By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - why isn't Carl Rove charged with money laundering?

If you watched the Colbert Report episodes for Oct 5th and 6th, you'll know what I am talking about.

Around the Network

I don't know what you're talking about, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is for the same reason why Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner wasn't charged with tax evasion ...

HappySqurriel said:
I don't know what you're talking about, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is for the same reason why Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner wasn't charged with tax evasion ...

It pretty much is. Technically within the law yet lacking any moral reason. 

spurgeonryan said:
I dont know what you are talking about. No links, videos, explaination!

Basically, he created a super pac and another shell "pac".

The official pac would have to disclose all donors while the shell one doesn't have to disclose anything.

So, you can donate anonymously if you donate to the shell one and then the money from the shell one is transfered to the official pac.

Something like that.

Because it's not money laundering.

Money laundering is when you disguise illegal sources of money as legal.

While this is someone taking legal money and moving it to the company they want to anonymously.

It's questionable, not illegal though.

I wonder how they get away with donating to the Super Pac though since those Pacs are only supposed to spend on issue related messages. Seems like a Super Pac would be the opposite of that unless had receipts for exactly what it was being spent on....

in which case... what's the point of the super pac?