By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Wii U Thread!: Pokemon Rubmle U coming to Wii U

Tagged games:

What old franchise should Nintendo revive first on the Wii U?

Star Fox 220 47.31%

F-Zero 110 23.66%

Wave Race 29 6.24%

Top-Down Zelda 55 11.83%

Show me the results. 28 6.02%

Total:442

I would be wary, just because this box-art happens to look like what the "original" Wii box art looked like, before it turned out to be what we're actually familiar with.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Nintendo will need to keep people busy through next year until Christmas hits again. They will be saving all of their good stuff for Next Christmas to counter the release of the Nextbox ( there you go hutnik).

yeah, but shouldn't that mean they should realse NSMBU NEXT x-mas?! that what I've been thinking the last 6 months... Why "waste" their system seller at launch? they could easily have stolen one or two million units from MicroSony...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Mr Khan said:
I would be wary, just because this box-art happens to look like what the "original" Wii box art looked like, before it turned out to be what we're actually familiar with.

We have TWO independent sources for this box art now: Target and... perhaps Amazon?! But two different retailers anywayz. I think it's legit.

DanneSandin said:
Mr Khan said:

We have TWO independent sources for this box art now: Target and... perhaps Amazon?! But two different retailers anywayz. I think it's legit.

I don't doubt the sources, just that Wii boxart changed through the course of the summer after E3 to when the device was actually released.

Of course, we're at t-minus three months off now, but i won't take anything as official until the September announcement day.

Mr Khan said:
DanneSandin said:
Mr Khan said:

I don't doubt the sources, just that Wii boxart changed through the course of the summer after E3 to when the device was actually released.

Of course, we're at t-minus three months off now, but i won't take anything as official until the September announcement day.

I wasn't around here when the Wii was released, so I just have to trust you =) But at this point in time I think it's a little late to change the box art - but it's always a good idea to be a little sceptical!

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
DanneSandin said:
spurgeonryan said:
Nintendo will need to keep people busy through next year until Christmas hits again. They will be saving all of their good stuff for Next Christmas to counter the release of the Nextbox ( there you go hutnik).

yeah, but shouldn't that mean they should realse NSMBU NEXT x-mas?! that what I've been thinking the last 6 months... Why "waste" their system seller at launch? they could easily have stolen one or two million units from MicroSony...

I don't know. The way they have been pushing out Mario games recently they may just have another one by then. Plus they need a nice strong start. I would rather just hve NSMB 2 in FEbruary or something.

Wouldn't it (in theory) have been better to release a new DKC at launch togather with a new Zelda? Those games alone could push 10 million units and then have a NSMB ready for the second x-mas; stealing sales from PS720. Now, I know that couldn't have happend since Zelda was released just last year - but as far as scenarios goes, that's a good one.

DanneSandin said:
Mr Khan said:
DanneSandin said:
Mr Khan said:

I wasn't around here when the Wii was released, so I just have to trust you =) But at this point in time I think it's a little late to change the box art - but it's always a good idea to be a little sceptical!

I wasn't around here either (not even sure VGChartz existed by that point), and the stupider part is that i can't seem to find evidence of it, but i remember spending the summer of 2006 obsessing over the forthcoming Wii, and a different looking boxart.

Mr Khan said:

I wasn't around here either (not even sure VGChartz existed by that point), and the stupider part is that i can't seem to find evidence of it, but i remember spending the summer of 2006 obsessing over the forthcoming Wii, and a different looking boxart.

Yes, VGChartz was here by 2006 as well as NextGenWars.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Mr Khan said:
DanneSandin said:
Mr Khan said:
DanneSandin said:
Mr Khan said:

is this it?

DanneSandin said:
Mr Khan said:
DanneSandin said:

is this it?

Bingo. So i guess it's in the other direction than this Wii U stuff.