one of the most consistent players throughout the game. Congratulations on being the best new player!

LVP Award- awarded to the least valuable player, Stefl.
Seriously, you suck on so many levels. And yes, I hate your stinkin' guts.

"Mr. Unpopular" Award- Awarded to the player who survived the whole game without a single night action, Baalz
Nobody loves you, town never cared to protect you, mafia didn't care to kill you. You were foreveralone in this game.

"Broken Condom" Award- Awarded to the player who made absolutely no use of their ability, Baalz
Doc! You saved zero lives. You always seemed to pick the wrong person to protect at every turn. In the end, it was like you were just a simple vanilla town. But you lived to the end, and because of this feat, combined with the fact you lived that long without protecting anyone of significance, you win this award. Hang it up proudly in your room.

"I wrote This" Award -Awarded to the best actual contributor to the game, Linkz
The game was not all rainbows and butterflies, when it did dry out, you were there to blow some life back into it regardless of the fact you were scum. Most would take the opportunity to take a back seat and watch everyone die of boredom. Thank you for not doing that, no seriously me and rol were dying in the dead thread.

MVP Award- Awarded to the overall best player in the game, Nen-Suer
You are the best, You helped your faction by lynching town and scum alike, you scorched thine enemy with furious flames by night, and wore your innocent smile and angel halo during the day. Serial Killers are infamous for having the odds stacked against them, but you fought those odds to the very end. Congratulations.

Moderator’s Journal:

*Please note these on nothing more than notes I type as the game was going on, starting 3 weeks ago. I stopped the journal somewhere around day 4 or 5. Enjoy*

Day 1

My first lol moment was when FF replied to  rol, who answered “wrong answer” several times already, if his next post was going to be wrong answer XD

Smeags “villager” post may come back to bite him in the ass. A common newb scum slip -- Referring to the town as if he isn’t a part of it. His own scum player Mario called him out on it. This will definitely give Mario town points.

Stefl specifically mentioned my preference of spelling “san” as “sen”. I definitely consider that as using the PM as proof of being town. Although I should mod kill him, I’m going to turn a blind eye.

People are coming to the realization I learned well over a year ago about Radish. He’s an attention whore –mention him, he’ll quote; make him the center of discussion, he’ll post, but only about himself. It’s quite annoying, even as a mod.

Prof’s “hand of Stalin” post was brilliant xD

Prof’s intuition kicking in about Wonk being scum. He didn’t state why he believes he’s scum, but I know the feeling too well. I’m interested to learn if he still suspects him later in the game.

Linkz finally made an appearance. Just in time I may add. He has a bad habit of disappearing for a good amount of time when he’s scum. He needs to understand that makes him suspicious regardless of who else is absent simply because he’s Linkz.

Overall, scum interactions with each other in the game is pretty balanced. They aren’t completely avoiding each other, and not going at each other in a way that would raise suspicion.

Prof just FoS’ed Linkz for being absent then suddenly posting a rather big post/s. Linkz hates hearing it, but he needs to be more consistent when he’s scum, Players with experience, like prof, will call him out on his absence. Prof’s heat will attract the investigative roles on Linkz. This is De Ja Vu when I correctly called out Linkz and Gnizmo as scum when they were absent in a previous game. They were both scum and recruited me … those bastards.

So far prof is correctly suspicious of 2 mafia. It makes me wonder how secure the quickly topics really are.

Rol is playing good, but he’s suspecting all the wrong people.  But he redeemed himself by actively questioning Moreno’s actions. 

So far Rol and baalz are doing the best scum hunting (pressuring Morne). Whereas prof loses points because he is definitely holding back his thoughts in fear of getting night killed again for being right. Ironically, with the few posts he made, he’s still the perfect target for scum. Can’t wait till night actions.

Prof explaining why he believes I switched roles with Spurge or something. Completely wrong but interesting theory. That’s our kryptonite prof –we overthink. Mantlepie is the one who is right. Spurge couldn’t be a switched role because I blatantly said “what if he was scum?” when I modkilled him. Spurge was always an alarmist.

