By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Wii U Thread!: Pokemon Rubmle U coming to Wii U

Tagged games:

What old franchise should Nintendo revive first on the Wii U?

Star Fox 220 47.31%

F-Zero 110 23.66%

Wave Race 29 6.24%

Top-Down Zelda 55 11.83%

Show me the results. 28 6.02%

Total:442

Don`t know if there`s an official launch line-up for Europe - don`t recall seeing one - so i searched the only portuguese website that had pretty much all the games for Wii U, for this year (missing Lego, Tekken and Batman, at least) and some games are not going to make the launch. Strangely, Ubisoft games:

December 14th:
Just Dance 4
Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth Wii U
Rabbids Land
Sports Connection
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved

Anyone seen something like this, too? Btw, Darksiders 2 is, according to the website, coming at launch, aswell.

Around the Network
DélioPT said:
Don`t know if there`s an official launch line-up for Europe - don`t recall seeing one - so i searched the only portuguese website that had pretty much all the games for Wii U, for this year (missing Lego, Tekken and Batman, at least) and some games are not going to make the launch. Strangely, Ubisoft games:

December 14th:
Just Dance 4
Rabbids Land
Sports Connection

Anyone seen something like this, too? Btw, Darksiders 2 is, according to the website, coming at launch, aswell.

European Wii U launch titles confirmed

Today's European Nintendo Direct has confirmed the selection of games you will be able to pick up alongside the console when it launches  on November 30th, along with the titles planned for release up until the end of March 2013.

First party titles New Super Mario Bros. U and Nintendo Land will lead the lineup, along with Ubisoft's Rayman Legends and exclusive horror shooter ZombiU. If you're a football fan, EA's FIFA 13 will be there for you, as well as the sci-fi RPG Mass Effect 3: Special Edition. 

A press release from Nintendo following the broadcast has also confirmed that Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 will be available on November 30th.

A range of downloadable titles will also be available, including Trine 2: Director's Cut, Toki Tori 2 and Shin'en's Nano Assault Neo.

Pikmin 3 is the most notable absence from the launch window, as well as Platinum Games' P-100, now renamed to The Wonderful 101. But it appears that Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two has now moved platforms from Wii to Wii U.

Here are the games confirmed for launch date, and the ones currently pinned as launch window'.

Launch Date (November 30th):

EA:

FIFA 13

Mass Effect™ 3: Special Edition

Shin'en:

Nano Assault Neo

Ubisoft:

ZombiU™

RAYMAN® LEGENDS

Nintendo:

Nintendo Land

New Super Mario Bros. U

Frozenbyte:

Trine 2™: Director's Cut

Two Tribes:

Toki Tori 2

Launch Window:

2K Sports:

NBA 2K13

Activision Publishing, Inc.:

007 Legends

Call of Duty®: Black Ops II

TRANSFORMERS PRIME™

Skylanders Giants™

Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2013

Capcom:

Monster Hunter™ 3 Ultimate

Disney Interactive:

Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two

EA:

Madden NFL 13

Gaijin Games:

Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien

NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe:

TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT™2 Wii U Edition

TANK! TANK! TANK!™

Rise of the Guardians

Ben 10 Omniverse™

Family Party: 30 Great Games Obstacle Arcade

Nintendo:

NINJA GAIDEN 3: Razor's Edge

SiNG PARTY

LEGO® City: Undercover

Game & Wario

SEGA:

Aliens™: Colonial Marines

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed™

Tecmo Koei:

Warriors Orochi®3 Hyper

THQ:

Darksiders®2

Ubisoft:

Assassin's Creed® III

Just Dance®4

Marvel Avengers™ Battle for Earth

Rabbids® Land

Sports Connection™

Your Shape®: Fitness Evolved 2013

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment:

Scribblenauts™ Unlimited

Game Party Champions

Batman: Arkham City™ Armoured Edition

http://www.n-europe.com/news/european-wii-u-launch-titles-confirmed

Here you go!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

^ Thanks Danne! Don`t know how i missed this news!

Awesome, the Digital Promotion also works with 3DS! Talk about added value!

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

GTAV will not be available on WiiU.

Enough said, critics win lol...

Around the Network
DélioPT said:
^ Thanks Danne! Don`t know how i missed this news!

No probs!!

