By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - MEGATON! Monster Hunter 4 for 3DS!

shitstorm incoming: http://www.facebook.com/monsterhunter

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Sooo...it doesn't seem that MH4 was announced at Sony's conference...

And let the port begging begin!

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

Christian973 said:
Soriku said:

I would have bet my first born that there would be at least 1 MH title. Good thing I wasn't in a gambling mood.

I'd wager it'll be a timed exclusive at the least if Sony didn't say anything about it when Nintendo already had.

VGChartz

Christian973 said:
Soriku said:

lol

*Already started on the MH facebook page

I was pretty surprised with the lack of MH VITA at the conference

Around the Network

I know this isn't a popular view. But I am 99% sure this game will be cancelled if MH3G fails to sell around a million copies. The game is way early in development I'm guessing Nintendo put alot of pressure on Capcom to show the title to show consumers that something really big was coming from a third party.

But I'd expect that this game will launch in 2013 if it does. But Capcom's shares dropped by over 8% upon announcing MH4 for 3DS, I suspect that share holders will do everything they can to see the game cancelled. If MH3G fails to sell well I have no doubt that the investors will be able to convince Capcom to ditch MH4 for 3DS. It might get ported to Vita or brought to one of the next home consoles.

I remember MH3 being announced for PS3, however when PS3 sales were doing poorly development was shifted to Wii. In the same way if MH3G fails to perform very well I think MH4 will be brought to Vita or another home platform rather then 3DS.

Infact I highly doubt we will see MH4 on 3DS, its way to early to announce the game. Their is a lot that can happen by 2013 and the development will likely be shifted, unless MH3G really sells very well! Even with it selling well I think they will likely port MH4 to Vita or cancel it all together.

Not to mention I am sure alot of pressure is being applied by Sony and their user base, not to mention this investor pressure with Capcom loosing 8% share in stock. Its going to be very hard for Capcom to deliver MH4 for 3DS!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Just read through this entire thread and it seems a lot of people are unhappy and/or downplaying this announcement. But no matter how you slice it, it is most definitely a MEGATON announcement and a serious blow to Sony.

I wonder if just the mere announcement of this title will boost 3DS sales next week.

Christian973 said:
Soriku said:

lol...I was thinking the same thing!!! That and wild rumours about the game already in development despite no concrete proof!!!  I'm still waiting for the Muramasa, Arc Rise, original LKS port for the HD systems (which at this point in the current generation is really pointless).  Great coup d'etat for the 3DS, one which in my opinion will help determine the fate of the handheld systems!!!

This game will neither be cancelled nor released on the PS Vita. This is a 3DS exclusive game.

Capcom already had Monster Hunter 3 on the Wii to test the waters. If that game had underperformed they would have already scrapped the 3DS versions.

This is not a "test" game, Capcom is going all out on this one. They not only announced one game but two and Nintendo even developed a peripheral with a second stick and more buttons to get this game, something very dangerous to do for obvious reasons. Plus you can bet there will be a huge advertising campaign, special hardware bundles and Nintendo is definitely going to publish and market this game in the west. Hell, Nintendo even stated the 3DS price was mainly cut to please developers.

You can bet your ... Nintendo has this game locked and sealed with all sorts of contracts.

Also, Capcom has a full blown Resident Evil on the 3DS and a spin-off. It must have taken months if not years for Nintendo to achieve this. They've got multiple iterations of their two biggest franchises on this platform.
Capcom just went "all in" on the 3DS.

Advertisements have already started for Tri G.

Yeah..they are going all out with this title in Japan not to mention Tri G already shot up to #1 on the video games Amazon charts.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909