By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

DS - "I wasn't around for the last game... So this is a power heavy themed mafia game? goddamn..." Link. I want to take a closer look at this quote...

---

hatmoza (sign up thread) - "Not a vanilla mafia game (i.e not limited to basic roles) Roles: Power Heavy. Powers will not be based on a success %." Link.

hatmoza (game thread) - "Not a vanilla mafia game (i.e not limited to basic roles) Roles: Power Heavy. Powers will not be based on a success %." Link.

hatmoza - "Spurge was Modkilled -Alarmist-" Link.

-entire discussion about potential cult because of Alarmist role being revealed, starting with this post (page 1) and going on for many posts/pages-

linkz - "With 21 players to start, I'd say a third-party or two teams again is pretty likely." Link (page 2).

stefl claims to be a bodyguard (non vanilla role) in x posts. Link. Link. Link. Also quoted or mentioned here, here, here (quoted by DS), here.

DS - "Nono, I ASKED if there WERE different roles in the town! Big difference there bud. People are talking about mafia "strong men", and the towns "body guard" and stuff like that... And what's up with that cult thing you're talking about?! Where I come from we have Mafia and townies. Period. There's no 3rd party and shit... The townies are either ordinary townies, or the mayor (whom can ask the host if a player is mafia or townie) and then there's the doctor, whom can protect single townies during the night...

If you read my statement above it'll be quite obvious that I'm knew to all you're rules and 3rd parties n stuff - and therefore theres no wonder I'm confused all the time. First time playing online, and with really, really in depth analysis... I usually play while drunk with friends." Link.

prof, in reply to DS - "Third party is neither town nor mafia. He has his own win conditions which may be dependant or independant of the teams." Link.

This whole post...

DanneSandin said:
theprof00 said:
DanneSandin said:

For realz!? We have another out-of-towner lurking about, trying to destroy our peaceful (?!) town?? maaaan!

I'm glad you reacted that way, because in truth the usual third party is survivor, who wins with either side, same thing with the other usual third party, the serial killer. The survivor wins just as long as he makes it to the end of the game, no matter who wins. And the serial killer must completely win.

Your reaction, that is of thinking it's an anti-town, makes me think that you in fact did not receive a third party role, otherwise you would have put together what I was saying, since I spelled it out quite simply.

shitz, you can have a serial killer running around? He can kill too??

Link.

Noctis posts link to a mafia guide in reply to DS. Link. DS replies saying he will look through it. Link.

DS - "And then you got that lone gunslinger somewhere - if we got one in this game!" Link.

DS asks near the end of day one what an alarmist is, prof tells him to go back and check. Link. mantle then provided links to the mafiascum wiki, and two other locations, to which DS replied here.

I asked a few questions about this before, and DS replied. Link.

Trucks found DS suspicious for not realizing this was a power heavy game, and DS replied saying that he initially only thought there was cop/doctor/mafia/townies. Link.

hatmoza - "Rolstoppable was Janitored" Link.

Explanation of janitor role from mafiascum wiki posted by DS here.

linkz in reply to DS - "Since it's a power heavy game, it wouldn't be rare for town to get lucky and prevent mafia's kill night one." Link.

NinPie claims to be a second cop, and DS replies. Link. linkz posts a bit later with a link explaining what he thinks NinPie is roleclaiming (flavor cop). Link.

---

That brings us back to the initial quote. Now the reason why I went through the entire thread again to find all of these quotes is because that first quote bothered me. Here it is again...

DanneSandin said:
NintendoPie said:

How do you not follow?

Last Game, the Pokemon one, there was a theme (that seperated townie/scum), there might be an on-going theme that seperates scum/townie in this one, too. We could possibly find one if we link things together.

I wasn't around for the last game... So this is a power heavy themed mafia game? goddamn...

This part: "So this is a power heavy themed mafia game? goddamn..." confuses me. After all of those posts I referenced, Danne, did you really still not know that this was a power heavy game? It was specifically stated in the sign up thread and in the second post of this thread (see first two links), made by the game moderator.

Here's another quote...

DanneSandin said:
Oh, how I hope you live thru the next night NinPie =) I fear this outing was... too soon - but now we know that it's a themed game, and by the sound of radish Yuna was a good guy (erh, girl)

Source.

"but now we know that it's a themed game" ... Should we not have known this from the start of the game? At the very latest, by the time Spurge was modkilled it should have been apparent when his role was revealed to be Luigi/Alarmist.

In general, you have come across as unknowledgeable about mafia roles. And that's not necessarily bad, because there are a lot and for a player new to them, it can be a lot to take in. But there were multiple mentions that this game did include many power roles, and there were multiple posts containing links to locations where you can read up about all things mafia. You did say later that you read some after Day 1. And that's good. But then here during day 2, why did you seem surprised that this was a power heavy game?

You later explain that you confused roles/abilities; thinking that having an ability was not your role. This confuses me as well. Again, we knew that this game was not limited to basic roles from the beginning, since hatmoza said so in the OP. Next, what difference does it make if it is a role or ability? I don't understand how you confused the two and that led you to think this was not a power heavy game. If a townie had some sort of ability that is not a night activity, how is that different from being a named role? You seemed to think that a vanilla townie could have some sort of special ability, but that's what roles are.