Miyamoto's Ideas for Metroid can be Found in Nintendo Land

The future of the series?

Not a bad starting point

As you no doubt saw over the weekend, Shigeru Miyamoto recently conducted an interview with Gamekult.com, during which he shared some views on Wii U and Nintendo's most iconic characters. Some additional translated comments now provide Miyamoto's views on the Metroid franchise, and he's suggested that Wii U launch title Nintendo Land could provide gamers with useful hints on the future direction of the series.

You know, the kind of ideas I have on Metroid are already reflected in the mini-game that is devoted to the series in Nintendo Land, Metroid Blast.

That doesn't make it so, of course, as the Metroid franchise has been in the hands of Retro Studios and Team Ninja in recent years, with other Nintendo figures apart from Miyamoto providing most first-party management. That said, documentaries for Metroid Prime Trilogy showed that Nintendo's most senior development figure played a major role in directing the early concepts for that series, such as prompting Retro Studios to include swappable scanning visors.

Would Nintendo Land's gameplay provide a good foundation for a solid Metroid experience? Quite possibly, and you can read our thoughts on Metroid Blast in our Nintendo Land hands on impressions. While the controls were fairly tricky in the context of this release, the third-person action and aiming on the ground was intuitive and fun, while the GamePad was put to good use when flying Samus' ship. The challenging flying controls didn't seem suitable in a competitive multiplayer environment, but as a tactical part of a Metroid title to, for example, bomb space pirate outposts, it could potentially work very well.

Of course, there's not long to wait before millions of gamers can try Metroid Blast for themselves, so its merits as a foundation for a future Metroid title will no doubt come under full scrutiny.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/11/miyamotos_ideas_for_metroid_can_be_found_in_nintendo_land

Miyamoto Working to Encourage More Wii U Third-Party Developers

Selling the concept

"I am trying to meet with the game developers individually"

One of the big challenges facing Nintendo and its Wii U system is to encourage more third-party developers to commit to major projects on the system. While Wii had a diverse library — perhaps more so than many think — it arguably lacked a lot of big-hitting titles from third-parties that utilised the system and achieved success. While some notable exclusives in Wii U's launch window bode well, Nintendo will clearly want to keep that momentum going for years to come.

As part of his evolving role, perhaps away from leading development teams himself, Shigeru Miyamoto seems to have been tasked with recruiting more development studios to the Wii U cause. In an interview with IGN, the father of Mario explained that he's working to show developers the creative opportunities of Wii U, and dispel myths that only Nintendo can produce the best games on its systems.

I am trying to meet with the game developers individually for this matter. The real subject is whether I’ll be able to - we’ll be able to - convince developers inside of the licensing publishers to be excited about the new features of the Wii U, so much so that they’ll be enthused towards making brand new entertainment that I couldn't come up with myself.

When it comes to technologies and techniques and skills necessary for working on Wii U, [and] what we can provide, I can count on them that they already have that. They know how to do that. They are always skilful, and actually they must have some different know-how from what we have. There might be some misunderstanding - as if Nintendo alone had some special know-how, and because Nintendo has not shared those unique, secret protocols with other, third-party publishers have not been able to create the exciting, unique gameplay on Nintendo hardware. But that was not the case.“

The fact of the matter is that most third-party licensees from a business point of view, had to create multi-platform titles – and because Nintendo has been trying to create very unique hardware, oftentimes it was not considered the first choice for them to work on multi-platform software. So it’s the entire company decision-making process that is hindering developer’s ability from making unique titles on Wii U hardware. Once again, my job as one of the developers is meet with the individual people and convince that they’ll be able to create brand new entertainment that they really wish to realise. My job is to try to assist them in that fashion.

I do not think that providing any special technologies, know how or skills would be able to change the situation, because I understand that most third-party developers already have those things.

Encouraging major publishers to develop software that makes the most of Wii U — not just multi-platform ports — will likely be one of many important factors that determine the console's success. Ubisoft in particular is a strong presence in the launch window, while Platinum Games will eventually bring Bayonetta 2 exclusively to the system.

