By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 39 - Resonance of Fate Arena

Can someone make a list of people who stayed out of "spurge-gate". ie; I'm looking for people who didn't press him on his comments about his role. They can have participated in questioning him, but a good list would be:

People who stopped pushing at his first mention of role
another list for:
People who never commented in the first place
another list for:
People who didn't vote for him, or place suspicion on him
another for:
People who defended him.

Basically, to boil it down, anyone who might have looked at spurge as an item.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
theprof00 said:

lol, I'm very very rarely lynched.

Is that something to be proud of? I cannot say that I understand how this game is best played, but I assume that the mafia would take out the most difficult townies, the ones who are most likely to expose them, sooner rather than later. So either you happened to be one of the mafia guys most of the time or you simply aren't perceived as a real threat when you have the role of a towny.

I'm usually killed at night early on.

RolStoppable said:
theprof00 said:
RolStoppable said:

Is that something to be proud of? I cannot say that I understand how this game is best played, but I assume that the mafia would take out the most difficult townies, the ones who are most likely to expose them, sooner rather than later. So either you happened to be one of the mafia guys most of the time or you simply aren't perceived as a real threat when you have the role of a towny.

I'm usually killed at night early on.

Yup, that thought just crossed my mind, see my edit. That's something to be proud of then.

:D PS: Don't edit your posts!

It's against the rules, silly.

Also, I didn't notice an edit.

Good... now I haven't seen anything...

EDIT:

Actually I am fine as long as its obvious what has been changed (like spelling that then is mentioned in an edit-marker), but if you want to change a whole sentence (or more than a word) you should use a new post with the ebwop-marker :D I am sure prof is willing to demonstrate you ;P

Around the Network

Hmm, so I made the list:
People who were questioning spurge:
noc, linkz, ff, noname
People who continued after he dropped a hint:
noc ff
People who continued after a half-claim
ff (to a lesser extent noc, who only made an antagonizing post)
People who demonstrably backed off:
Not really anyone.

This makes me feel pretty good about ff
Linkz seemed to turn his attention away to someone else (Radish). While not really indicative of anything, it does point out that he noticed the item claim and figured it out, much as I did.

People who defended him:
supermario. During the whole vetteman thing, he commented that it is likely that spurge was simply not paying attention, rather than being mafia. Didn't comment on the supposed "lie" about him playing along. No read from this.
IMO, supermario is akin to wonk in his town-stubbornness. I feel pretty good about sm128 as well.

There are some other I feel really good about, but I'm not going to mention who they are.

theprof00 said:
Can someone make a list of people who stayed out of "spurge-gate". ie; I'm looking for people who didn't press him on his comments about his role. They can have participated in questioning him, but a good list would be:

People who stopped pushing at his first mention of role
another list for:
People who never commented in the first place
another list for:
People who didn't vote for him, or place suspicion on him
another for:
People who defended him.

Basically, to boil it down, anyone who might have looked at spurge as an item.

That's a pretty tall order... not one I'm willing to fulfill right now but I'll provide you with my thoughts on spurgeonryan.

In the sign-up thread (or the dead thread from the previous game) he mentionned that he had found a sure fire way of outing me as scum and since the game started he's been making posts trying to cast suspicion on me [post] [post]. Basically, he's seeing what he wants to see, the accusation themselves are weak and baseless but the important thing in all of this is that I don't believe scum-spurge would try to do something like this, add to that that his erratic behavior is consistant with how he acted in all of his games and that gives me a town-read on him.

Signature goes here!

spurgeonryan said:
Long story short, no matter what item I have or what role I play the Prof is going to throw me to the wolves and see who pounces first tonight! If that happens I hope that it is a big time mafia guy that I help take down!

LOL

All in all, I don't expect there to be any activity at Mr. Ryan's house tonight. You are too much in the spotlight.

@Whoever quoted me:

it's better to have a time limit and have some sort of progress during night than dragging along forever.

RolStoppable said:
theprof00 said:
Hmm, so I made the list:
People who were questioning spurge:
noc, linkz, ff, noname
People who continued after he dropped a hint:
noc ff
People who continued after a half-claim
ff (to a lesser extent noc, who only made an antagonizing post)
People who demonstrably backed off:
Not really anyone.

This makes me feel pretty good about ff
Linkz seemed to turn his attention away to someone else (Radish). While not really indicative of anything, it does point out that he noticed the item claim and figured it out, much as I did.

People who defended him:
supermario. During the whole vetteman thing, he commented that it is likely that spurge was simply not paying attention, rather than being mafia. Didn't comment on the supposed "lie" about him playing along. No read from this.
IMO, supermario is akin to wonk in his town-stubbornness. I feel pretty good about sm128 as well.

There are some other I feel really good about, but I'm not going to mention who they are.

I think linkzmax, noname2200 and spurgeonryan are the mafia. Based on what I've seen so far, it makes the most sense.

Then again, I haven't read any previous mafia game threads, so I have no idea how people usually behave.

That's an interesting assessment.

I have a strong feeling that one of Linkz/noname is mafia, and very possibly both are.

However, I'm not getting the feeling I usually have about Linkz. Last game I picked him out almost immediately, but he never dropped enough evidence to be lynchable. However, noname being on his team (or trucks) could give him a sense of grounding.

Noname is an extremely hard player to read since he almost always just posts the facts. I have to admit, early on I felt he was town simply due to his interaction with me; ie, the jokiness/carelessness felt like discussion-creating material.

The one thing is that interaction they had where they snipped at each other. That made me feel really uneasy, like it was a fake argument.

As for spurge, well...., at this point it's too reckless to do anything with him. He should be given some time to earn his worth with his so-called helpful item.