By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Final-Fan said:
1) YesterDay as the day ended I was really suspicious of mantle because of his interaction with TOS. As soon as TOS roleclaimed cop mantle wanted to know who he suspected, i.e. who he was likely to target for investigation; how that info becoming public help town at all? (Which makes me curious as to why TOS so blithely shared it.)

2) Then he attacked TOS, though he backed off when a strong defense was mounted.

ToDay, he asked who TOS found innocent and accepted TOS's reply that he didn't want to reveal that information. The way mantle accepted TOS's reply and spontaneously mentioned that TOS can simply stop the lynch if the innocent gets close to lynching toDay struck me as town, so I'm less suspicious of him now, but I'd still like to know why he asked the cop who his suspects were. It's not like the cop is more likely than anyone else to scumhunt well via posts; they just get to scumhunt by PMing the mod as well.

1) So you are saying I should just believe people when they say something? Trucks case was very strong, he accused of baalzamon of something that seemed like a very weird reason. It almost felt artificial which is why I pushed on him to reveal his suspects.

2) Yeah, I attacked TOS because I don't accept stuff just because someone said it.

3) I asked who TOS found innocent because I thought we could cross off people from our list of suspects. But then, thanks to something I did a day before, I thought it might be unneeded. Trucks revealing his info is not required which is why I didn't push for it.

If you see my first post of day 2, you will remember that I was suspicious of someone? What if trucks had investigated that guy and he turned out to be innocent? It would have saved us a lot of unnecessary confusion.

Around the Network

It was a nice try, but you seem to have forgotten your facts outlaw.

Wonktonodi said:
Final-Fan said:

But what if the one he investigated just happens to be a power role?  I bet then they wouldn't want to be confirmed.  Are you willing to take that risk?  Or would you rather be confirmed even if you were a power role? 

This isn't your little mason "cult" of last game. There won't be anyone else with the data ToS has if he is killed. If prof is right about there being a bus driver or role blocker (role bloker being more likely if no one comes forward with question for him) and one our protective roles already claimed there is a big risk that ToS won't be able to reveal if he doesn't do it today.

I don't think you understand my point, which may be my fault, so let me be more explicit. 

If someone is power, they usually want to use that power without drawing undue attention from the mafia.  That's why many players tend to play cautiously and even lurk when they're the doctor.  So it follows that someone wanting to get by and use their power as much as possible before the mafia go after them might be less than happy about a TOS stamp of approval, AKA huge flaming bullseye. 

You may disagree that TOS's silence is best for town despite that point -- Linkz does. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

theprof00 said:

Please explain?  You are inferring you watched him, but just earlier, you more or less stated your role was something else (unless I completely misinterpret what you are saying, in which case, please entertain me as to what this does mean).

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Final-Fan said:
Wonktonodi said:
Final-Fan said:

But what if the one he investigated just happens to be a power role?  I bet then they wouldn't want to be confirmed.  Are you willing to take that risk?  Or would you rather be confirmed even if you were a power role? 

This isn't your little mason "cult" of last game. There won't be anyone else with the data ToS has if he is killed. If prof is right about there being a bus driver or role blocker (role bloker being more likely if no one comes forward with question for him) and one our protective roles already claimed there is a big risk that ToS won't be able to reveal if he doesn't do it today.

I don't think you understand my point, which may be my fault, so let me be more explicit. 

If someone is power, they usually want to use that power without drawing undue attention from the mafia.  That's why many players tend to play cautiously and even lurk when they're the doctor.  So it follows that someone wanting to get by and use their power as much as possible before the mafia go after them might be less than happy about a TOS stamp of approval, AKA huge flaming bullseye. 

You may disagree that TOS's silence is best for town despite that point -- Linkz does. 

This is a power heavy game so I don't think someone being "confirmed" by ToS would put someone much more at risk than all these players claiming like crazy this game.

Yes some people like to play on the edge when they are a power but that can lead to the town not believing them when they do finally claim. ToS holding back also could easily be scum bying time.

If this was a low poered game yes it would make sence for ToS to keep quiet on town scans until the doc shows up or he has a good amount of townies he can confirm.

