By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 39 - Resonance of Fate Arena

Hmm thanks for that noname.
I notice that the two that increased the most after the provocation were ff and noc.

Moreno and spurge were responding to accusations, hence the increased activity.
And myself, well, I always post a lot anyway.
Rol was new at the first point, so I don't count his discrepancy much.

I'm going to try to go back and see but I'd like to see what spurred nocs and ffs increased activity.

Around the Network

I don't see how lynching lurkers will ever help the town. What we should do instead is get those lurkers to talk more. While some mafia members will actively lurk, I don't think most are "stupid" enough to intentionally do so. It will just make them look too suspicious to everyone. That being said, we don't have anyone that is "lurking" anymore and I'm not that suspicious of Moreniongrato. Before defending himself he seemed to be playing like "Falcon095" in past games where he would always lurk. It is just what he did. :P

Also, Rol's voting seems to be very erratic. Not sure if even he knows who he is suspicious of since it changes all the time. lol

theprof00 said:
People who defended him:
supermario. During the whole vetteman thing, he commented that it is likely that spurge was simply not paying attention, rather than being mafia. Didn't comment on the supposed "lie" about him playing along. No read from this.
IMO, supermario is akin to wonk in his town-stubbornness. I feel pretty good about sm128 as well.

Yup, in my opinion I think Spurge just wasn't paying attention, but I also said the same thing about Radish. I don't see how that is defending them when I was the one who brought up the criticism against them, unless you really stretch the meaning of "defending". Of course, I could be wrong about both of them; for all I know they could both be mafia.

noname2200 said:

That's exactly what he doesn't not want you to have undone.

noname2200 said

Mario: 3

In my defense... All these posts took place while I was at school and then at work. I usually am online later at night, so I won't be posting much during the day. Plus, I try to combine all my thoughts into one post as opposed to many posts so that number is a little misleading.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

I remember Falcon095 too, but Falcon's lurking seemed more benign somehow.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

supermario128 said:
Linkzmax said:

If anyone truly believes I'm scum, then my simple denial shouldn't sway them.

Yet, you still won't deny it.

I'm not scum, I'm the pope.

radishhead said:
Wait, people voted for me because I said that I didn't want a lynch day 1? That's my default stance every round, and you guys know that- it doesn't mean that I'm not willing to vote for others if it looks like they're suspicious

Who voted you for that? Certainly not me.

Around the Network

theprof00 said:

The one thing is that interaction they[noname and I] had where they snipped at each other. That made me feel really uneasy, like it was a fake argument.

Well spotted! There was no argument on my end, I combated repeating myself needlessly with non-serious mockery.

spurgeonryan said:

You are playing way differently than usual. I know I have mentioned this before, not about you, but just a mention. You seem like you care little which side wins. Are you a 3rd party player? Or are you just employing some sort of strange strategy?

Lots of going on's today. Any comment on any of that before you get to my bogus question to you above?

Yes, I'm playing differently. No, I want town to win because then I win too, so yes I'm employing some sort of strange strategy.

I'm reading through the happenings now, so I'll comment on whatever strikes me as I get through it.

RolStoppable said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:

I like your post. With the time limit and Rad has the majority of the vote there is a high chance the we have a lynch because people that voted for him will not have a chance to unvote if they are not around. 

Anyway, the same can be said for the people who wants a time limit. They want to end the day with a player that has the majority of the vote and hoping that other players won't make it in time to unvote and  excited to end the day so that can use their abilty to kill a townie and  very excited to have a strategy meeting at night time.

Well, I am assuming that everyone who signed up for this game has enough time to check out the game thread at least once a day, so a time limit of 24 hours can't have devastating effects on the strategies of non-mafia guys, unless some of the townies go crazy on their own. The mafia is the only faction that can benefit from an unlimited first Day, because it gives them more time to spread FUD that eventually leads to a lynch.

Speaking from experience in the last game, it can be incredibly difficult to get a lynch without a time limit. Most players are too worried about being wrong and the grave consequences of a mislynch to take the risk of doing what needs to be done in order to lynch mafia. And more time spreading FUD leads back to them looking suspicious when it's all exposed as false.

morenoingrato said:
To be fair, I only voted time limit because a day one lynch is always a mis-lynch. And there is nothing solid to go by. Voting for someone who asked for a no lynch? Asking for a no lynch in day one is perfectly justified.

This is absolutely false.

What are votals at, anyone?