By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 v 360: which console has the best online competition for COD

recently i had a discussion with a friend of mine concerning the purchase of  a PS3.

somehow the topic progressed into which console had the better competition. his statement:

" the COD competition is better on the 360"  my rebuttal "the competition sucks on both systems"  his comeback  "you just haven't played against the right people yet"  and my response  "the same could be said for you on the PS3".

we proceeded to sight our experiences on both consoles, with me having the most on PS3 and about even on the 360.

what say you vgc community? where the competition at? PS3 or 360!

Around the Network

It's the same. It just depends on the people you are matched up with.

I myself used to think that if people pay for a map pack they would probably would be good at the game right? WRONG. There are plenty of noobs playing MW3 on the new maps on PS3.

So I'm guessing its the same for Xbox 360. Just because people pay for Xbox Live it doesn't mean they are any better than those who play on PS3 for free...

What do you mean with good competition?

Playing against someone, have a great match and saying "gg" at the end? Well, that must be totally the same.

If you mean the most "pro gamers" - without a doubt on 360.

Look at the teamladder on gamebattles.com (I know, some of you probably don't like it, still the biggest league!)
Xbox 360 CoD MW3 Team ladder: Total Teams: 33,910
PS3 CoD MW3 Team ladder: Total Teams: 8,925

Team ladder EU:
360 Total Teams: 7,700
PS3 Total Teams: 3,570

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

VGKing said:
It's the same. It just depends on the people you are matched up with.

I myself used to think that if people pay for a map pack they would probably would be good at the game right? WRONG. There are plenty of noobs playing MW3 on the new maps on PS3.

So I'm guessing its the same for Xbox 360. Just because people pay for Xbox Live it doesn't mean they are any better than those who play on PS3 for free...

agreed. the guy in question could never beat me in any shooter anyway. i'm talk'n from goldeneye 64 to cod. (GEARS is yet to be determined)

it's funny you should mention the bold. the person my friend is buying the PS3 from stated " the reason he's selling his PS3 is because you're not hardcore unless you're paying online"

sounds stupid doesn't it?

DirtyP2002 said:

Playing against someone, have a great match and saying "gg" at the end? Well, that must be totally the same.

Look at the teamladder on gamebattles.com (I know, some of you probably don't like it, still the biggest league!)

Team ladder EU:

WHAT? you went into another world. do i look like a pro gamer to you? 

i really doubt all those numbers and what not mean anything in the end.

the unbolded answered the question. thanks for sharing though.

Around the Network

Its pretty common knowledge that as soon as you put a 360 controller in your hand you become a "pro gamer"/s

It's the same on both dam systems one has 3 or so more million than the other but niether are short for game players.....

DirtyP2002 said:

Team ladder EU:

I would never use GB to do whatever it is you are trying to do. Only game I ever really got into was warhawk. The best clan in the game weren't even on GB. They played all the top GB clans and flat out destroyed all of them.

And also GB sucks.

I don't know, I'd have to say both consoles offer enough competition for me. Whenever I play Call of Duty, I get my ass whooped. The game is mainly based on reflexes, something I don't have.

Jay520 said:
I don't know, I'd have to say both consoles offer enough competition for me. Whenever I play Call of Duty, I get my ass whooped. The game is mainly based on reflexes, something I don't have.

you just haven't been trained. when i play against people that may out lass me in any shooter, i play more of a guerrilla warfare. more tactical, evade, confuse, there one minute, gone the next. 

it's speed a strategy. just because i said i'm no pro gamer, doesn't mean i don't train, practice, or play like one.

know your strengths and go from there.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Jay520 said:

you just haven't been trained. when i play against people that may out lass me in any shooter, i play more of a guerrilla warfare. more tactical, evade, confuse, there one minute, gone the next. 

it's speed a strategy. just because i said i'm no pro gamer, doesn't mean i don't train, practice, or play like one.

know your strengths and go from there.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.