By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Wii U Thread!: Pokemon Rubmle U coming to Wii U

Tagged games:

What old franchise should Nintendo revive first on the Wii U?

Star Fox 220 47.31%

F-Zero 110 23.66%

Wave Race 29 6.24%

Top-Down Zelda 55 11.83%

Show me the results. 28 6.02%

Total:442

I hope it`s screenshots of the Wii U version!

Around the Network
drkohler said:
JazzB1987 said:

Yeah I also think we can at least say  WiiU is 2x the power of the 360. 5x is a bit to much and everyone saying its only 50% more powerful is dreaming IMHO.  I mean PS3 and 360 are constantly running at crappy 1024x576 and stuff like that and WiiU is supposed to run at real 1080p. Plus it has newer tech with newer effects etc which is also saving some power to get similar results.

About your CPU thing are you sure about that? I know PC technology is not exactly like console tech  and of cource Intel is not IBM but my 2008 2x3.16 GHZ Intel C2D E8500  is exactly as fast as my 2011 lower clocked 2x2,66  Intel core i3 390m Laptop CPU and thats 3 years difference and not to forget DESKTOP vs MOBILE CPU. Don't you think you are underestimating the CPU a bit? 

BTW Do you know what it costs to make a 360 or any other console etc? Is there a site listing stuff like that including comparisons between what does it cost to make XY in 2009 vs 2010 vs 2011 etc?

The only "industry rumour" I heard says that MS makes $115 from a $300 XBox360 sale. Now this does not make much sense for Europe, as you note that X360s sell at much lower prices in Europe than in the States. I'd guess the manufacturing costs for the initial batches of Slims were indeed in the $180 ballpark (processor yields) and are now in the $150 ballpark (-better yields, +higher labour costs). But I don't really care much.

As for processors: it is difficult to increase performance with each new generation. Every generation is designed using the latest tricks, and at some point, you are running out of new tricks. So your "net gain" in performance is 10% here, 10% there, nut never double or triple the old one. At some point, you hit a wall with your clock rates and tricks.  It is absolutely impossible to make a console processor with 5 times the performance of the PS360 processor, as these processors already have hit design walls.

Also Nintendo does not manufacture consoles with top-notch technology in mind. They design consoles with "interface ideas" (WiiMote, WiiU tablet...) and design the hardware to be able to just do those tricks, not outperfom other stuff. For what the WiiU promises, a CPU 50% better than a PS360 CPU (in combination with a custom GPU in the AMD 5570 ballpark) is good enough.

Well, that's certainly true to the Wii - but that's not how it used to be! Remember back in the day when Nintendo were cutting edge? :P

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Any news?

Edit: @poll

The right answer is 6.9 as the console is not going to be as powerful as an Xbox360.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:

Any news?

The right answer is 6.9 as the console is not going to be as powerful as an Xbox360.

"WiiU's killer game!" loooool 

Pavolink said:

This is just weird... I just had a dream last night that it was officially announced that WiiU was indeed going to be sub Xbox360 in power.  You should be ashamed of yourself for keeping the nightmare alive with this statement.  :P

BTW, you are joking, right?... WiiU will definitely be more powerful.

Around the Network

Honestly, "who cares"!

I hope those pics from AC3 will be online soon! Looking forward to seeing it.

Sorry about the lack of updates guys, Wii U news is so sparodic these days, and Spurge beatme to the good stuff. I'll probably stir up some speculation in the meantime.

archbrix said:
Pavolink said:

This is just weird... I just had a dream last night that it was officially announced that WiiU was indeed going to be sub Xbox360 in power.  You should be ashamed of yourself for keeping the nightmare alive with this statement.  :P

BTW, you are joking, right?... WiiU will definitely be more powerful.

I'm joking. I'm. And I also believe WiiU won't be on the same position as Wii against HD Twins.

@Ryan: Oh no! D:

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Someone! GET THAT MAGAZINE!

Hey guys, for those who are not good at math, 50% and 2x may be actually the same. The words around them makes the difference:

Xbox 360: 100% the power, lets say 100 Teraflops.
Wii U: 50% MORE powerful, it is going to be 200 Teraflops(not 150 Teraflops).
Wii U 2x the power, still, 200 Teraflops(people often understand this sentence as 200 Teraflops).

Let me explain:

50% MORE powerful, means that we have 100 Teraflops as the base power, we need to divide / with 50%(PER CENT) and we get 200 Teraflops. Do the math in any calc and you will see.

2x The power, you only need to take the 100 Teraflops, multiply with 2, and you get 200 Teraflops.

¿Why it is not 150 Teraflops?

It is because 50 Teraflops, is not the real 50% diference between the base 100 Teraflops of the Xbox 360 an the "what we believed" future Wii U 150 Teraflops. The diference between 100 and 150 is only 33%, you need to take the 100 Teraflops of the Xbox 360 and divide it with 67%(PER CENT) in your calc and you will get 149.xxxxx, a number very close to 150.

And i voted for the "Who cares" option in the poll.