By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Wii U Thread!: Pokemon Rubmle U coming to Wii U

Tagged games:

What old franchise should Nintendo revive first on the Wii U?

Star Fox 220 47.31%

F-Zero 110 23.66%

Wave Race 29 6.24%

Top-Down Zelda 55 11.83%

Show me the results. 28 6.02%

Total:442

Ok, so this morning I decided to go to several (well, only 2) malls and see if there were WiiUs available and also its games. I live in Spain and the stores I went were: 1 FNAC, 2 Game and 1 Media Markt as well as 1 Alcampo (Auchan) and 1 Carrefour.

Let me start saying that there were consoles in all stores, specially in Media Markt, but in that Fnac store there was only 1 Basic model.

And now I just have to say wow at the difference in prices from one store to the other. Game have the "official" prices, but in the rest of the stores the prices can vary greatly. Obviously I didn't check all games, but between one store to the other the difference can be as much as 17€! It's just ridiculous!

The best prices where at Alcampo with the consoles being 289-339 € and the games going from 46.50 € (NSMB U) to 58.90 € (AC3), and the worst at FNAC, with the games going from 61.50 € (NSMB U) to 71.90 € (AC3/Zombie U).

No wonder FNAC is having problems...

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Ya te digo JEMC
Los del FNAC estan flipaos, pero por ejemplo me compre ahi el MGS 3D y el Nintendogs por 20 pavos
se nota ke estan mal
yo siempre compro en game por ke una amiga trabaja ahi y me hace descuento de 15 pavos por juego ;D

DieAppleDie said:
Ya te digo JEMC
Los del FNAC estan flipaos, pero por ejemplo me compre ahi el MGS 3D y el Nintendogs por 20 pavos
se nota ke estan mal
yo siempre compro en game por ke una amiga trabaja ahi y me hace descuento de 15 pavos por juego ;D

¡Que cabr*n! ¿Y ese superdescuento que es, el descuento para empleados? O es que más que amiga es... "amiga" ^.^

Yo no tengo un sitio fijo para comprar juegos, los compro allí donde los encuentro más baratos.

Pero es que lo peor del precio del FNAC es que está en el mismo centro comercial que el Alcampo, y en la misma planta. Es ridículo.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Hello guys I have a question: as I bought a Wii U but I never owned a regular Wii so I don't own a Wii controller and wow, they're expensive!

My question is: Wii games that doesn't use motion controls can be played with the Wii U pad acting like a regular controller?

Let's say Twilight Princess?

@Noll: Unfortunately no.

Wii games played on your WiiU can't be played with the gamepad or the Pro controller.

Sorry.

Around the Network

Figured some of you would be interested in the Wii U-specific rankings for the console’s first week of availability in the UK. Here are the results:

1. Nintendo Land – Nintendo
2. New Super Mario Bros. U – Nintendo
3. ZombiU – Ubisoft
4. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed – SEGA
5. Batman: Arkham City – Armored Edition – Warner Bros. Interactive
6. Call of Duty: Black Ops II – Activision Blizzard
7. Sports Connection – Ubisoft
8. Assassin’s Creed III – Ubisoft
9. Just Dance 4 – Ubisoft
10. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 – Namco Bandai

http://nintendoeverything.com/107477/uk-software-sales-week-ending-121-wii-u-chart/

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Sick Of The Wii U GamePad's Weak Battery Life? Nyko Is Your Friend

The GamePad's second wind

Giving gamers a boost

The Wii U GamePad is a wonderful piece of kit that allows the user to do some amazing things. The problem with that is that you’re going to want to use it a heck of a lot, meaning that you're going to have to get used to seeing that flashing red battery warning light.

Thankfully peripheral maker Nyko has already set about alleviating this problem by introducing a range of accessories that will prolong the battery life of the GamePad. Possibly the most useful of the lot is the UBoost, which is essentially an add-on battery pack that is inserted in the rear of the GamePad. According to Nyko, the UBoost doubles the GamePad’s battery life - which will certainly come in handy during long gaming sessions.

There’s also a Charge Link which can connect the GamePad to any device with a USB port, naturally including the Wii U itself. While plugged into a USB port the GamePad will take charge, provided the device with the USB port is also plugged in to a power socket, obviously.

If you’re looking for a novel way to charge up your Pro Controllers then you may be interested in the Charge Base Pro which can charge up two of them simultaneously. Nyko is also selling replacement Power Stands as well as AC adapters to simply plug in your GamePad to the mains. The UBoost, Charge Base Pro and power stands are available in both black and white, so you should be able to keep your all-important Wii U colour scheme going.

Are any of these accessories of interest to you? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/12/sick_of_the_wii_u_gamepads_weak_battery_life_nyko_is_your_friend

You Can Use PlayStation 2 Pads On Your Wii U, Should You Want To

Turbo!

Optional extra

Are you a bit bummed about the fact that the Wii U Pro Controller isn't compatible with original Wii titles? Do you consider Sony's iconic Dual Shock pad to be one of the best in the business? Well you're in luck - Datel Japan has released an adapter which allows you to use your PlayStation 2 joypad on the Wii U or Wii.

All you have to do is attach it to your Wii Remote, plug in the PS2 pad and you're golden. It even has a turbo button, just like old pads used to have in the 16-bit era!

Release date in Japan is 8th December, and it costs 1,980 Yen - which is around £16 / $25. No word on a western launch yet, but we'd imagine it's likely.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/12/you_can_use_playstation_2_pads_on_your_wii_u_should_you_want_to

Sonic in 4th position and Sports Connection above AC3 is surprising!

DélioPT said:
Sonic in 4th position and Sports Connection above AC3 is surprising!

Remember that brits are the bad guys in that game and that they lost that war, . They won't be big fans of the game

@accessories. The Uboost is old news and I don't like its shape, but I do like the Pro controller charge stand.

Lol at PS2 contollers. That thing should have been released years ago.

A little sumthin' for all the Wii U haters out there...