By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 Firmware 1.7 Released

http://games.gearlive.com/playfeed/article/q107-ps3-firmware-170-adds-rumble-for-ps1-ps2-games-04182020/

Some nice features: 

1.  New PS1 downloads will be playable on the PS3 along with the PSP. 

2.  Game saves can be transfered from PS3 to PSP and vice-versa so you can play PS1 games on the road and then on your TV/Monitor on the PS3. 

3.  Rumble is back for PS1 and PS2 games.  Right now that means hooking up a dual shock 2 with a USB adapter but I'm sure that means future controllers for the PS3 will also work.

Nice update.  I can now start FF2 and play it on both the PS3 and PSP. 

Around the Network

Nice update this :D

windbane said:

http://games.gearlive.com/playfeed/article/q107-ps3-firmware-170-adds-rumble-for-ps1-ps2-games-04182020/

Some nice features:

1. New PS1 downloads will be playable on the PS3 along with the PSP.

2. Game saves can be transfered from PS3 to PSP and vice-versa so you can play PS1 games on the road and then on your TV/Monitor on the PS3.

3. Rumble is back for PS1 and PS2 games. Right now that means hooking up a dual shock 2 with a USB adapter but I'm sure that means future controllers for the PS3 will also work.

Nice update. I can now start FF2 and play it on both the PS3 and PSP.

Since Sony got that business with Immersion behind them, and are now working to put rumble back in the system, I would say it is likely to help with future PS3 games. BTW, does that also mean a future update will allow the PS3 Guitar Hero controller to work, if it doesn't already?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Yeah, apparently now all PS1 and PS2 controllers work with the PS3.  Just need a USB adapter.  I've heard this also includes the Guitar Hero controller (for 1 and 2) as well as any rumble features.