By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Wii U Thread!: Pokemon Rubmle U coming to Wii U

Tagged games:

What old franchise should Nintendo revive first on the Wii U?

Star Fox 220 47.31%

F-Zero 110 23.66%

Wave Race 29 6.24%

Top-Down Zelda 55 11.83%

Show me the results. 28 6.02%

Total:442
archbrix said:
IamAwsome said:

Fully confirmed Wii U specs

http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/specs

CPU: 16 Core IBM  POWER7  beased custom CPU clocked at 4.2 GHz

GPU: Custom AMD Radeon "Northern Islands" GPU clocked at 943MHz

RAM: 8 GB of RAM

HDD: Comes standard in 1 TB, and  4 TB configurations

Formats: Supports SACD, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD, SD-DVD, Red-Ray, VHS, CD, N64 Cart, and Sega Genesis Cart (with external attachment)

Internet: 802.11 a/b/g/n, web surfing speeds up to 75 Gbps, download speeds even faster.

You left out the price they confirmed as well:  $99.  Can't wait!

I was saving the price for later :P, but I still have a few tricks up my sleeve.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Where is superchunk? What does that all actually mean to non technical peoples?

It means they'll fall for another April Fools joke.

Totaldemon said:

Making a powerful console is not the problem, any company can take the most powerfull hardware inside of a box and sell it for 600 or 800 dollars. Sony does thatn while nintendo strategy is not anymore going to the max with expensive hardware. i just want it powerful enough to get full support from third parties, without sending any of them broke in the meantime.* 

as more expensive is, more happy i will be lol, because after all... whats the matter about paying 100 fuckings bucks more for atleast 6 years of fun with the wii u and nintendo? NOTHING!

My wallet is ready

*This is the main problem with last gen, and this coming one, in my view. The death of developers will in most cases be suspended, or atleast less likely, with a less powerful competitive device in the market.

It doesn't matter how much devs talk up the technology potential of consoles, like 3DS, Vita, PS4, 720, or the IPad 3, if the average dev. finds it impossible to afford to build games for it, AND BE PROFITABLE, theres absolutely no fucking point to even start.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Those specs were hilarious! I wouldn't mind if they released a very expensive Wii U XL with all that stuff

BasilZero said:
IamAwsome said:

Formats: Supports SACD, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD, SD-DVD, Red-Ray, VHS, CD, N64 Cart, and Sega Genesis Cart (with external attachment)

Internet: 802.11 a/b/g/n, web surfing speeds up to 75 Gbps, download speeds even faster.

l0l

nice one especially since it was placed in a Official system thread!

Yep.  I especially like all of the formats it supports (HD-DVD, VHS, lol), and Sega Genesis Carts with an external attachment... 

Around the Network

If it supports Red-ray and N64 carts i`m in! :D

Ban him.

No NES cart support, no sale. Hmph.

VGChartz

IamAwsome said:

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

IamAwsome said:

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile