By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii U vs PS4 vs Xbox One FULL SPECS (January 24, 2014)

Updated OP for PS4 now.

Updated price and removed label that PS4 eye was packed in as its clearly not in that $399 package.

Around the Network

One minor addition regarding the eSRAM of the XBox One:
Isn't 102 GB/s the combined bidirectional bandwidth? So: 51 GB/s Read and 51 GB/s Write? I think that the read speed is more important for comparing the bandwidth of different consoles to each other. But you could just list both values.

Sirius87 said:
Isn't 102 GB/s the combined bidirectional bandwidth? So: 51 GB/s Read and 51 GB/s Write? I think that the read speed is more important for comparing the bandwidth of different consoles to each other. But you could just list both values.

I don't beleive so. Pretty sure its 102GB/s regardless of read or write.

superchunk said:
Sirius87 said:

I don't beleive so. Pretty sure its 102GB/s regardless of read or write.

You seem to be right. Just disregard my post then.

I think I confused the Xbox One with the Intel Iris Pro 5200 there.

Fine tuned a bit and changed title.

At this point its pretty much finished until break downs happen to finalize any little details.

This OP is great for posterity and arguments 5yrs from now. :)

Around the Network

The guys in E3 are saying the PS4 OS uses 1GB of RAM.

http://www.twitch.tv/giantbomb/b/416256218

Jump to 49:07

Richard has heard 1GB too.

The killzone slides released last month showed only six cores in use for the game... I think the OS uses 2 cores.

ethomaz said:
The guys in E3 are saying the PS4 OS uses 1GB of RAM.

http://www.twitch.tv/giantbomb/b/416256218

Jump to 49:07

Richard has heard 1GB too.

sweet find. Thanks!

EDIT: I heard where they started talking in general about OS ram usage and the thought that MS uses more for OS, but there was quantity provided. :/

ethomaz said:
The killzone slides released last month showed only six cores in use for the game... I think the OS uses 2 cores.

Again, perfect. :) Do you have a link to those slides?

The 7 GB for games was almost expected, don't you think?

I mean, when designing the OS and features the console "only" had 4 GB, so reserving 1 for the OS was the absolut limit without hurting the performance. And when they went with 8... well, why change the OS then?

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.