By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: No PSN Unless You Waive Lawsuit

Hmm those User term agreements are practically worthless in a lot of countries since the law is the thing that determins your rights especially since the terms are all made to make it work with the USA Law (if at all) and other laws are not even considered. Since the USA is the only place where you can make serious cash out of your own stupidity it makes kinda sense though.

I never read those things anyway, nothing they write could ever affect me. Those Agreements have another purpose. They are made to make people think that they are important. I wonder which laws are guilty the country you agreed to the terms or the country you currently are. You made the contract for example in europe and its void there anyway. You go back to USA so you basically never made an agreement in USA.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
deskpro2k3 said:
omgosh now i cant sue!!!

c'mon people.. thats what most of you sound like lol. i'm lmao here

It's not that I plan to sue.  I just want to reap the benefits if there is a law suit.  I barely played on the PSN before the hack.  I've barely played my PS3 since.  Still, it's a moot point for me, now.  My kid jumped on LBP online (and Netflix) yesterday and SHE accepted the terms.  No solid gold hat for me, now.  :(

it only affects class action lawsuit, so you can still sue them if you want to. but groupies (e.g. YLOD Victims' Association or I don't Want A 2nd Job Movement) can no longer sue them.

thats how I understand it anyway, I'm no expert in legal issues and I can't be bothered to carefully study through everything.