By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I like how the Sony fanboys accepted the initial numbers as fact, declared victory and are now throwing tantrums when they get adjusted.

I'm a filmmaker, writer, and gamer. Add me on Xbox Live or message me!

XBL Gamertag: StraitupBeastin

Around the Network
RSEagle said:
I like how the Sony fanboys accepted the initial numbers as fact, declared victory and are now throwing tantrums when they get adjusted.

QFT!!!

I would have never imagined the Sony fanboys would be this bitter over seeing Sony's numbers corrected. I can't imagine how infuriated ioi must feel with all these amateurs trying to throw anecdotal and circumstantial evidence at him as reasons to question his numbers.

LastManStanding said:

¿Is a survey a reliable source?

As reliable as projections from collected data from 2% retailers, or what ever is with Europe. Thats what VG Chartz makes.

So, the surveys puts the PS3 at 500k VGChartz puts the PS3 at 433k

Is like a 13% off according to the survey, if the survey has the same reliability as VGChartz (From your last paragraph)

¿why should the numbers be changed? (Edit) Or ¿why ioi's number are wrong?

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
RSEagle said:

I'm not defending the early numbers. If lOl corrected the numbers because he as more data I think thats great.

This is so pathetic.

Grow up ioi, this is why your site is banned or considered a joke on every gaming forum on the Net.

Around the Network
FJ-Warez said:
LastManStanding said:

¿Is a survey a reliable source?

As reliable as projections from collected data from 2% retailers, or what ever is with Europe. Thats what VG Chartz makes.

Is like a 13% off according to the survey, if the survey has the same reliability as VGChartz (From your last paragraph)

The surveys doesn't puts the PS3 at 500k, it says that 5% households have a ps3 and only 4% goes to Xbox360. It's in the second link that they put the ps3 at 500k acording to their source.

LastManStanding said:
FJ-Warez said:

The surveys doesn't puts the PS3 at 500k, it says that 5% households have a ps3 and only 4% goes to Xbox360. It's in the second link that they put the ps3 at 500k acording to their source.

Even worse, how can we take the numbers as the right ones without a source?

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

wow ps3 sales dropped like that and not anyone else... it is what it is i guess.. ..

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

My philosophy is very simple :

First ,the only data we have for real about "Others " is the French one with 500K for both machines as LTD number so effectively PS3 undertracked adn 360 overtracked there.I understand Ioi doesnt want to use it as we have received it as leaked and through other sites ,but I kinda trust that info.It coincides with what the MS representative told in "les Echos".

Second ,NPD data for october and december was way less for the 360 and regarding the PS3 it was about the same for october (slighty less ) and definitely more for the PS3 as the combined USA+Canada weighed 517K units so some 75K more than tracked here.We dont have a clue yet for NPD data for december so I wont make my mind until I see those and take as good the sites ones for now.

We also have some German info issued from GFk too ,the Spanish 400K number BEFORE the holiday session.Well ,not too much but enough to have some impressions .

I am not speaking the Wii right now .I am under the impression it was being undertracked in my own country as the PS3 is maybe outselling it but not definitely in the more than 2-1 ratio we have been seeing .The Wii isnt sold out everywhere here but has sold very well the christmas ,the PS3 is moving very fast too but the only way it could be doing more than 2 to 1 would be if the Wii definitely had shipments issues.

So in the two sets what I do see is the PS3 slighty undertracked and the 360 overtracked .The Wii I dont know so not speaking .Seeing the PS3 numbers adjusted to the low end and the 360 untouched just seems wrong .I am not saying it cant be ,just that for the few leaked data we have it doesnt sound like it..just the opposite in fact .Maybe its true and the PS3 is overtracked ,but then the 360 is overtracked in an ever greater magnitude.

Other data is the shipments number from MS .If they have shipped 17.7 million (and that includes replacements and everything ) and seeing as last year they claimed 10.4 when they werent even in the 8 million I think definitely the 15 million sold is a way better bet than 16 with something.

I am just saying what I think about this and dont think its so unreasonable.Its not as if I was making numbers myself.

My philosophy is very simple :

First ,the only data we have for real about "Others " is the French one with 500K for both machines as LTD number so effectively PS3 undertracked adn 360 overtracked there.I understand Ioi doesnt want to use it as we have received it as leaked and through other sites ,but I kinda trust that info.It coincides with what the MS representative told in "les Echos".

Second ,NPD data for october and december was way less for the 360 and regarding the PS3 it was about the same for october (slighty less ) and definitely more for the PS3 as the combined USA+Canada weighed 517K units so some 75K more than tracked here.We dont have a clue yet for NPD data for december so I wont make my mind until I see those and take as good the sites ones for now.

We also have some German info issued from GFk too ,the Spanish 400K number BEFORE the holiday session.Well ,not too much but enough to have some impressions .

I am not speaking the Wii right now .I am under the impression it was being undertracked in my own country as the PS3 is maybe outselling it but not definitely in the more than 2-1 ratio we have been seeing .The Wii isnt sold out everywhere here but has sold very well the christmas ,the PS3 is moving very fast too but the only way it could be doing more than 2 to 1 would be if the Wii definitely had shipments issues.

So in the two sets what I do see is the PS3 slighty undertracked and the 360 overtracked .The Wii I dont know so not speaking .Seeing the PS3 numbers adjusted to the low end and the 360 untouched just seems wrong .I am not saying it cant be ,just that for the few leaked data we have it doesnt sound like it..just the opposite in fact .Maybe its true and the PS3 is overtracked ,but then the 360 is overtracked in an ever greater magnitude.

Other data is the shipments number from MS .If they have shipped 17.7 million (and that includes replacements and everything ) and seeing as last year they claimed 10.4 when they werent even in the 8 million I think definitely the 15 million sold is a way better bet than 16 with something.

I am just saying what I think about this and dont think its so unreasonable.Its not as if I was making numbers myself.