By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 39 - Resonance of Fate Arena

The best thing you can do right now is join me in asking everyone who they suspect and why.

See, the reason day 1 always gets drawn out is because on the first day, mafia shouldn't be talking to one another, and therefore, are unable to formulate a plan. Questioning people resolves the mafia to stick with the theories they hold. It also helps in the sense that it becomes harder for them to fake an item claim down the line.

This helps to disrupt the mafia so that they can't really try anything funny later on. Especially if there are some noobs on the mafia team. A noob will usually try to wait out the day not saying much until they can group up later with a plan, and also so that they don't make townie enemies.
For that reason, mafia will tend to accuse one another on day 1.

A lot of mafia strategy involves getting players to their side. That is done by being on fellow mafia lynches on day 1, when seemingly they could have prevented it (see earlier), by not accusing to many townies, and in retrospect (on day 4 or 5), being able to say, "see, I went after X on day 1 and 2, and he was mafia (you can trust me)", etc. etc..

So, some kind of recap about day accusations and distrust would be good.
Please all players check in regarding your thoughts about the day so far.

Town, keep an eye out for people who don't check in.They're not definitely mafia, but they're a good lead to start with on day 2.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
theprof00 said:

Quite the opposite, I'm expecting that post to be a reason why I'm left alone. I'll explain later.

Of course. They will leave you alone, because you have the remaining two of them on the list of people you trust to an extent.

How long does Night last in real time?

I will end nighttime when either all actions are handed in or a reasonable amount of time has passed (a little bit more than 24 hours, wahahahaha^^), I will try not to impose a timelimit on night, but I also don't want the game to be stalled to long, so I will probably decide spontaniously when it is time to let it dawn^^

morenoingrato said:
"Dont focus on who was "right" about a lynch. Focus on the arguments"

Insecurity?

haha, nope. But it is typical for mafia to take votes off of a mislynch, see the "see I was right" strategy.

Additionally, if and when you flip scum, mafia will surely have votes on you.

So either way, you just can't look at lynches as being a good determinant of alignment.

RolStoppable said:
spurgeonryan said:
Well linkz always seems to be a night poster. Do not know Mario enough to say.

As for your unvote....Maybe he has persuaded you to unvote him in the mafia off topic thread? Just interesting that you would unvote for the reason that you said.

What is this mafia off-topic thread?

Where do you think the mafia are talking about us now?

RolStoppable said:
theprof00 said:

Quite the opposite, I'm expecting that post to be a reason why I'm left alone. I'll explain later.

Of course. They will leave you alone, because you have the remaining two of them on the list of people you trust to an extent.

How long does Night last in real time?

Is that the case? :D

you have so much to learn rol, but I think you can be a pro pretty quickly if you keep playing.

Around the Network
morenoingrato said:
"Dont focus on who was "right" about a lynch. Focus on the arguments"

Insecurity?

L-1 and still no defense.

Who do you suspect? Who looks shady?

It's your final moments and you can't be bothered (as town) to contribute?

"haha, nope. But it is typical for mafia to take votes off of a mislynch, see the
"see I was right" strategy."

I knew it. You find this as a pretty likely mis-lynch.

theprof00 said:
Cowards die in shame.

Also, everyone remember to reread the thread at some point during day 2.
Dont focus on who was "right" about a lynch. Focus on the arguments.
If im gone know that the people i trust to an extent arr noname, mario, radish, spurge, and ff.
People im on the fence with are rol and linkz.
People i slightly distrust, nen,noc and trucks.

I used to feel pretty good about prof, but then I noticed he was a pirate. 

I think it's well known how I feel about moreno.  I will be reconsidering what I think of spurge tomorrow; I often reevaluate my standings each dawn. 

noname and Rol are fun but who knows about their alignment.  Linkz is meh.  radish is fine.  I've got my eye on SM128. 

I'm actually not crazy about giving the mafia a bunch of new information to act on going into the night, so don't overthink this one, people who answer prof's call.  Just a few thoughts is fine. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

RolStoppable said:
theprof00 said:
RolStoppable said:

What is this mafia off-topic thread?

Where do you think the mafia are talking about us now?

This is... confusing. Just a couple of minutes ago in another post you said that the mafia shouldn't be talking to each other on the first Day, implying that they only can plot strategies at Night.

I was trying to catch you in a slip-up :D

Usually they only talk at night, but lately (and probably the reason why mafia are doing so well recently) they've been allowed to talk during the day.

Had you been in the mafia chat and allowed to talk during the day, you might've said something like "this is confusing etc etc etc, perhaps they can talk during the day", but your confusion would tell me that in the case you are mafia, mafia can only talk at night. This doesn't seem very useful, but if you eventually flip mafia, it will help us understand the mafia a bit better.

Final-Fan said:
theprof00 said:
Cowards die in shame.

Also, everyone remember to reread the thread at some point during day 2.
Dont focus on who was "right" about a lynch. Focus on the arguments.
If im gone know that the people i trust to an extent arr noname, mario, radish, spurge, and ff.
People im on the fence with are rol and linkz.
People i slightly distrust, nen,noc and trucks.

I used to feel pretty good about prof, but then I noticed he was a pirate. 

I think it's well known how I feel about moreno.  I will be reconsidering what I think of spurge tomorrow; I often reevaluate my standings each dawn. 

noname and Rol are fun but who knows about their alignment.  Linkz is meh.  radish is fine.  I've got my eye on SM128. 

I'm actually not crazy about giving the mafia a bunch of new information to act on going into the night, so don't overthink this one, people who answer prof's call.  Just a few thoughts is fine. 

*Checks PM* Nope, not a pirate.