Around the Network
mantlepiecek said:
Final-Fan said:
1) YesterDay as the day ended I was really suspicious of mantle because of his interaction with TOS. As soon as TOS roleclaimed cop mantle wanted to know who he suspected, i.e. who he was likely to target for investigation; how that info becoming public help town at all? (Which makes me curious as to why TOS so blithely shared it.)

2) Then he attacked TOS, though he backed off when a strong defense was mounted.

ToDay, he asked who TOS found innocent and accepted TOS's reply that he didn't want to reveal that information. The way mantle accepted TOS's reply and spontaneously mentioned that TOS can simply stop the lynch if the innocent gets close to lynching toDay struck me as town, so I'm less suspicious of him now, but I'd still like to know why he asked the cop who his suspects were. It's not like the cop is more likely than anyone else to scumhunt well via posts; they just get to scumhunt by PMing the mod as well.

1) So you are saying I should just believe people when they say something? Trucks case was very strong, he accused of baalzamon of something that seemed like a very weird reason. It almost felt artificial which is why I pushed on him to reveal his suspects.

2) Yeah, I attacked TOS because I don't accept stuff just because someone said it.

3) I asked who TOS found innocent because I thought we could cross off people from our list of suspects. But then, thanks to something I did a day before, I thought it might be unneeded. Trucks revealing his info is not required which is why I didn't push for it.

If you see my first post of day 2, you will remember that I was suspicious of someone? What if trucks had investigated that guy and he turned out to be innocent? It would have saved us a lot of unnecessary confusion.

1.  It has nothing to do with believing or disbelieving TOS's claim, it has to do with why did you immediately ask for a suspect list from someone who just claimed cop?  I don't see why you would want to do that.  (See my above post for details.) 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

TruckOSaurus said:
Heads up for everyone. I'm going to be gone tomorrow and most of the weekend. I'm guessing Day Two should still be going on when I return.

I'd complain but I will be heading out of town myself.

Final-Fan said:
mantlepiecek said:
Final-Fan said:

1.  It has nothing to do with believing or disbelieving TOS's claim, it has to do with why did you immediately ask for a suspect list from someone who just claimed cop?  I don't see why you would want to do that.  (See my above post for details.) 

Because I didn't believe his claims at first. Anybody can claim "I am the cop". I thought cross-questioning him might help us.

If you observe I asked that same question to a lot of people to get their point of view on where others stand. It's got nothing to do with trucks being a cop.

Ultimately, it shouldn't matter at all, because

1) We still don't know who he investigated.

2) We still don't know for sure if he told the truth today. Although personally, I think he is.

3) And nobody is in any danger. Except for the ones that roleclaimed.

I am very surprised at ninpie roleclaiming this early. In my opinion he should have waited.

Baalzamon said:
theprof00 said:

Please explain?  You are inferring you watched him, but just earlier, you more or less stated your role was something else (unless I completely misinterpret what you are saying, in which case, please entertain me as to what this does mean).

No I was not inferring that at all, but I'm quite interested in what you think I seem to be saying. Granted, saying it out in the open doesn't appear as shady as not commenting about it at all. For instance, only scum pretend to not have seen a claim.

I remembered yesterday that Rol also mentioned fire, so I went back and re-read it.

He was referencing pandoras tower, and mentioned the word "antidote". However, in reference to outlaw, Rol mentioned, burned,poisoned, and paralyzed.

Now, I find there are two possible options.

A) Outlaw is the anti-janitor.
B) Outlaw is pretending to be the anti-janitor.

theprof00 said:
Baalzamon said:
theprof00 said:

No I was not inferring that at all, but I'm quite interested in what you think I seem to be saying. Granted, saying it out in the open doesn't appear as shady as not commenting about it at all. For instance, only scum pretend to not have seen a claim.

I remembered yesterday that Rol also mentioned fire, so I went back and re-read it.

He was referencing pandoras tower, and mentioned the word "antidote". However, in reference to outlaw, Rol mentioned, burned,poisoned, and paralyzed.

Now, I find there are two possible options.

A) Outlaw is the anti-janitor.
B) Outlaw is pretending to be the anti-janitor.

Can you post a link to that post?