By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 39 - Resonance of Fate Arena

theprof00 said:
Stefl1504 said:
theprof00 said:
It does say item claims won't be punished in any way. I would like to write it word for word if I'm allowed.

That rule is already pretty specific...

The question is, is this an item claim or a pm quote?

Itemclaim

Around the Network

"The one who kills will get the possibility to pick up the item his target held at the moment of his strike."

Then the back:

"Trucks"

RolStoppable said:
theprof00 said:
"The one who kills will get the possibility to pick up the item his target held at the moment of his strike."

Then the back:

"Trucks"

Okay.

So which part of this message leaves a door open for Trucks to be town?

Perhaps he was a target...

spurgeonryan said:
NoCtis it was just worded properly. For all I know it will got to the pool of items. Why do you ask? If you survive the lynch are you gonna take it from me? :)

Seriously why do you ask? I mostly answered one of your questions, your turn.

Because I want some clarities because I saw some contradiction to your words. Plain and simple.

RolStoppable said:
theprof00 said:
RolStoppable said:

Okay.

How does this target thing actually work? The mafia decides on a victim at Night and lets the moderator know, then the moderator lets a person who has insight (in this case you) know who was targeted. Additionally, there could be a killer on top of the mafia or two mafia factions.

What we do know though is that one person died last Night and that noctis was protected by spurge, if we trust this mad man. So in case that trucks was a target, wouldn't that mean that we have another doctor?

There's other roles that target players like Watcher, Tracker, Reporter, Lie Detector, etc...

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
theprof00 said:
RolStoppable said:

Okay.

How does this target thing actually work? The mafia decides on a victim at Night and lets the moderator know, then the moderator lets a person who has insight (in this case you) know who was targeted. Additionally, there could be a killer on top of the mafia or two mafia factions.

What we do know though is that one person died last Night and that noctis was protected by spurge, if we trust this mad man. So in case that trucks was a target, wouldn't that mean that we have another doctor?

Hmmm I did get this message shortly before the day started... but I received confirmation that I ate the cookie much earlier.

RolStoppable said:
theprof00 said:
RolStoppable said:

Hmmm I did get this message shortly before the day started... but I received confirmation that I ate the cookie much earlier.

Which would mean that the moderator needed to wait until killer and victim were confirmed. Since trucks is alive, it rules out him being the target.

trucks says there are other roles that target players, but your cookie was talking about killing. I think it's very unlikely that the front and back of your cookie were refering to two completely different and unrelated contexts.

Agreed, but I will say again that is is called metagaming. Deciphering what so and so thought or what a mod would do or things of that nature is extremely risky. Without knowing the exact nature of the word, it's almost useless. For example, I specifically took it to mean that Trucks was scum. I took what was written literally and expected it to be trucks as the killer. However, granted that there is a cop, it's likely that it was not telling me specifically that. He's flat out refused on every count, and his story is straight about the items.

The best one could do with it, is to use it as a lead. It's a note to look more in depthly at someone's actions until more information arises, not to decide what the mod is saying to justify a lynch.

FoS Rol

nen-suer said:

I feel you man.

Completely off-topic.

Thank you and I have new anime to watch.  That made me laugh. XD

RolStoppable said:
theprof00 said:

Agreed, but I will say again that is is called metagaming. Deciphering what so and so thought or what a mod would do or things of that nature is extremely risky. Without knowing the exact nature of the word, it's almost useless. For example, I specifically took it to mean that Trucks was scum. I took what was written literally and expected it to be trucks as the killer. However, granted that there is a cop, it's likely that it was not telling me specifically that. He's flat out refused on every count, and his story is straight about the items.

The best one could do with it, is to use it as a lead. It's a note to look more in depthly at someone's actions until more information arises, not to decide what the mod is saying to justify a lynch.

FoS Rol

What's "FoS"? And while you are at it, spell out "EBWOP".

FoS: Finger of Suspicion

HoS: Hand of Suspicion

ToS: TruckOSaurus

EBWOP: Edit by way of post

MYLO: Mislynch and lose
LYLO: Lynch or lose

WIFOM: Wine in front of me

RolStoppable said:
theprof00 said:

FoS: Finger of Suspicion

HoS: Hand of Suspicion

ToS: TruckOSaurus

EBWOP: Edit by way of post

MYLO: Mislynch and lose
LYLO: Lynch or lose

WIFOM: Wine in front of me

So you suspect me. I think you are just a little bit grumpy today, because the Vita won't get Monster Hunter.

I wish you the best of luck in not buying any Capcom games anymore.

I'll still buy them...just used of course.

Back on topic, I just think we need to reevaluate progress made so far, not focus on which one of us to lynch.

If anything, I want to look at nen and radish, but since I'm at work, don't really have time to do a thorough re-read.