By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September NPD: X360 #1 438k, PS3 374k, Wii 240k, 3DS 260k, DS 145k

Will the NDS pass 50 million?

Yes! 65 61.32%

No 10 9.43%

I'm on the fence 12 11.32%

See Results 18 16.98%

Total:105
Seece said:
megaman79 said:
So taking into account the Wallmart adjustment plan (Pachter - 25% of total US Sales, estimated by NPD through market surveys of WM consumers about their purchasing habits for the month), does that mean Wii and 3DS actually sold 300k and 325k respectively?

If you like wishful thinking, sure. I guess that means 360 was above 500k and PS3 above 400k!

Perhaps, but its much more likely an error on the side of Wii and DS games, and consoles, since it was Toy Story and Lego Star Wars Pachter gave as examples of this error hypothesis.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network
megaman79 said:
Seece said:
megaman79 said:
So taking into account the Wallmart adjustment plan (Pachter - 25% of total US Sales, estimated by NPD through market surveys of WM consumers about their purchasing habits for the month), does that mean Wii and 3DS actually sold 300k and 325k respectively?

If you like wishful thinking, sure. I guess that means 360 was above 500k and PS3 above 400k!

Perhaps, but its much more likely an error on the side of Wii and DS games, and consoles, since it was Toy Story and Lego Star Wars Pachter gave as examples of this error hypothesis.

This is actually the worst damage control I've seen all year, bravo!

Better than expected for the PS3. Americans sure love their Xboxes though.

BTW, isn't wal-mart now included?  Didn't they decide to report their figures?

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Xbox 360 August 77K a week-September 87K a week
PS3 August 54.5K a week-September 74.8K a week
3DS August 58.75K a week-September 52K a week
Wii August 47.5K a week-September 48K a week

pezus said:
D-Joe said:
pezus said:
enrageorange said:
I really wonder how vcg reacts to these numbers. I mean they basically ignored the 360 npd numbers these past few months so I assume they think their tracking is more accurate(maybe it is who knows), so does that mean the ps3 and 3ds won't get adjusted? or meet the npd halfway? or they only ignore xbox 360 npd numbers?

I think VGC have stealth adjusted 360 a bit, long after the reports. Could be wrong though.

oh i remember,June's VGC 360 numbers is about 300k and NPD is 500k,did they adjusted?

I'll check the sales right now

Edit: June sales almost exactly 400k in Americas for June, so about 350k in USA. While NPD had it at 507k o.O

But to be fair, NPD YTD 360 sales are about 3.45m while VGC has it at 3.3m approximately. That's still within 10%

so VGC don't need to adjust anymore,just need to put more undertracked hardware numbers in next few weeks to make it within 10% YTD

Around the Network

Wait how much is 3DS overtracked in the U.S? I thought VGChartz covers the entire region of North and South America? Nintendo NEEDS to Kill the DS!!!!!

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

pezus said:
D-Joe said:
pezus said:
D-Joe said:
pezus said:
enrageorange said:
I really wonder how vcg reacts to these numbers. I mean they basically ignored the 360 npd numbers these past few months so I assume they think their tracking is more accurate(maybe it is who knows), so does that mean the ps3 and 3ds won't get adjusted? or meet the npd halfway? or they only ignore xbox 360 npd numbers?

I think VGC have stealth adjusted 360 a bit, long after the reports. Could be wrong though.

oh i remember,June's VGC 360 numbers is about 300k and NPD is 500k,did they adjusted?

I'll check the sales right now

Edit: June sales almost exactly 400k in Americas for June, so about 350k in USA. While NPD had it at 507k o.O

But to be fair, NPD YTD 360 sales are about 3.45m while VGC has it at 3.3m approximately. That's still within 10%

so VGC don't need to adjust anymore,just need to put more undertracked hardware numbers in next few weeks to make it within 10% YTD

Well, this month was not within 10%. So I guess that's theirs to decide

so why use YTD?

FinalEvangelion said:

Better than expected for the PS3. Americans sure love their Xboxes though.

BTW, isn't wal-mart now included?  Didn't they decide to report their figures?

Yes, Wall Mart is now once again included in NPD data so you can't blame them for innacuracy.

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

I wish I could take 140k from the Wii and add that to the 3DS

Anyway the big news in NPD report is the 3DS numbers.
It's a poor number considering the 40% price cut that happened a couple months ago..
This does not bode well at all for the 3DS...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !