By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii all around us, apparently.

Seems like the term "Wii" is becoming as common as people referring to video games as "nintendo" in the late 80's, early 90's. Just yesterday I was washing/waxing my car when a lady walked up the driveway to talk to me about the house for sale next door to me. She was a realtor. We talked for a while and when she started to leave she said "I've got to get back home.. I have a Wii Tennis tournament tonight! Do you have a Wii?" Woah. I was shocked. A 40-something year old lady randomly walks up my driveway and talks about the Wii. So, we chatted about the Wii for a few more minutes and she (and her family) love it (especially Wii Sports). And this past Christmas season, I was sitting in church and the pastor referred to the Wii in his sermon. ... OOookay. So here is a 65 year old man, clergy, talking about the Wii in a church service. I'll be the first to admit I never thought the term "Wii" would ever be used by anyone but gamers in some form of joke-telling/punchline. It's amazing to see how the Big-N really turned their position around on the market place and have once again become the commonly thought of name in gaming.

Around the Network

Listen to the prophet, JL!, he all predicted this, and beyond this it will go.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

What did the pastor say about it?

"Wii. The console Jesus would use."

your not wrong I was texting my mate the other day asking for meeting details and my text changed it to "where are Wii meeting again?"

Those people that think they're perfect give a bad reputation to us who are... 

"With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison, Sony

your pastor was just trying to be hip and cool by relating to you and get you to smoke cigarettes. my pastor does the same thing all the time.

Around the Network

Jon stewart mentioned when talking about the writers Strike on Monday

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)