By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Stephen King now has his own...radio talk show?

Hmm, interesting. Last King film I watched was the Mist

Around the Network

Stephen King...the next Howard Stern???

"I don't know what this Yamcha is, but it sounds just like Raditz."

spurgeonryan said:
It was an alright movie. It was a little different than the book though I think. Don't they get rescued in the movie?

You just said you watched it

He used to give his opinion on everything on the last page of Entertainment Weekly for years. I guess this is a logical transition. I just hope he has a flashback of Creepshow and yells, "Meteor shit!!" for no apparent reason.

@spurgeonryan, his performance in Creepshow was quite possibly the greatest performance of a man being turned into grass by meteor shit that the world has ever seen.

Around the Network

Not trying to spam or anything. I just can't edit a post from my phone. Anyway, it always baffles me when I see a person whom I considered HUGE taking what I consider a step backwards. I mean look at Jeff Goldblum. He stars in some of the biggest films of all time (Jurrasic Park, Independence Day, etc.) and then you find him playing a cop on fucking CSI. How does this happen?

I look at Stephen King. Here's a guy that's written some amazing books (and some shitty ones), made a ton of movies based on his work (ie the incredible movie and even better book, Misery), and eventually he winds up writing articles in magazines and hosting a radio show? Maybe it's just something he wants to do to pass time in his older age. I don'r know. I would just like guys like him, Jeff Goldblum, Geena Davis, and other people whom I considered icons to just disappear rather than lower themselves. It's like finding out that Eminem is going to be a used car salesman or Shigeru Miyamoto is working at Gamestop. I just want to say, "Dude, what happened!?"