By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September NPD: X360 #1 438k, PS3 374k, Wii 240k, 3DS 260k, DS 145k

Will the NDS pass 50 million?

Yes! 65 61.32%

No 10 9.43%

I'm on the fence 12 11.32%

See Results 18 16.98%

Total:105

So have the PS3 won any NPD months after the price cut?

Around the Network
Seece said:
thismeintiel said:
Seece said:

Er no, that was all speculation on if they could release their numbers or not.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/03/28/npd-don-39-t-give-the-media-our-numbers.aspx

video game analysts

Should read the first line.

Ah, you have won this battle.  But, the war is far from over.  Muahahahahaha!!

Anyway... Wow, the PS3 was undertracked by quite a bit, while the reverse happened with the 3DS.  Seems like the VGC can get pretty damn close with the 360, though.  Wonder why that is.  I guess they have just figured most of the variables for it.  Also, this definitely makes the price cut for the PS3 look much healthier than before.  And I guess the 3DS price cut less healthy by comparison.

So taking into account the Wallmart adjustment plan (Pachter - 25% of total US Sales, estimated by NPD through market surveys of WM consumers about their purchasing habits for the month), does that mean Wii and 3DS actually sold 300k and 325k respectively?

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Good 360 sales this month! So how close is PS3 and Wii this year from NPD numbers?

megaman79 said:
So taking into account the Wallmart adjustment plan (Pachter - 25% of total US Sales, estimated by NPD through market surveys of WM consumers about their purchasing habits for the month), does that mean Wii and 3DS actually sold 300k and 325k respectively?

If you like wishful thinking, sure. I guess that means 360 was above 500k and PS3 above 400k!

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
thismeintiel said:

Ah, you have won this battle.  But, the war is far from over.  Muahahahahaha!!

Anyway... Wow, the PS3 was undertracked by quite a bit, while the reverse happened with the 3DS.  Seems like the VGC can get pretty damn close with the 360, though.  Wonder why that is.  I guess they have just figured most of the variables for it.  Also, this definitely makes the price cut for the PS3 look much healthier than before.  And I guess the 3DS price cut less healthy by comparison.

No, it makes the 3DS price cut healthier too. Nintendo loses less money this way.

Hmm, I too am starting to see your logic.  Go, Nintendo!!

bonkers555 said:
So have the PS3 won any NPD months after the price cut?

It had no chance with Gears 3 and XBOX360 still 50$ cheaper. 

Blood_Tears said:
Good 360 sales this month! So how close is PS3 and Wii this year from NPD numbers?

YTD
DS 2,663,732
360 3,446,214
PS3 2,434,948
Wii 2,364,870
3DS 1,417,000

LTD
DS 50,000,000 (My number is incorrect. If anyone wants to help me fix my error I'd appreciate it)
360 28,841,373
PS3 17,896,921
Wii 36,514,494
3DS 1,417,000

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31792510&postcount=128

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

nice PS3 numbers wonder if VGC has under tracked it the past month or so else where

360 still beasting i see, take some notes sony thats what happens when you release a hardcore M rated TPS with an epic story, full campaign co-op, and horde mode

Play Me

Even with price cuts the 360 still couldnt be toppled.