By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony New Year's Problems & Resolutions!

FishyJoe said:
Entroper said:
I suggested a trade-up program for the Dualshock 3 several months ago and was laughed out of the thread. I see this time around it's no different.

Same here. If Nintendo or MS planned on releasing new upgraded controllers, yet continued to sell the old ones for many months, Sony fanboys would be crying foul.

They already cry foul about buying a $20 classic controller to open up a library of classic games, but apparently buying a new DS3 for $50 or more to play the same PS3 games is no problem.

Around the Network
Griffin said:

"Offer a trade-up program for Dual Shock 3 controllers" People can sell there controllers if they want to upgrade to the new ones, Sony doesn't need to do anything.

How much do you think you can get for your second hand Sixaxis controllers when Sony comes out with the new ones? Who will want to buy one for above $20?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Just give me the ability of seeing my friends list any time in a game, and make it so I can join them if the server is free. That is all I really need. Just aim the PSN more towards a community friendly network.

PLAYSTATON NETWORK: BLOODLINEZ

Just give me the ability of seeing my friends list any time in a game, and make it so I can join them if the server is free. That is all I really need. Just aim the PSN more towards a community friendly network.

PLAYSTATON NETWORK: BLOODLINEZ

Yeah that looks like a pretty good list of things that would make the PS3 better.
Althoug I didn't read price drop written in there. :p

Around the Network
cool48 said:
Yeah that looks like a pretty good list of things that would make the PS3 better.
Althoug I didn't read price drop written in there. :p

thats needed but not as much as the ones listed above. Sony has the line-up, the price is decent enough, they jsut need to get the things listed straight or straighter. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

The price is NOT decent enough. $400 is still $100 more than the launch price of any console from last generation. Though they've done a great job of cutting the cost of production, Sony is still selling to early adopters at this point.

Bodhesatva said:

I'm sure this answer won't be popular: Sony needs to stop listening to its fans. Just tune them out, and start figuring out why the people who aren't fans are staying away.

I believe Sony's fans are leading them down an increasingly niche road. It's very much like MMORPGs before WoW -- the "hardcore" fans succesfully kept all MMOs as niche products, by constantly insisting the game stay "hardcore" and not cater to the larger crowd.

In short, the people who post in internet forums explaining what they want are precisely the sort of people that Sony needs to stop listening to.

Excellent point. Nintendo did the same, and look where it has got them now. I would have been happy with a Gamecube 2 (indeed I hated the Wii name and thought the new controller was gimmicky at first) and a Game Boy 4, but I realise the expanded audience is actually to my eventual benefit.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

"Seeing as the 80Gb model uses a software solution, what is to stop Sony from adding this low-cost solution to the cheaper 40GB model via firmware update"

there are problems if the author doesn't know what he is talking about. The 80Gb only emulated the PS2 CPU but still had the PS2 GPU included. Therefore a "firmware update" will not help much.

He assumes that writing an emulator for the GS is a simple matter. It is not and any solution could be very expensive, to the point of costing nearly as much as including the chip in the first place. In contrast, the emulator for the EE was far more straightforward, which was why Sony was able to include the emulation so easily.