What I would like for you to clarify is your confusion over roles versus abilities, and what you thought of hatmoza's statement at the start of the game (that this was not limited to basic roles, and that this was a power heavy game) while you were confused.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:

I'm asuming that the person who is Yuna is a regular townie, and that's why I don't want you to out that person - but I understand the way you're thinking here. And why do I asume Yuna is a townie? Cuz Yuna is a PROTAGONIST in FF, and my character is also a protagonist - therefore I asume Yuna is a goodie. I suggest you take a look at your own character and think about what I just said. Are YOU a protagonist? And if you are, are you a townie?

Protagonist character=townie?

Protagonists' are the ones who are the Main Characters, right?

If so, no. Not necessarily.

nen-suer said:
Don't know why Prof jumped the gun there with his claim.
I have to say I'm suspicious of the way he handled the who thing
And when he says that hat isn't answering his pm well that just felt like bad acting.

As I just said before this post, prof didn't jump the gun.

So you think he's mafia making it up when he'd eventually have to make good on his claim to be believed?

theprof00 said:
nen-suer said:

Yeah mafia could have  protagonist names as well. Other wise the  name cop will be a full fledged cop if thats the case.

OR, the name cop is mafia? Remember pokemon round the name cop was also mafia, and other mafia showed up as pokemon.

Possible, but the name cops in Pokemon were more like role cop. Just going off flips here, Luigi as Alarmist and Tails as Double Voter are not close to obvious links, so a name cop would be practically useless for mafia.

nen-suer said:

Linkzmax said:

Since outlaw is open to the guessing games, I would say he's a http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Universal_Backup and Rol was a http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Firefighter. It would be pretty odd to have both a Janitor and a role that immediately learns what the cleaned body was though. Also if that's the case, judging from the lack of a fire kill last night Rol either got lucky or the FF could be a herring like the Alarmist seems to be.

Dont know how you reached the UB for outlaw, but i did think that Rol was either FF or a poison doc, but sure what to think now that we didnt have

any such incidents last night.

I'm familiar with many roles from the mafiascum wiki, but I thought of UB because I was recently in a game with one. It's the first thing that came to mind reading outlaw's posts because it doesn't require an active ability and would likely not give him the power of anti-town. Of course he could be the janitor!!

We don't know that there wasn't a poisoning last night, as usually that isn't announced. However, in the FMA round, which was hosted by hat, he did announce it.

theprof00 said:
whew i am a grumpy mcgumprson today. Diablo 3 and up at 5am do not mix well.

Do you mean you were up too late playing? Because D3 has been such an excellent stress-reliever for me.

hatmoza said:

Rainbow Yoshi was Modkilled

Rainbow Yoshi was tails -Double Voter

Bah, now this couldn't have been a joke of a role. In fact it's easily confirmable, and far more often than not a town role, because mafia(or any non-town) are not supposed to interfere with town's lynch.

DanneSandin said:

I have to suspect prof at the moment: I kinda feel like he's twisting my words a but. Yes, I made one or two mistakes - and I didn't totally understand the game (with the roles/abilities) until recently. But he seems to be very eager to lynch me. Both you and Noctis have voted for me (and I'm quite surprised that Mario haven't voted for me yet), but none of you are going after me like he is. And I find it weird that he would have been blocked when he (probably) tried to motivate Truck. Either he's lying about his role OR Truck was bussed or Truck is the one lying.

It's possible that as mafia, Trucks is incapable of being motivated. However, it would be suicide of Trucks to lie if prof actually affected him somehow. If prof turns up dead(and not janitored) and was being honest about his role, Trucks would be lynched with the quickness.

radishhead said:
Well, I'm ready and back to do further analysis- I was thinking of doing it on DS, but he's not as suspicious to me now as he once was. My current list of potential mafia are Mantle, Wonk, Noctis and Moreno (possibly NinPie and Mario too)- and I've already done one on Moreno (not ready to vote for him yet). Does anyone have any preferences?

I'm pretty sure it is impossible for a Cop to be on Mafia.

Vote: Danne

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
radishhead said:
Well, I'm ready and back to do further analysis- I was thinking of doing it on DS, but he's not as suspicious to me now as he once was. My current list of potential mafia are Mantle, Wonk, Noctis and Moreno (possibly NinPie and Mario too)- and I've already done one on Moreno (not ready to vote for him yet). Does anyone have any preferences?

I do believe that a regular cop is never Mafia, since that would be useless for them. But there are mafia role cops. http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Role_Cop

insomniac17 said:
NintendoPie said:
radishhead said:

I do believe that a regular cop is never Mafia, since that would be useless for them. But there are mafia role cops. http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Role_Cop

Well, I was just called a Cop. I just think Hatz put limitations to my job. (i.e. only giving me Character Names and their respective Game Series.)

NintendoPie said:
radishhead said:

You're not a confirmed cop to me

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

radishhead said:
NintendoPie said:
radishhead said:

You're not a confirmed cop to me

Okay? Even though I have given sufficient info? I wouldn't just make up that Yuna thing.

NintendoPie said:
insomniac17 said:

Well, I was just called a Cop. I just think Hatz put limitations to my job. (i.e. only giving me Character Names and their respective Game Series.)

I believe you are claiming to be a flavor cop, which I believe someone stated earlier.