By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FFXIV: Square considering Vita and smartphone support, “continuing talks” with MS over 360 version

Wagram said:
twesterm said:
Wagram said:
twesterm said:
Wagram said:
arcane_chaos said:
who cares...this game has become nothing but a giant clusterf*ck

I care and people who still play XIV care.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that no one else does.

They know the game sucks, that's why they are REMAKING it.

I don't know, I kind of agree with him.  We all know I've been hard on FFXIV but it kind of deserves it and the upcoming year doesn't look good for it either.

As soon as they start making people actually pay for it (and they will literally be paying for a beta since the real version releases in November 2012), A LOT of people are going to leave and never ever come back.  As soon as The Old Republic releases the next month, even more people are going to leave.  After that, it will just be a slow and painful death for the game until it reaches November 2012 (or should say if it releases in November 2012).

The game just isn't good.  It had some excellent ideas, but failed on them and the things it does decently other games do better.  Hell, even in 2012 they're going to shoot themselves in the foot by having a competing MMO, Dragon Quest X.

It's cool you're sticking with XIV, but don't be delusional in thinking that it will ever turn into something little more than it currently is.  It's a sinking ship that SE is desperately trying to keep up but that boat is already sunk.

On topic, it would be cool to have an actual MMO on a portable.  If FFXIV were actually good and I played it, I would probably buy a Vita for that.  As for the 360, I would be willing to bet that it has nothing to do with the game also being on the PS3. Your previous post talking about that is just crazy conspiracy theory crap.

I read that in an interview with Tanaka some time back. Not my own personal opinion. I would love for the game to be on the 360.

I just find it appaling that some people are just not willing to give the game a second chance. They are remaking it (fixing everything thats broken) and then letting players retry it for awhile all at free cost. How exactly is that a bad thing?

Before making the conspiracy theory comment I did a quick search just to make sure I wasn't blatantly wrong and did see anything.  If there's an interview, please link it.

As for the for free thing, it won't be free next month but it won't actually be fixed until a year later.  Again, you will literally be paying a monthly subscription fee for a beta.  As for why I gave up on it, a free bad game is still a bad game.  I don't have a lot of time to game and I'd rather use that time on better games.  It's cool that you like it and the hundreds of other people that play (I kid, thousands) but it's still a pretty bad MMO.  Pretty much all the other MMO's out there completely out shine it in most every way.

That's why you should take a break and come back for 2.0 when you get that additional 30 days free to retry it when it is rebooted :)

I probably will if they don't make me use it in November or December of 2012 and let me wait until January of 2013 since those months will be busy with other games I assume.

Around the Network

maybe should spend less time getting phones to connect through the game and more time actually making the game... just a thought

only people who are playing all the way until v2.0 will get to see/play the events and know why the areas are changing. game lore wise of course. something to do with meteor I assume.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Wagram said:
arcane_chaos said:

right on

All of this, of course, is just my opinion.

Skyrim 100%'d. Dark Souls 100%'d. 
Dark Souls > Skyrim.
Halo 4 is the best damn FPS since Halo 3.
Proud pre-orderer of 2 PS4's and an Xbox One. 

Currently Playing: Dark Souls II, South Park
Playstation 4: MGS V GZ, Killzone: Shadow Fall, NBA 2k14.

PureDante said:
Wagram said:
arcane_chaos said:

right on

The problem is though is that people are assuming because they're remaking it, it's going to be good.  That's a bad assumption, especially with how poorly they have already done with it.

Don't get me wrong, I want version 2.0 to be good because FFXI was my favorite MMO ever but it has some pretty steep hills to climb.  Again, it's cool that people like it and play it, that's their own choice, but it is currently a very bad game.  Version 2.0 may fix that or it may just polish a turd.  Hell, it may even fix it but by that point the game may already be outdated (which isn't hard to imagine since it's outdated already).

Around the Network
twesterm said:
PureDante said:
Wagram said:
arcane_chaos said:

right on

The problem is though is that people are assuming because they're remaking it, it's going to be good.  That's a bad assumption, especially with how poorly they have already done with it.

Don't get me wrong, I want version 2.0 to be good because FFXI was my favorite MMO ever but it has some pretty steep hills to climb.  Again, it's cool that people like it and play it, that's their own choice, but it is currently a very bad game.  Version 2.0 may fix that or it may just polish a turd.  Hell, it may even fix it but by that point the game may already be outdated (which isn't hard to imagine since it's outdated already).

Of course it could turn out to be a pile of crap but it is also unfair to pre judge the game. We'll just have to wait and see. The only thing we can do now is hope.

Wagram said:
twesterm said:
PureDante said:
Wagram said:
arcane_chaos said:

right on

Of course it could turn out to be a pile of crap but it is also unfair to pre judge the game. We'll just have to wait and see. The only thing we can do now is hope.

To be fair, there are a bunch of people pre-judging that the game will be good and you're not getting onto them. 

I'm almost positive we'll see PS Vita and Wii U versions of FFXIV. Really no reason not to.

Sounds like MS isn't going to budge though. Dumb move on their part.

I can respect this, keep your promises and get the game to PS3, nothing wrong with that. I hope they have this same policy with Versus, not that I dont want 360 only owners to enjoy it, but these games have been in the oven long enough already, no more delays

i hope versus comes out first. perhaps they'll add a early access beta code and a few extra exclusive gears with the release of versus 13. i hear some people talking about it, so i think its a good idea

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5