By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Abu Dhabi - FORMULA 1 2015

1.5 seconds ahead of 2nd place Hamilton for Vettel in FP1, I really hope he doesn't keep this domination up in the rest of the weekend.

Around the Network
Rainbow Yoshi said:
1.5 seconds ahead of 2nd place Hamilton for Vettel in FP1, I really hope he doesn't keep this domination up in the rest of the weekend.

he did that right at the end of P1 took the commentators by surprise,i haven't seen any P2, think it has finished now

Above & Beyond

zuvuyeay said:
Rainbow Yoshi said:

he did that right at the end of P1 took the commentators by surprise,i haven't seen any P2, think it has finished now

He was on top again in that session as well.

Watching practice, that first corner is giving everyone a lot to think about, and they still have the entire track to contend with after, should be a fascinating race and qualifying

Pjams said:
Watching practice, that first corner is giving everyone a lot to think about, and they still have the entire track to contend with after, should be a fascinating race and qualifying

one of our blokes was a bit annoyed you didn't get more punishment for getting the corner wrong,you can just run wide but that is an issue for most tracks and old school people,of course they have to get used to this track as its new

in general old school people think there is too much run off in modern tracks now not enough punishment

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
zuvuyeay said:
Pjams said:

one of our blokes was a bit annoyed you didn't get more punishment for getting the corner wrong,you can just run wide but that is an issue for most tracks and old school people,of course they have to get used to this track as its new

in general old school people think there is too much run off in modern tracks now not enough punishment

I don't know, the apex is completey blind and the camber change is significant depending where you postion yourself. Old school theory is fine, it's just that this corner seems to be unique in its challenge, can't wait to see cars go side by side around it

zuvuyeay said:
a sell out on sunday they say,close to mexico who have a lot of fans and people fyling in for the new GP track they reckon so thats good,they haven't really given me a birdseye view o fthe track but no doubt see it over the weekend

If it is sold out it is probably more due to Americans and other foreigners than Mexicans.  Just saying... Probably not too many rich Mexicans coming up to help sell it out.  I just think your assumption is off.

sethnintendo said:
zuvuyeay said:
a sell out on sunday they say,close to mexico who have a lot of fans and people fyling in for the new GP track they reckon so thats good,they haven't really given me a birdseye view o fthe track but no doubt see it over the weekend

If it is sold out it is probably more due to Americans and other foreigners than Mexicans.  Just saying... Probably not too many rich Mexicans coming up to help sell it out.  I just think your assumption is off.

that's what the telly people said not me,

formula 1 isn't for poor people though anyway but they were probably talking about perez fans.it won't get any closer than austin texas if mexicans want to see him,i assume there are quite a lot of mexicans in the usa down there,but again i wouldn't really know

Above & Beyond

DNF: Hamilton

United States Zuv Mill Rain Cone Kowen Jonop Hax Bren
1st

Hamilton
2nd  

Alonso
3rd

Massa
Retiree
Kobayashi

Schumacher

Karthikeyan
Score              

already committed to kobyashi mill,rules is rules

Above & Beyond