Moreno is very inexperienced as mafia. Thought he’d be better honestly.

The last 200-300 posts leading into night 1 were absolutely boring. I’ve never been this bored hosting a game. I’ve gotten to a point where I wish Radish, ninpie, and smeags could have a brain transplant with more serious players. Prof is right, “spam.”

It’s about time someone other than myself noticed prof holding back, rol!

A lot of players are criticizing Trucks for being laid back and out of touch with this game. I like to believe he’s brilliantly deceiving scum by posing as a useless player while being perhaps the strongest role in the game, the cop.

Supermario doing a good job sowing the seeds of suspicion on prof

Trucks roleclaimed cop. Good job to Wonk, not just for putting the pressure on Trucks and causing the roleclaim, but for actively bailing out his scum mate Moreno from a potential lynch.

Day2

I’m glad the name/roleclaims are kicking in. I want all claimers to be punished. Not by me but  by mafia. The more townies claim, the more mafia will punish them. I’m really disappointed, however, that my favorite role, “Character Name Investigator” came out to announce he scanned Yuna. Curse you ninpie!

OMG I fucking hate ninpie!

Haven’t been following the game as much as I would like to but from what I’ve last check, prof caused a few name/roleclaims that will spell doom to the town.  He is thinking too highly of his thief ability while mafia have a whore, redirector, and busdriver. Disastrous on prof’s side.

So far day 2 is boring. No active scum hunting. Boring activity with no real discussion thanks to prof. Easily one of the most boring days I’ve hosted in a while.

Day 3

Mantle is right on the money with the passive janitor, except the janitor does know that it’s happening

Mantle is right on the money again with one big mafia faction based on the steady night kills.

Nen put all five scum in his list of 6, the only wrong one being F-F. That’s insane.

Everyone tosses Fos/HoS so meaninglessly. No one pursues any lynches or makes a case despite the fact that many FoSs are on scum. If your arguments and evidence are strong or at least there, take the initiative. Fos/HoSs have become a joke in mafia.

Anyone who knows me will know I would only put Erica or Catherine in this game because they are my favorites. Katherine is such a shitty claim (sorry smeags) because that character means nothing to me. I’m actually shocked that that went by unquestioned. Well nen and Prof know it’s a bullshit claim at least. But one’s already in the dead thread and the other is the SK.

Trucks Duke Nukem role was initially a 2 shot vigilante but I changed it for balancing reasons right before sending out PMs. His role is probably the only one that doesn’t match his character.

I really feel baalz pain with ninpie. I’m hosting and ninpie managed  to aggravate me. I would have probably went ape shit on that kid if I was in the game.

I think F-F is deliberately behaving scummy~ish to avoid night kills. I’m nervous for him because mafia are now going after the SK arsonist. They suspect him of being the SK. I’m also nervous because he has a VIG SHOT AND WENT TWO NIGHTS WITHOUT USING IT!!! He has balls. I would have used it already, but he gambled and it’s paying off because his suspects are narrowed into a smaller pool.

I started to ignore ninpie posts

Radish’s post about learning his lesson  was hilarious XD

Danne is one time bullet proof but is bluffing to have several . Nice bluff that will probably help him in the long run.

Ninpie does not have limitations on his investigations as he claims. I want to say he misunderstood his role but I really think is either retarded or deliberately acting more retarded.

Mantle figure out Radish was a jailkeeper. Again, he’s doing excellent for his first game.

Trucks nailed the arsonists ability and character. Prime/Ignite. EVE from Parasite Eve.

Moreno holding back. Briefly appears with briefer posts. Not his best game.

Linkz nicely blending in as the concerned town. He knows nen is the arsonist. He claims either nen or smeags is the SK, but smeags is his scum mate. I wonder if his mind will change as the day progresses. If not, he will end nen. Last thing he wants is a SK picking his faction off. I’d be surprised if he decides to kill anyone but nen tonite.

Smeags showing the newb mafia behavior that I’m so familiar with. Just like manuel last game. I’m really disappointed that he is not being pressured, harshly.