What do you think of Shigeru Miyamoto's comments, and do you think Nintendo will be able to coax high-quality software from third-parties? Let us know in the comments below.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/11/miyamoto_working_to_encourage_more_wii_u_third_party_developers

The Legend of Zelda's Link Was Inspired By Walt Disney's Peter Pan

From one green hero to another

Clad in green garments, sporting a pointy hat and defined by elf-like ears, you'd think we were talking about Hyrule's hero - Link. Wrong. We have Peter Pan in mind, the protagonist from one of Walt Disney's most famous animated productions, who became an inspiration for the The Legend of Zelda's main character.

In an interview with French site Game Kult, Shigeru Miyamoto was asked about the origin of Link. Miyamoto explained that they wanted to make the character recognizable, so as a result, sprite designer Takashi Tezuka turned to Disney when putting together the design for Link. (We're guessing Tinkerbell is Navi but slightly less annoying, right?)

Miyamoto also gave some insight into the origin of the character's unique name. When the team began designing the first The Legend of Zelda game, the Triforce fragments were supposed to be electronic chips. The series was planned to take place in both the past and future, and the hero was the "link" in the middle - hence the name.

In that same interview, Miyamoto discussed how baffled he is that anyone would want a new F-Zero game - something which has already stirred up quite a bit of debate on this very site.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/11/the_legend_of_zeldas_link_was_inspired_by_walt_disneys_peter_pan

The unveilings of the latest Nintendo Direct, thanks to GoNintendo and DélioPT.

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=189824

- exchange each others ID numbers in the same style as Friend Codes
- Miiverse ideas began with Wii no Ma services
- Wii no Ma couldn't be updated that frequently, which is something Nintendo regrets
- user-generated content was considered for Wii no Ma
- Iwata calls Miiverse an 'empathy network'
- Iwata brought this idea to Nintendo's internal producers, directors, advertisers, sales people and more
- The idea to have the Miis running around in a plaza, rather than a standard online menu, was discussed early on
- Wii U console menu is coordinated by the director of Animal Crossing
- Eguchi wanted Miiverse to be a service that players could use more freely
- this was an idea ever since working on Animal Crossing, but the capability wasn't there back then
- Flipnote Studio had a part in the inspiration for Miiverse
- some ideas are similar between the two, but each service has its unique features
- with network services, the first level you interact comfortably with people you know. On the second level, you interact based on shared interests and sentiments with people you don't know personally.
- this idea lead to Miiverse having an open format
- You don't have to show your real name on Miiverse. You can display just your Mii nickname if you'd like.
- Miyamoto exerts tremendous tenacity when making something, so that people will feel empathy towards it
- Miiverse has a 'yeah' button if someone says something that resonates with you
- Nintendo wanted to provide a service that was more fun to use than the Friend Code systems of the past
- they saw that people would exchange friend codes online via messageboards
- Nintendo worked with Hatena to create Miiverse
- Mario Club gave the notification function great reviews
- Nintendo can change the Miiverse service from the server side
- some devs feel uneasy about the service after release, not knowing what people will do with it
- access Miiverse with a smartphone or computer
- Hatena and Nintendo worked hard, pushing forward and plowing through any issues that came up
- change the expressions of your Mii to convey feelings

And a couple of videos

Unboxing of a WiiU Premium by Satoru Iwata

If you must/want see an unboxing video, this is the one.

WiiU user accounts

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

DanneSandin said:
DélioPT said:

December 14th:
Just Dance 4
Rabbids Land
Sports Connection

Here are the games confirmed for launch date, and the ones currently pinned as launch window'.

Here you go!

Why do you post this list? It is crap. I don't know where the n-europe writer get his informations, but obviously direct out of his own imagination.

For example: 

Rayman Legends is not a launch day title, Assassins Creed 3 is, Tekken is, Darksiders 2 is, Warriors Orochi is ... and so on.

It seems that the guys at n-europe don't have a clue what they are writing.

z101 said:
DanneSandin said:
DélioPT said:

December 14th:
Just Dance 4
Rabbids Land
Sports Connection

Here you go!

Why do you post this list? It is crap. I don't know where the n-europe writer get his informations, but obviously direct out of his own imagination.

For example: 

Rayman Legends is not a launch day title, Assassins Creed 3 is, Tekken is, Darksiders 2 is, Warriors Orochi is ... and so on.

It seems that the guys at n-europe don't have a clue what they are writing.

Maybe they're just lazy and can't be bothered to update the list? If you have a better list, then please, be my guest and post it instead of bitching about it.