By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Wii U Thread!: Pokemon Rubmle U coming to Wii U

Tagged games:

What old franchise should Nintendo revive first on the Wii U?

Star Fox 220 47.31%

F-Zero 110 23.66%

Wave Race 29 6.24%

Top-Down Zelda 55 11.83%

Show me the results. 28 6.02%

Total:442
Pokemonbrawlvg said:
Today is a busy day... more to add to the rumor mill!

- Video Chat is available, but must be accessed from the main menu of the system
- Voice Commands are available
- Facial recognition
- Ability to suspend games
- share achievements with friends by sending videos or screenshots with drawings on them
- watch a friend play online
- Multitasking

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=178085

O love this =D

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
Pokemonbrawlvg said:
Rumor: Another round of specific details on Wii U specs

- based on the IBM 710 Express chip
- underclocked at 3 GHz
- comes with 4 cores and 8 threads
- 20X faster than the chip found in the Wii
- made by IBM and is based on their POWER 7 architecture
- built on 45nm
- the standard has 6 cores and runs at speeds of up to 3.7 GHz
- 710 Express chip can also execute 4 threads per core at the same
- Nintendo has scaled this down for Wii U
- threads per core will go down from 4 to 2
- roughly “around 50% more powerful than current gen systems”

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=178080#shine

Can some one please explain to me what all of this measn? =P I'm not a teachy ^^

DanneSandin said:
Pokemonbrawlvg said:

- underclocked at 3 GHz
- built on 45nm

Can some one please explain to me what all of this measn? =P I'm not a teachy ^^

I'll see what I can do:

It means that the WiiU's CPU is based on an IBM's Power 7 processor, more precisely the IBM 710 processor. The chip has been scaled down/optimized for Nintendo's needs. It means that the chip now runs at 3 GHz instead at 3.7 GHz, and has lost 2 of its cores so instead of 6 now it has 4 cores. On top of that, each core instead of being able to run 4 threads at the same time now is only ablo to run 2.

The 45nm part is the technology used to make it.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
DanneSandin said:
Pokemonbrawlvg said:

- underclocked at 3 GHz
- built on 45nm

I'll see what I can do:

It means that the WiiU's CPU is based on an IBM's Power 7 processor, more precisely the IBM 710 processor. The chip has been scaled down/optimized for Nintendo's needs. It means that the chip now runs at 3 GHz instead at 3.7 GHz, and has lost 2 of its cores so instead of 6 now it has 4 cores. On top of that, each core instead of being able to run 4 threads at the same time now is only ablo to run 2.

I understand THAT ^^ perhaps I expressed myself poorly: what will this mean in terms of games and grapchics and such? but thanks for the answser :D

metro last light maybe will not be on wii u now, lol
http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a384034/metro-last-light-no-longer-confirmed-for-wii-u-says-thq.html

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
JEMC said:
DanneSandin said:

I'll see what I can do:

I understand THAT ^^ perhaps I expressed myself poorly: what will this mean in terms of games and grapchics and such? but thanks for the answser :D

To try to answer again, and this time I know as little as you may know, it means that the CPU will be able to do some stuff that the GPU usually does (such as physics), so it will free more resources of the GPU to handle the graphics.

But in the end it's the GPU which determines the graphics that we will see.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

nintendo es doomed the week before E3 :( UE4 and now Metro lol

spurgeonryan said:
Totaldemon said:

metro last light maybe will not be on wii u now, lol
http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a384034/metro-last-light-no-longer-confirmed-for-wii-u-says-thq.html

If that is true then it is a giant slap in the F***ing Face! Why not?

"No I don't think it was a bit too early [to show the game at E3]. As we got along in the development process, we just really wanted to focus on what we knew, focus on PS3, 360 and PC," he explained."

What I do not get is how that would negate  a port...I heard a story of Alien: Colonial getting up and running on Wii U in 5 minutes with 2 lines of code.......

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Thanks JEMC :D

F*** you THQ!!! But we will still get Darksiders 2 right!?

spurgeonryan said:
DanneSandin said:
Thanks JEMC :D

F*** you THQ!!! But we will still get Darksiders 2 right!?

Nothing is for sure anymore, but Nintendo has almost totally neglected the DS and Wii for 1-2 years now. The 3DS had a rocky start and is still a little rocky in the West. So I have no worries that Nintendo will have something big for us with the Wii U. What else could they have been doing these past two years if not working to make this great?

Yeah, I have big hopes for Nintendos e3 showings!! I think it'll be epic! They have alot on the line with this one... I'm expecting great games for 3ds and WiiU - I just hope they'll get the neccersary 3rd party support, or else the WiiU will stagnate in 2-3 years time...