By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Wii U Thread!: Pokemon Rubmle U coming to Wii U

Tagged games:

What old franchise should Nintendo revive first on the Wii U?

Star Fox 220 47.31%

F-Zero 110 23.66%

Wave Race 29 6.24%

Top-Down Zelda 55 11.83%

Show me the results. 28 6.02%

Total:442
menx64 said:
DanneSandin said:
Viper1 said:
DanneSandin said:
spurgeonryan said:

Rumor: GameStop release sheet suggests mid-November launch for Wii U

July 23rd, 2012 Posted in Posted by Valay, Rumors, Wii U

Yet another document indicates that the Wii U will arrive in mid-November.

An internal release sheet obtained by The Verge says that some of the console’s earliest games hit store shelves on November 14. It goes without saying that the Wii U won’t launch on a Wednesday, so a November 18 release would be more likely for the system.

The list does raise some questions, however. A number of titles are listed with a placeholder January 1, 2013 date and much of those prices aren’t final.

Expect Nintendo to share its official launch information for Wii U in September.

Source

What? We're nog gonna get any games in december? what's up with that? I don't buy it

I'd be more worried about the speculated prices.

Holy mother of sh!t!! that CAN'T be true!!

So not only are only getting TWO games for the whole of 2012, but in 2013 games will cost almost 100 bucks? Shoot me now, because that's not a world I wanna live in!

Welcome to the gaming world outside of the USA, games here cost around $80-$100 handhelds and consoles.

I live in Sweden (which is outside of the US) and the most expensive games I've seen costs $85... And that's for consoles. Never realised how much more games costs over heer!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Well there has been rumors of mario wii u not coming out on launch. But I doubt only ris of guardians and that other game will be the only ones. Even with Nintendobland it would be very skimpy.

Anyone else want a huge eshop at launch? The way nintendo consoles and handhelds go a huge eshop would help immensely.

So... you don't like NintendoLand?

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

thekitchensink said:
DélioPT said:
The odd ones are the 14/11/2012.
Someone should contact Blockbuster to see what is their "view" on the release dates and prices!
I have never seen such spot on "speculation" like the one Blockbuster did with their Wii U games list! :D

It's definitely interesting, but keep in mind that games sometimes release before the system they are designed for.  I picked up Kameo a couple of weeks before the 360 launched and a couple Wii games a few days before.

Didn`t know about Kameo but i remember something being released sooner for Wii. Think it was from Sega?! Not sure.

It`s a good strategy!

@spurgeonryan

OK. I just found it funny... and accurate.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Nintendo World Report had an hands on with Rabbids Land and the video of three of the activities/mini games is up.
Yes, it`s a mini-game game but the video shows some really good Wii U Pad`s usage. Check it out!

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/feature/31131

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
menx64 said:
DanneSandin said:
Viper1 said:
DanneSandin said:
spurgeonryan said:

An internal release sheet obtained by The Verge says that some of the console’s earliest games hit store shelves on November 14. It goes without saying that the Wii U won’t launch on a Wednesday, so a November 18 release would be more likely for the system.

The list does raise some questions, however. A number of titles are listed with a placeholder January 1, 2013 date and much of those prices aren’t final.

Expect Nintendo to share its official launch information for Wii U in September.

Source

What? We're nog gonna get any games in december? what's up with that? I don't buy it

So not only are only getting TWO games for the whole of 2012, but in 2013 games will cost almost 100 bucks? Shoot me now, because that's not a world I wanna live in!

Welcome to the gaming world outside of the USA, games here cost around $80-$100 handhelds and consoles.

I live in Sweden (which is outside of the US) and the most expensive games I've seen costs $85... And that's for consoles. Never realised how much more games costs over heer!

I just bought mario 3d land for a relative on his birthday and I paid $80 for the game... 

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

menx64 said:
DanneSandin said:
menx64 said:
DanneSandin said:
Viper1 said:
DanneSandin said:
spurgeonryan said:

Source

I just bought mario 3d land for a relative on his birthday and I paid $80 for the game... 

That's just crazy! How come games out side the states are so much more expensive?!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Here are 40-50 euro
which is somewhere between 48-60 $
not that bad ;)

DanneSandin said:

That's just crazy! How come games out side the states are so much more expensive?!

There can be several factors depending on the country.

Some have higher import taxes.
Some require lots of localization work.
Some countries have indirect distribution (Nintendo, Sony or MS sells to a distributor who them sells to retailers).
Some countries require more expensive transit.
Some countries have VAT (taxes directly added to the cost).
Some countries have higher retailer margins.

As you can see, that can all add up.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

http://wiiublog.com/vigil-games-is-not-allowed-to-talk-about-the-wii-u-version-of-darksiders-2/

Joe Madureira of Vigil Games has confirmed what could have been assumed, in that they are “not allowed to talk about the Wii U version” of the Darksiders 2. Now, Madureira is the head of the company, so it definitely seems like Nintendo is the one stopping them from talking about the game. I would suspect this is because they want to show-off many of their third-party titles with a bang at the end of September.