By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Wii U Thread!: Pokemon Rubmle U coming to Wii U

Tagged games:

What old franchise should Nintendo revive first on the Wii U?

Star Fox 220 47.31%

F-Zero 110 23.66%

Wave Race 29 6.24%

Top-Down Zelda 55 11.83%

Show me the results. 28 6.02%

Total:442

Wii U is the lead platform for Darksiders 2? Since when? This is news to me!

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Around the Network

Damn. It's been an awesome thread. I can't really even read through many of the comments. This thread is threads within threads. I wish there's a way to organize it, like tabs in a thread... or something.
It sucks that Nintendo is this secretive about their products; It's April and we still don't know much more than before when it was first announced. Hope to hear some news before E3. I can't wait!

Anyway, great job. I don't need to go anywhere to find info on Wii U. Hopefully, most of the news here are true.

F0X said:
IamAwsome said:

According to this post on NeoGaf, Retro recently started salvaging people from the recently closed Zipper Interactive, and Gearbox. Sounds like they are working on something for the hardcore crowd.

Not surprising. Retro has yet to make a game that isn't meant for the "hardcore" crowd. I also rememer Retro hiring people from Naughty Dog and Vigil...

In any case, this game sounds like it's going to be pretty big. I call Metroid Prime 4.

Zipper's employees have a lot of valuable info about online play (remember MAG?), something that Retro/Nintendo will surely need/find very useful.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Viper1 said:
"The degree of choice players have with Death could be another reason why the Wii U is the lead platform."

^Wait, what? Is this guy just speculating, is he quoting the producer or just trying to get hits?

I doubt it.

We know it is easier to enhance a game for a more powerful system than to cut it down to fit a not so powerful one. Besides this game must have been in development since the last one launched, and by the that time Nintendo wasn't sure about the specs of WiiU (I mean, are they even sure about them now?).

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

(Somewhat related to the Wii U....)

Epic Mickey producer Warren Spector has told Eurogamer that gamers need to take a “chill pill” regarding the musical sections of Epic Mickey: The Power of Two. The songs themselves are only featured in skippable cut scenes, and they won’t involve you grabbing a microphone and singing along.

“I’ve been itching to talk about the game and the songs for a while,” he said. “When we announced the game, I sort of threw it out there, because I’m so proud and so happy. I saw the look of fear in people’s eyes. I’m like, what the heck is going on? Doesn’t everybody love musicals? I realised I had to explain things.

“I look at guys like you in the audience on the press side, and similarly at Disney when I look out at execs, about 70 per cent of them are going, yeah. About 30 per cent are going, are you kidding?”

“I just want to see how people respond to the music and the songs,” he said. “They’re not interactive by design. Later on, I hope maybe we get to do that in some other game, sometime in the future. But I feel like I have to reassure that 30 per cent that it’s okay. If you don’t want to experience that part of the game you can just bypass it.

“I’ve seen the look on people’s faces. I’m reacting to something very specific and real I’ve seen, not worried that there might be a specific reaction. I’m reacting to the reaction, okay? It’s a change. Earlier, I didn’t expect that reaction, so I was just throwing it out there. Now I feel like I have to tell people, it’s okay.

“I don’t think I was clear at the start it wasn’t singing into a microphone or beatmatch. I should have been clear about that, and I wasn’t.

“I want everybody to just take a chill pill and relax about this. I’m not going to make you sing into a microphone. I’m not going to make you dance in front of your TV. I’m not going to make you beatmatch. This is just a fun way to honour a part of Disney’s history. If you don’t like that part of Disney’s history, skip it.”

Around the Network

Wii U launch date reportedly mid-November?

http://www.examiner.com/console-gaming-in-national/wii-u-launch-date-reportedly-mid-november

The same unnamed developers who told Games Industry International that the Wii U is less powerful than Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 has revealed that you can only use one Wii U controller per console. It’s always been a little up the air how many tablet controllers the Wii U supports, but it seems as though it’s pretty much official that you will only be able to use one per console. We should know for sure at E3.

“The whole thing about the tablet controller is that you only get one of them, and you can only use one and it’s not completely independent,” noted the source. “The base console has to be on, and you have to be in range.” Queried about other controllers, the source was clear: “Other controllers are just Wiimotes, or other Wii controllers. They may change the form factor or looks a bit, but it’s the same controller.”

Nintendo has told Game Informer’s Jim Reilly that the company doesn’t comment on rumour or speculation when they were quizzed about the rumoured Wii U release date leak. Kotaku hasalready questioned the validity of the rumour stating that the original source’s track record was unreliable.

(Sorry for the double post! Just too much news at one time! XD )

Nsanity said:

Wii U launch date reportedly mid-November?

http://www.examiner.com/console-gaming-in-national/wii-u-launch-date-reportedly-mid-november

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Thanks for the updates guys!!