By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 39 - Resonance of Fate Arena

nen-suer said:
TruckOSaurus said:
nen-suer said:
spurgeonryan said:
Well since the game has been going for a bit now I would check his profile to see when he last checked in. Give him 2-3 days in the meat world to show up. Because as we know from last game the first day can last forever1

And here i thought you were helping me mess with radish's head >_> 

FoS: for not knowing the players list (radish gets a pass but not you)

So you're saying that you brought up Vetteman just to mess with radishhead. While that's possible, I can't help but think you're the up who messed up by thinking Vette was in this game and you're trying to make it seem like it wasn't a slip up after all.

Not sure if serious! plz don't tell me you actually fell for it too when you read that post lol.

Anywho in case you are being serious (and let me pause here for a second) read my reply to radish after that.

My reaction to your post was "I don't remember Vetteman signing up for this game, I'll have to check on that" then I read the rest of the exchange and when prof set you guys straight I knew my recollection was right.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
@ Trucks

Your madonna avatar intimidates me.

Good, maybe it'll keep you from saying things like I disappeared when I made it clear I wasn't going to be around for the weekend.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
radishhead said:
I haven't broken any promise - I have genuinely read every message that has been posted in this game so far, which is really quite an impressive feat for me. Just because I got confused about the Vette thing, doesn't mean that I didnt' read the other messages- other people got confused too :S I wouldn't break my promise this early (nor will I at all this game); it's time for the New Radishhead :D

I feel like I've heard this before, so many games ago. Let it be true this time.

I feel that I did make improvements in my "new radishhead" game ages ago, but I'm fixing all the final holes now so that I can become one of the great Mafia players!

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

radishhead said:
TruckOSaurus said:

I feel like I've heard this before, so many games ago. Let it be true this time.

I feel that I did make improvements in my "new radishhead" game ages ago, but I'm fixing all the final holes now so that I can become one of the great Mafia players!

Riiight!! Just like last round when you are just good for a hammer vote.

spurgeonryan said:
TruckOSaurus said:
spurgeonryan said:
@ Trucks

Your madonna avatar intimidates me.

Good, maybe it'll keep you from saying things like I disappeared when I made it clear I wasn't going to be around for the weekend.

Well...Mario said it first, I just jumped on the bandwagon. Which raises the question, why did he not know you were going on hiatus? Or did he?

Look, spurge, "someone else made the mistake first" doesn't excuse you from all responsibility.  I mean, it's one thing if someone says "This guy posted X and it's super suspicious" and you say "yeah it is", but if it turns out the person was lying or just wrong, that isn't necessarily a free pass for you, especially if you jumped on the bandwagon super hard and added your own embellishments.  And I love how you tried to turn it around and cast suspicion on someone else, drawing attention away from yourself.  You've done it several times now and I'm noticing a pattern. 

And for the record, I am calling bullshit on your story "I was just playing along with nen".  You may be participating well -- better than me -- but that doesn't mean I'm going to ignore the feeling I have that you're scum. 

Vote spurgeonryan

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
Alright guys, I'd like to call a time out. The following is not intended to have any relation to my role in this game, and any response to this interruption shouldn't be read in light of the game either.

So we've been "playing" for over three days now, roughly 80 hours. In that time, we have collectively amassed exactly 150 posts as of this one, broken down as follows: [...]

Only three of the twelve players have posted more than the moderator. Five of the twelve players have posted as much as or less than a non-player (Rol). On average, somebody, player or not, posts in this thread less than once every half hour. We just went 18 hours with no one saying a word, and the game's just started.

So, erm...what's up? I know it's the weekend, but are we thinking things are going to get better anytime soon?

I have a few proposals. First, that we vote for that time limit. If we go with this one, we can bring it up later, since again I'd like this to be a complete time out, whereas the time limit is built into the rules.

Second idea, we institute a rule change. This game is based on items, with every player having the ability to possess and use items during the Night phase. So let's institute a rule that you can not use whatever item you hold unless you post at least an average of X times a day. That can be "day" or "Day," depending on what folks want, although I favor little d, for pacing reasons. To go along with this, the mafia can not murder at night unless all of its members average that X number of posts. I think this change will prove beneficial.

Third idea, we keep puttering about, saying little and doing nothing, until the impending apathy calcifies completely and we repay Stefl's hosting generosity by blowing him off. For the record, I don't like this plan.

