By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Blu players going up in price

Since the WB announcement, all BD 1.0 SALs have gone up in price ~$100.

They need to liquidate these players and bring in the 1.1's

http://highdefforum.com/showthread.php?t=61222

This is the reason I will never buy a brand new bluray player.

If I'm ever forced to purchase blu it'll be a used machine because I don't support such business practices.

Around the Network

Wait, so they get a major new studio and then raise the price?

Talk about letting HDDVD off the ropes.

I think its possible but they didn't show any link to any actual statement or ad showing that the prices indeed went up so not believing it yet.

My thoughts also, talk about a bunch of over confident punk B***h bastards!!!

Go to Amazon, no more sub 300 dollar blu's. Expect to get no more blu movie deals either.

Around the Network

And people were thinking that DVD was going to keep dominating... Now this will show them, a real treat for the customers! :P

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

B***h means? o.O

Also yeah, any proof of this? It seems very random.

Looks like the PS3 is back to being the cheapest available blu ray player then...w00t?

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

dont worry about it. If you paid any attention to the CES press events today there has been new players announced that range from $350 for low-end to $700 for high-end which is surprisingly cheap for high-end.

Also Sony is releasing a sub $200 PC drive. Any price increases right now isnt from the CE companies its retailers being dicks.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

All you did was link to some random guy making a claim. What bullshit.