By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Abu Dhabi - FORMULA 1 2015

The Fury said:
There is apparently some issue with Vettel making an illegal move under yellow flag. If people decide to investigate it he could be docked 20 seconds putting him 1 point below Alonso, so he would be champion.

On a logically stand point, if a claim is made, they need to investigate it. If he is at fault, he should be docked seconds, just like they would any other time in the season.

On a personal stand point, I wanted Alonso to win overall because of his consistancy in a worse car then Red Bull and McLaren. He did some amazing drives to get on as many podiums as possible to get himself in that position.

i saw something in the paper today,looks like bernie has dismissed the ferrari appeals,no one seems to talking about it though,i did miss the post race progranne so not sure what everybody thought at the time

Above & Beyond

Around the Network

HRT absent from 2013 FIA entry list 01 Dec 2012

Formula One racing’s governing body, the FIA, has published the entry list for the 2013 FIA Formula One World Championship. It features 11 teams, with HRT missing from the line-up.

HRT owners Thesan Capital made it known publically last month that they were looking for a buyer for the Spanish team, who joined the grid in 2010 along with Caterham and Marussia, and whose future now looks uncertain.

The rest of the entry list is as expected. Several drivers who have been confirmed by their respective 2013 teams are absent, thought to be because their car numbers are yet to be finalised.

Those drivers are Nico Hulkenberg and Esteban Gutierrez at Sauber, Jean-Eric Vergne and Daniel Ricciardo at Toro Rosso, Charles Pic at Caterham and Timo Glock at Marussia.

The FIA entry list in full:
1 Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull
2 Mark Webber, Red Bull
3 Fernando Alonso, Ferrari
4 Felipe Massa, Ferrari
5 Jenson Button, McLaren
6 Sergio Perez, McLaren
7 Kimi Raikkonen, Lotus
8 TBA, Lotus
9 Nico Rosberg, Mercedes
10 Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes
11 TBA, Sauber
12 TBA, Sauber
14 TBA, Force India
15 TBA, Force India
16 Pastor Maldonado, Williams
17 Valtteri Bottas, Williams
18 TBA, Toro Rosso
19 TBA, Toro Rosso
20 TBA, Caterham
21 TBA, Caterham
22 TBA, Marussia
23 TBA, Marussia

Source: Formula1.com

hrt didn't make it then and bottas is with williams and maldonado

long way togo now,feb isn't it or march

Above & Beyond

zuvuyeay said:

March 17 :(, oh well at least it'll be the first time I watch the AUS GP Live on telly.

Proclus said:
zuvuyeay said:

March 17 :(, oh well at least it'll be the first time I watch the AUS GP Live on telly.

do you usually miss it or soemthing,you live in aus don't you

Above & Beyond

Around the Network

FIA tweaks rules ahead of 2013 season

The FIA has confirmed a number of changes to the Formula One sporting and technical regulations ahead of the 2013 season, following a meeting of the World Motor Sport Council (WMSC) in Istanbul, Turkey on Wednesday.

There will be two major changes to the 2013 sporting regulations. Firstly, from next season drivers will only be able to utilise the Drag Reduction System (DRS) overtaking aid within designated DRS zones during practice and qualifying for safety reasons. Previously drivers had been free to deploy the system as they pleased in these sessions.

Secondly, the team personnel curfew - which prevents team members from being in the paddock during specified periods - has been extended from six to eight hours on Thursday nights. The number of exceptions allowed during a season has also been reduced from four to two.

The WMSC also ratified a number of changes to the technical regulations. They include the introduction of more stringent front wing deflection tests to prevent teams from using flexible bodywork to enhance aerodynamic performance; an increase in minimum car weight to compensate for the increased weight of the 2013 tyres; and the deletion of the ‘force majeure’ allowance relating to when a car stops on the track during qualifying. From the start of the 2013 season the FIA will determine how much fuel the car would have used to get back to the pits and add it to the one litre minimum sample.

There have also been several tweaks to the 2014 regulations. The requirement for cars to be driven exclusively under electric power in the pit lane has been postponed until 2017 and changes made to bodywork design, originally aimed at reducing downforce and drag for increased efficiency, have reverted to the 2012 specification. The minimum weight limit has also been raised to compensate for the additional weight of the new 2014 power units.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2012/12/14151.html

FIA announces 2013 calendar changes 05 Dec 2012

Following a meeting of its World Motor Sport Council (WMSC) in Istanbul, Turkey on Wednesday, Formula One racing’s governing body, the FIA, has revealed revisions to the 2013 calendar.

The German round has been moved forward a week to July 7, and an additional date of July 21 has been reserved for another F1 European event, subject to the approval of the relevant national sporting authorities (ASNs).

The 2013 calendar in full:
17/03 Australia
24/03 Malaysia
14/04 China
21/04 Bahrain
12/05 Spain
26/05 Monaco
09/06 Canada
30/06 Great Britain
07/07 Germany
21/07 Reserved for another European event*
28/07 Hungary
25/08 Belgium
08/09 Italy
22/09 Singapore
06/10 Korea
13/10 Japan
27/10 India
03/11 Abu Dhabi
17/11 USA
24/11 Brazil
*subject to the approval of the relevant ASNs

Germany clashes with MotoGP and DTM, not sure wtf they were thinking...

don't know why they don't just scrap DRS for qualy,they should jsut have a straight shoot out ut i guess its the same as the race now,

wonder who gets the euro gp it was valaencia,turkey was rumoured maybe france

Above & Beyond

Max Chilton confirmed at Marussia for 2013 then, good to see him get a chance, hopefully he does well.

can't believe Force India might go for average driver and ex-con Sutil ahead of the other options out there, he must have a ton of sponsors cause otherwise it's a barmy move and sends a poor message out about the sport.

Lotus have announced that Romain Grosjean will again partner Kimi Raikkonen next year, giving the team an unchanged driver line-up for the 2013 season.

Grosjean made his return to F1 competition with Lotus in 2012, having won the GP2 Series title in 2011, and scored three podium results - in Bahrain (P3), Canada (P2) and Hungary (P3) - en route to eighth place in the drivers’ championship.

“It’s fantastic for me to be continuing with Lotus F1 Team for 2013,” said Grosjean. “It’s superb to have the support of everyone at Enstone. I’m really looking forward to rewarding their faith when we take to the track in Australia.”

“I learnt a lot in my first full season in Formula One and my aim is to put these lessons into practice with stronger and more consistent performance on track next year," added the Frenchman, who earned a one-race ban for triggering a first-corner pile-up at September's Belgian round.

“There are a lot of exciting developments occurring behind the scenes at Enstone and I am very excited with the prospect of the E21. I’ve already had my seat fitting and spoken with all the personnel involved with the build of the new car; I just can’t wait to get behind the wheel.”

Eric Boullier, Lotus team principal, added: “Romain is a great talent and we are pleased that he is continuing with us for a second season. With the continuity of two exceptional drivers like Romain and Kimi we are well placed to build on our strong 2012 with even better results in the year ahead.

“Both drivers worked very well together in their first year as team mates, and I think there is the potential of even better things from the season ahead. We were regular visitors to podiums in 2012 and we certainly intend to continue with this trend in 2013.”

The Raikkonen-Grosjean partnership took Lotus to fourth place in the 2012 constructors’ championship.

Source: f1.com