By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Wii U Thread!: Pokemon Rubmle U coming to Wii U

Tagged games:

What old franchise should Nintendo revive first on the Wii U?

Star Fox 220 47.31%

F-Zero 110 23.66%

Wave Race 29 6.24%

Top-Down Zelda 55 11.83%

Show me the results. 28 6.02%

Total:442

O_O I haven't been on this thread in forever!

Around the Network

I just read the explanation on neogaf. From what they say over there he is legit.
What i take from what he has been saying is that Wii U is, in overall, 2x more powerful but on a specific level it can be 5x more powerful.

If Wii U can be better than that Zelda demo and even let you make intensive use of the Upad i won`t complain! :)

Yes JEMC I agree with those points. Those are the reasons I was 90% positive the Nextbox was coming this winter. I remain 50% on the issue.

It just doesn't make sense for Microsoft to launch winter 2013. Not to mention if WiiU is capable of 5x the power of 360 as some have suggested then a 6x the power system is not going to have the edge over Nintendo.

Kinect 2.0 will likely be roughly the same manufacturing price as Kinect PC and the tablet controller shouldn't be drastically more expensive then the WiiU tablet.

My bet was Nextbox launching late 2012 at 399$-450$ at 6x the power and Kinect 2.0 plus the tablet controller. Microsoft would be selling the hardware at up to a 100$ loss.

The only way Microsoft should delay hardware is if they are going for a much more powerful piece of hardware.

I really don't see why Microsoft would wait till winter 2013 if that is not the case. It would not make sense I still am convinced a E3 unveil with winter release is possible. My local EBGames is apparently going to get huge boxes of promotional content from Microsoft for a new product. The manager said that the last time this happened was when the Slim line launched. But of course he had no idea what product Microsoft will be promoting. But it would seem logical that it is nextbox.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Joelcool7 said:
Not to mention if WiiU is capable of 5x the power of 360 as some have suggested then a 6x the power system is not going to have the edge over Nintendo.

My bet was Nextbox launching late 2012 at 399$-450$ at 6x the power and Kinect 2.0 plus the tablet controller. Microsoft would be selling the hardware at up to a 100$ loss.

The WiiU isn't going to be 5x the power of anXBox360/PS3, not even close. A reasonable estimate is an AMD5570 variant GPU (roughly twice as fast as the XBox GPU) and a quad core CPU (roughly 50% more efficient than the XBox CPU). Then again, the WiiU has to do more than the XBox360 (driving more and possibly bigger screens) so I figure the WiiU will turn out to have roughly 30%-40% more computing power than an XBox360/PS3. These rough estimates may be against people's wishes but price/size of a console dictate performance and the WiiU box seems to be smaller than an XBox360/PS3...

Every compnent in a WiiU is more expensive than the XBox360/PS3 counterpart so an initial price below $300 is wishful thinking. Since Nintendo is alone this fall in the "next NextGen" console race, I wouldn't be surprised to see an initial price of $450 (if only to recoup development costs while there is no competition around).

I think MS made it clear. No new console this year.

I'm sure there will be a large banner with a Xbox logo at the entrance of E3: "Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Around the Network
drkohler said:
Joelcool7 said:
Not to mention if WiiU is capable of 5x the power of 360 as some have suggested then a 6x the power system is not going to have the edge over Nintendo.

The WiiU isn't going to be 5x the power of anXBox360/PS3, not even close. A reasonable estimate is an AMD5570 variant GPU (roughly twice as fast as the XBox GPU) and a quad core CPU (roughly 50% more efficient than the XBox CPU). Then again, the WiiU has to do more than the XBox360 (driving more and possibly bigger screens) so I figure the WiiU will turn out to have roughly 30%-40% more computing power than an XBox360/PS3. These rough estimates may be against people's wishes but price/size of a console dictate performance and the WiiU box seems to be smaller than an XBox360/PS3...

Every compnent in a WiiU is more expensive than the XBox360/PS3 counterpart so an initial price below $300 is wishful thinking. Since Nintendo is alone this fall in the "next NextGen" console race, I wouldn't be surprised to see an initial price of $450 (if only to recoup development costs while there is no competition around).

Size and price don't dictate performance. The N64 was cheaper than the PS1, but stronger, and the GCN was cheaper (and smaller) than the PS2, but stronger. 

Also I highly doubt the initial price will be higher than $400 unless it comes bundled with a game, and to clarify, are the pridicted "AMD 5570/Quad Core CPU" for the Wii U, or NextBox? If they are, then I would have to disagree. 

Updated poll results!!

What would be the best Wii U price point?

$149 14 3.38%

$199 9 2.17%

$249 68 16.43%

$299 208 50.24%

$399 58 14.01%

599 US DOLLARS 12 2.90%

Other 5 1.21%

OVAH 9000!!!!! 17 4.11%

I just wanna see the results 23 5.56%

Total: 414

First 25 Minutes of Ninja Gaiden 3!!

New Ninja Gaiden 3 screenshots

See more at 

http://wiiugo.com/more-new-ninja-gaiden-3-screenshots/

Is this actual Wii U footage? Or just PS3 footage?

NintendoPie said:
Is this actual Wii U footage? Or just PS3 footage?

I'm pretty sure it's PS3/360 footage. Other than tech demos Nintendo hasn't shown anything running on the Wii U.