Wonk has a very interesting fakeclaim. And how suitable since there is in fact two SK. He also threw Radish’s  JK claim under fire with that one. Wonk strikes again!

I’m not particularly happy with mario’s play. Too much parroting for my taste. Too much obvious acting. Fabricated FoSs etc.  when radish and wonk were at it he fos’ed both of them *facepalm

Finally! Everyone agrees to ignore ninpie.

Trucks is right. All but 2 characters are either from my favorite game, or favorite characters.

Linkz claimed Chel from Portal. I’m not familiar with the game at all. I think I own portal 2 though. Lucky for him no one knows I haven’t the foggiest idea who chel is.

Nen is wrong. I don’t like or love samus or metroid for that matter. But I do like Zelda games.

Actually, Wonk choices for investigations are indeed piss poor as nen pointed out now that I think about it. He couldn’t have picked two worse players to target. 

Mantle strongly defending Radish, Linkz strongly calling for Radish’s neck. Both playing excellently and soundly.

Scum Wonk getting really close to his scumbuddy linkz  (buddying) that’s not advised generally in mafia, but no one is making the connection so I guess he’s safe. He also openly defended his scumbuudy Morn ion day one. Can’t really criticize him because he’s actually pulling it off without anyone questioning his actions.

Really disappointed in the lack of effort both Truck’s and F-F are putting in to look out for the interest of the town.  They are the veteran towns, yet they are letting the veteran scum Linkz manipulate and control the game so far.

Day 4

I can’t believe smeags got so far without being questioned as hardly for his overall poor game. It took til day 4 for something the average player  should eliminated by day 2.

Due to wonks final redirection, Linkz scanned town. What a well earned break.

Nen is relentless in his pursuit to lynch Linkz. Both scum

Good fakclaim by Mario:sensor. That should buy him the trust to save his scum team from two consecutive scum lynches, since smeags is the obvious lynch.

Fun fact: F-F’s PlumbBob was originally a sensor, but I later felt that was too strong of a weapon for town. I instead gave him a nerfed Jack of All Trades.

Mantle is reading way too into the flavor. Especially since I’m –for the most part- pretty straight forward with ‘em.

Stefl is being retarded. That is all. I have no other way to describe him.

Trucks very doubtful of his. He should be. He claimed in like his 5 th post of the game!

Nen doesn’t know the difference b/w busdriver and redirector -_-

hatmoza said:

"Ghost" Award- Awarded to least noticeable player, Insomniac
People ignored you, you ignored the game. When you did post, your posts went unnoticed. You weren't the most popular player but let's face it, you didn't make the effort either. However, your suspicious low activity did eventually draw the vigilante's and Scum's attention. The only thing you could have done to not win this award was to claim pro-town Janitor. Yeah, that wouldn't have worked well for you.

Haha. :P I can't deny the truth of that though.

I spent the first part of day 1 trying to figure out how I wanted to actually play. I knew my role was a bastard role and I'd be better off dead, so I was hoping to get killed by the mafia or an SK while avoiding a lynch (so the town wouldn't waste a day). I was debating the best way to do that, and I ultimately decided that I should be really thorough, to hopefully come across as protown. I didn't want to roleclaim janitor, since that's usually not a protown role. It also would have taken me off of the mafia's hit list because the role worked in their favor.

It worked out in the end, but that was more luck than anything I did. I was ready to go after Smeags and Wonk (mostly Wonk) for their replies to my questioning about Noctis's lynch, but I did get in an accident the next day and wasn't back until the day had ended.

I didn't actually ignore the game, but I sure wanted to after the first day. For my posts, I would go back and reread everything, and then link to a billion posts that either came across as odd to me or supported whatever point I was making. The problem was that as the first day dragged on, the thread got much too large to deal with, and I got sick of it... but I didn't want to suddenly change how I posted in the middle of the game. And it didn't help that my posts seemed to be basically ignored... though that's as much my fault as anyone's.

What did I learn from the game? Take notes and actually follow through with my suspicions. It's been a long two years since I played. :P