By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - System loudness

After playing all the systems and having them on all next to each other i have to say that the loudest system is the 360 by far, the system sounds like a leaf blower sometimes, the wii is second with the fan making alot of noise for its size, but still nothing on the 360, its comparable to the PS2.

Now the PS3 by far makes the lowest amount of sound, i was very surprised by this considering how small the wii is, the PS3 makes so little noise most times you cannot tell its on. Just some useless information for you all to read, enjoy your system of choice.

Around the Network

ahhah i chuckled when i read the title.. My friend got a xbox 3600 and its RROD now hes got a high powerd fan now THATS loud.

Edit:xbox 3600 (10 years from now) 

Own all Sony Stuff PS123P

Feburday 28th will be a Owner of a Wii

Currently playing: Need for Speed Pro Street

Games i own:
NEED FOR SPEED PRO STREET ,DW6 ,WARHAWK ,COD4,JUICED 2 ,RESISTANCE, MOTORSTORM

Games im lookin forward to:
UT3 (Ps3) , HAZE (Ps3) , KZ2 (Ps3) , MGS4 (Ps3) , SSBB (WII) , GT5 (Ps3) LBP (Ps3)
08 Predictions

Wii: 45,000,000
Ds: 90,000,000
PS3: 25,000,000
PSP: 40,000,000
360: 26,000,000

My Wii makes a fairly loud buzzing sound. I have to turn up the volume on games to drown it out.

I dunno while idle.. my Wii is almost completely silent only when it's loading something which isn't even 100% of the time while playing..My PS3 runs a little louder and my 360 sounds like it's trying to attempt a blast off.

The Wii's fan is loud because it's small: The smaller the fan the louder it will be. Quite simple knowledge.

My Wii is quite loud, but as you may know (if you've read some of my past posts), I won't hear it. I don't need to turn the volume up to drown it hehe.

My PC on the other hand... :)

Around the Network

My wii's dvd drive is kind of loud (not nearly as much as a 360 though), but otherwise it is okay. My PS3's "real" fan speed (not at idle - playing games or upscaling dvd's) is louder than my wii. I had a 360 a while back and it sounded like they used the cheapest fan and loudest dvd drive possible when constructing it.

My wii goes though different stages for some games. Like when I play Red steel it's noisy as heck, but when I play SMG the Wii is as silent as it was when it's turned off (almost).