By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 39 - Resonance of Fate Arena

theprof00 said:
Yes, there IS no need to rush. You and noname are the ones with votes out there.

I'd like to hear from everyone too and our townies aren't helping us out any by being constantly absent.

Noname voted for Linkz.
You (Prof) voted for Radish.
Spurge voted for you (Prof).

That is where we currently stand. I never voted yet...

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network

You're missing Noctis's vote on radish.

Why the heck would you protect me?

ah my bad, I thought there were two on linkz.

spurgeonryan said:
Sorry. Watching a horrible doctor who with the bad guy from Gone in 60 seconds.

Had a weird thing happen last night. Went to protect noname, when stefl said he was already protected. Then I said I would protect linkz. He then explained that everything was good to go and I could just protect noname.

Just all kind of strange.

Are you sure your brain didn't shut off and stefl simply meant "it's already done" as if to say he's doing it immediately?

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Nope. He said I have already protected noname.

Meaning what?

spurgeonryan said:
Sorry. Watching a horrible doctor who with the bad guy from Gone in 60 seconds.

Had a weird thing happen last night. Went to protect noname, when stefl said he was already protected. Then I said I would protect linkz. He then explained that everything was good to go and I could just protect noname.

Just all kind of strange.

spurgeonryan said:
Nope. He said I have already protected noname.

Saying "he was already protected" is different from saying, "YOU have already protected noname"

One implies that someone else is protecting him, and the other is implying that you can only protect someone once.

Try to get your shit together.

Maybe Stefl intended to only allow each player protection once, or he screwed up with the stunning stuff.
I was still a horrible choice to doctor.

spurgeonryan said:
Well I am not at my computer, so going back and forth is hard to check each a message, come back, then go there, etc. Mario was Waiting for more people to check in so I did. I said it was weird you God damnedest person.

Auto correct made that sound less angry.

Like this post. Who are you even talking to?

Me or Linkz?

What does checking each message have to do with you being able to convey your thoughts properly? You knew what you were trying to say, that stefl said "YOU already protected him", but your post to us was "HE was already protected".

This is called passive phrasing, and it's a very big no-no. I believe it was during the reagan administration when he said "mistakes were made" instead of "I made mistakes". So, there's your lesson for the day. Be clear in what you are saying.