Fourth idea: insert your own proposal here. Open forum, go nuts.

Thoughts?

"To go along with this, the mafia can not murder at night unless all of its members average that X number of posts. I think this change will prove beneficial."

BAD IDEA
REALLY BAD IDEA
Any day we find out the mafia had a kill last night, oops, I guess that means all the lurkers get a free pass.  Surely they won't interpret that as an excuse to coast even more through the rest of the game.    (I find it almost hard to believe you didn't spot that massive flaw in your plan, but I will refrain from forming conspiracy theories for now.) 

I also forsee your little-d post requirement producing lots and lots of "check-in" posts, which might be of some value by themselves, and might increase participation just because they might decide to participate for real once they got here to check in, but the signal-to-noise ratio would become pretty terrible IMO.  It is very possible to have a Mafia game with too many posts; I don't know if you were playing in the mega-games we had for a while, but a lot of people had trouble keeping up. 

On another note, I still don't like time limits in general, but I guess I'd vote for one if we hit another dead zone.  Right now, though, I think things are putting along acceptably. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

spurgeonryan said:
Final Fan are you saying that if Franken does not show up again soon you will just vote for him? Or will you ask the mod to get rid of her/him?

I had been thinking of voting him, since I didn't have anyone I really wanted to lynch on Day 1, but since I do (you), I'd like a modkill instead. 

MOD STEFL1504, PLEASE POKE FRANKENFRAN.  IF THERE IS NO REPONSE IN A REASONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME I WOULD LIKE A REPLACEMENT OR MODKILL.  Thank you. 

Final-Fan said:
spurgeonryan said:
Final Fan are you saying that if Franken does not show up again soon you will just vote for him? Or will you ask the mod to get rid of her/him?

I had been thinking of voting him, since I didn't have anyone I really wanted to lynch on Day 1, but since I do (you), I'd like a modkill instead. 

MOD STEFL1504, PLEASE POKE FRANKENFRAN.  IF THERE IS NO REPONSE IN A REASONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME I WOULD LIKE A REPLACEMENT OR MODKILL.  Thank you. 

I will poke as asked, but if he does not react I won't modkill him if there is no replacement for him.

spurgeonryan said:

Well...Mario said it first, I just jumped on the bandwagon. Which raises the question, why did he not know you were going on hiatus? Or did he?

Hmm? My reason for him being suspicious was that his votes seem to be "going with the flow". When there were votes on prof he voted for prof. When there were votes for Radish he voted for Radish. He might be trying to lay low in that sense. I knew he wasn't going to be on over the weekend, just like he said. Maybe you should go back and interpret what I said differently.

Linkzmax said:

Just wanted to point out how awesome it would be if this was true.

Interestingly enough, you didn't deny the fact that it could be true. You should have added "...if this was true, but it's not." or something similar. :P

Final-Fan said:

I would also like to try and get him to post more before we do anything drastic. Modkilling him "could" just give the mafia a free kill and we don't want that. If he doesn't post within a reasonable amount of time we should get a replacement instead of the usual modkill.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

spurgeonryan said:

1. Well you will also notice that I have never been scum, and you and everyone have been dead ass wrong about me before. So like usual you made something out of nothing and are wrong yet again.

2. Town probably will want the tool that I have so you may want to take off your laughable vote on me without even discussing about or asking me any questions so hastily. Lol, I think you are scum spurgeonryan because I do not believe a story about some player who is not even here. Instant Vote! That is what you just did out of nowhere Mr. Fan.

You mostly lurk for days, and then just come out swinging. That is something a mafia player would do. Hit them when they are not looking. Interesting strategy.

1. That is a bad defense Mr. Ryan.  The odds of you being a scum is kinda big isn't it? I mean, You have yet to be a scum and obviously you will be a scum eventually. 

2. No comment.

Anyway, instead of retracting his statements against you. You are being so defensive that you are not addressing his accusation over you. You are changing the topic and the 1st paragraph is the best you can offer? That he is wrong in voting you because you have yet to be a scum?

Since you are now talking again. 

NoCtiS_NoX said:

spurgeonryan said:

At noctis

1. Not any push for a role claim, just seeing if anyone wanted to.

2. Also noctis, leave it to stefl to make a 3rd party. So full of tricks this guy is.

1. Why? Day 1 you want someone claiming? 

2. Huh!? What are you talking about? If there is a 3rd or not it's already been set before the game start.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4492243

Can you please answer these?