By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rule: No Videos, Unoboxings, Reviews, official threads, or general sharing of your experience with Xenoblade till America has it.

As per your request:
(running off Dolphin, click view image for full size)

edit: here's some more (all courtesy of neogaf)

http://h4.abload.de/img/dolphin2011-08-2000-07eruf.jpg

http://h4.abload.de/img/dolphin2011-08-2115-11tqos.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/AtVno.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Ysp1B.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/A0SJz.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Yi02v.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/2uoYN.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/oaY80.jpg

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Around the Network
gumby_trucker said:
Mad55 said:
Well im american and I have it. lolz by way of internet download service. Anyway even if I didnt i would want people to tell me about it.

You pirated the game!?

Dude... that's just wrong. I'm American too and I'm patiently waiting for my copy to arrive in the mail.

I have very little patience for companies who aren't even willing to try to sell me a product.

*Adjusts his eyepatch.*

I'm just correcting a market inefficiency.

I'm a (North) American, I am Xenoblade, and so can you!

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

This thread makes me want to get the game and post a lot of stuff about it.

famousringo said:
gumby_trucker said:
Mad55 said:
Well im american and I have it. lolz by way of internet download service. Anyway even if I didnt i would want people to tell me about it.

You pirated the game!?

Dude... that's just wrong. I'm American too and I'm patiently waiting for my copy to arrive in the mail.

I have very little patience for companies who aren't even willing to try to sell me a product.

*Adjusts his eyepatch.*

Your beef is with NoA, not with Monolith! Which is why you should be buying the PAL version. Support the developer for making such an awesome game, don't punish them because of the publisher's fault!

Your piracy hurts your cause much more than it benefits it in the end of the day. Your $50 are meaningless to a giant like NoA, but definitely not to a small company like Monolith. Don't pretend this is about morals and values if you intend to rob the developer of their well-earned purchase.

the original trolls

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

gumby_trucker said:
famousringo said:

*Adjusts his eyepatch.*

Your beef is with NoA, not with Monolith! Which is why you should be buying the PAL version. Support the developer for making such an awesome game, don't punish them because of the publisher's fault!

Your piracy hurts your cause much more than it benefits it in the end of the day. Your $50 are meaningless to a giant like NoA, but definitely not to a small company like Monolith. Don't pretend this is about morals and values if you intend to rob the developer of their well-earned purchase.

Last I heard, Nintendo owns Monolith, so I don't see a big distinction between who gets my money here.

And I'm not really trying to make a grand moral stand. Just a simple practical point. Make your product available to me readily and conveniently in a local retail store or digital download service. Don't force me to worry about things like currency conversion and overseas shipping, on top of finding way to run a PAL release. I will not chase after your product like a dog, you have to meet me halfway at least, or there is no deal.

Monolith, Nintendo, whoever can have my money, they just have to come up to me and ask for it. I don't think I'm being unreasonable.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network
famousringo said:
gumby_trucker said:
famousringo said:

*Adjusts his eyepatch.*

Last I heard, Nintendo owns Monolith, so I don't see a big distinction between who gets my money here.

And I'm not really trying to make a grand moral stand. Just a simple practical point. Make your product available to me readily and conveniently in a local retail store or digital download service. Don't force me to worry about things like currency conversion and overseas shipping, on top of finding way to run a PAL release. I will not chase after your product like a dog, you have to meet me halfway at least, or there is no deal.

Monolith, Nintendo, whoever can have my money, they just have to come up to me and ask for it. I don't think I'm being unreasonable.

Two wrongs don't make a right, especially when one of them is illegal and piracy is still theft. I bet if you enjoyed the game you'd still consider a direct donation to the developer via paypal or a similar method if it was offered on their website, no? How is buying a copy (even if you never unwrap it) any different?

Regarding ownership of Monolith, they are certainly not related to NoA in any way - which is a completely separate entity from NCL/NoE. Even if they were, your message probably wouldn't get through to them because they are more likely to interpret low sales of XB as low demand for such products and nothing more, which would just strengthen their argument not to localize in the first place. The only way to send a clear message to NoA is for the game to sell well IMO.

the original trolls

Here are a few more from neogaf (running on dolphin)

the original trolls

FinalEvangelion said:
Well, I'm American and am playing it right now. I did order it and my copy has shipped, but I'm playing it before it comes. I guess as long as I paid for the copy and the exchange of money is made, it's not immoral to have downloaded it before my copy comes in the mail?

hmmm... *cracks knuckles*...

you, I will not smack

the original trolls

guess who's back?

and take a look at some of these beautiful day-night transitions!

the original trolls

So I gather this is the official thread for the game?
Finally got my copy the other day (hurricane warnings must have delayed lots of flights...) and have spent about 4 hours playing so far. I love how streamlined it is, especially for a JRPG, and also how forgiving the game is in terms of not losing progress and items when you die in battle, though maybe that's just the first few hours until you get up to speed with all the different systems.

I was wondering about the combat, though - is there any way to manage other party members' Arts during battle?
It seems kind of a waste to have such an involved system if you can only access the leader's special moves at any given time.
Am I missing something or does this become available later in the game?

So far that is my one big issue with the battle system, which otherwise I find to be a very good balance between turn-based and real-time.

the original trolls