By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - My newest song "Heaven's Abyss" :)

Hear is my newest song Heaven's Abyss  

Around the Network

thanks for listening guys

Also let me know what you all think of it. This song was dedicated to someone so it would mean a lot to me if you all tell me what you think.

It's not bad but it's a bit repetitive IMO.

Keep up the good work though.

yo_john117 said:
It's not bad but it's a bit repetitive IMO.

Keep up the good work though.

Yeah i thought that too when i first made it, but it was a dedication so i wanted to make it quickly.  It only took about 30 minutes to make.

Around the Network

Good. You are getting better with the time, it's the first time I post a comment but I heard also your previous recordings. About the song being repetitive if you don't mind a little suggestion, why don't you try to overlay different instrument sounds? While listening to your song on headphones you can try to play a backing music on piano. You may be able to enrich the sound texture and also break the repetitiveness, maybe to re-think some passages of the original track. The overlay then can be easily done with PC software.
Take this song as example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNCVGd_RyJw
In this song you clearly distinguish 3 instument sounds; a backing eletronic sound like a dilateted-organ, an electronic piano sound (these two are both made using a sinthetizer) and an acoustic giutar. The melody is very simple, but the variations of the backing organ and the "game" (I don't know the proper term in english) between the piano and the acustic guitar keep it form being repetitive.

freebs2 said:
Good. You are getting better with the time, it's the first time I post a comment but I heard also your previous recordings. About the song being repetitive if you don't mind a little suggestion, why don't you try to overlay different instrument sounds? While listening to your song on headphones you can try to play a backing music on piano. You may be able to enrich the sound texture and also break the repetitiveness, maybe to re-think some passages of the original track. The overlay then can be easily done with PC software.
Take this song as example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNCVGd_RyJw
In this song you clearly distinguish 3 instument sounds; a backing eletronic sound like a dilateted-organ, an electronic piano sound (these two are both made using a sinthetizer) and an acoustic giutar. The melody is very simple, but the variations of the backing organ and the "game" (I don't know the proper term in english) between the piano and the acustic guitar keep it form being repetitive.

I just now read this. thank you so much :D  And yeah,  I have been trying to over lap guitar with piano my software program isn't all that great.  Thank you very much for the advice, it was a lot of help :D