By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Wii U Thread!: Pokemon Rubmle U coming to Wii U

Tagged games:

What old franchise should Nintendo revive first on the Wii U?

Star Fox 220 47.31%

F-Zero 110 23.66%

Wave Race 29 6.24%

Top-Down Zelda 55 11.83%

Show me the results. 28 6.02%

Total:442

Just thought I posted this for fun :) . On topic I hope Nintendoland has better appeal then Wii Sports. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
Exile1987 said:
Has there been any announments or roumers pointing to a trophy/achievement system?

Yes.  It's up to developers to support it though.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

I just don't see a major reason for HD owners to get a wiiU. Most of the games are already on ps360.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Viper1 said:
Exile1987 said:
Has there been any announments or roumers pointing to a trophy/achievement system?

That's brilliant! can you link me to a page? TBH for most games the work would of already been done for trophies and can't see many not implementing it.

I hate playing older games atm that don't support trophies - I know I shouldn't but it has been a good gauge to see 100% completion of a game

leatherhat said:
I just don't see a major reason for HD owners to get a wiiU. Most of the games are already on ps360.

That is because the unveiling and information release plan so far has been totally geared toward current Wii owners.   They will target current HD console owners in the next few months.

Exile1987 said:
Viper1 said:

That's brilliant! can you link me to a page?

I'll just give you the quote.

"We will have that," Fils-Aime said. "Once you start getting into game-specific [Achievements] that's developer driven." Microsoft may require every game to have Achievements, but, Fils-Aime said, "That is not our philosophy."

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

I've just played a lot of Rayman Origins today - and I'm so gonna get Legends for the WiiU later on!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

First Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Wii U info

- Off-TV play confirmed
- Swipe your finger down on the touch screen to bring the game to the GamePad
- Flick your finger up to resume playing on the TV
- Screen shows pertinent information on the GamePad while racing
- Shows the current orders of racers and a mini-map of the course
- When you use a power-up, you can see its destiny on the GamePad
- If you use a remote-controlled car with dynamite, you can watch it travel to the target
- Optional: steer with the GamePad like a wheel
- GamePad used for mini-games
- Super Monkey Ball Arena: whoever has the GamePad controls AiAi in his sphere
- In this mini-game, opponents use Classic Controllers and play as Sonic and Tails in racing cars
- Need to squish the tiny versions of Sonic and Tails who are driving around attempting to collect as many bananas as possible

Lycett discussing how he doesn’t believe something is lost in the transition from the TV to the GamePad…

“I don’t think it’s compromised. For a start we’re already building the game across a selection of handhelds, on 3DS and Vita, so we consider it one more option the players has. Put it this way, when I’m kicked off the TV as the latest soaps need to be caught up with, I certainly won’t complain about being able to seamlessly carry on playing!”

Lycett on the Super Monkey Ball Arena mini-game…

“(The GamePad) gave us a reason to think about how we can use the fact one player has an advantage (or disadvantage!). We came back to game you’d play as school kids. So things like Tag, British Bulldog, Hide and Seek, all the classics basically, became the inspiration for what we’d prototype and try. Then it’s how you bend that into something SEGA themed, and luckily we’ve had a bit of experience of doing that.”

Lycett on how the Wii U version of Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing compares to the other versions…

“(The game is) easily on a par [with Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions]. We’re still very much getting to grips with what we can make the hardware do [...]. So it’s hard to really answer that right now, but yeah, I think once we’ve had a bit more time finding our way around it, chances are you can look to do things that you may not be able to do before.”

http://nintendoeverything.com/96189/first-sonic-sega-all-stars-racing-wii-u-info-off-tv-play-confirmed-gamepad-usage-detailed/#more-96189

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Apparently a new trailer from Gamescom for Zombi U

EDIT: Which I can't embed for some strange reason... head over to http://wiiudaily.com/2012/08/zombiu-gamescom-trailer/ to see it :P

Dunno where to share this, but looks like this is the proper thread to post it: the beautiful NSMB U world:

BTW, I like Wii U cases.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile