By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

What do you think the future of this thread should be

Comparing Third Party Series 21 36.21%

Comparing Third Party Games 16 27.59%

Locked 20 34.48%

Total:57
Reasonable said:
dsage01 said:
I'm still shocked about what happened with Uncharted 2. They were both great games one of the best action/adventure games this gen. But Uncharted 2 really made sony fanboys put down the 360 fanboys by a lot. And that was there game of the gen. But I'm shocked it only landed in 5th place

TBH it only landed where it did because of the move to pit PS3 vs PS3 titles and give Reach second chances and try and give 360 titles a chance to compete.  Whether by demographic choice or whatever it's pretty clear that in a straight poll on the site the big PS3 exclusives would take the top spots.  Wthe 36hat it did show (hopefully the 360 fans will see you can extrapolate the results in this manner) is that the real key to winning polls like this online isn't have the biggest sales but the most dedicated mini-fanbase.  Personally, from what I've seen it seems likely number 1 should be MGS4 as it surely has the most ferocious fanbase on the site, followed probably by GoW3 in second then Uncharted 2 in third, after that I'm not too sure which fanbase would win out for the remaining positions.

Sorry to complain but TBH for me the poll lost the plot a while back with such moves... when you have to change the rules mid competition and give titles "free passes" the results don't really matter much anymore it seems to me.

But hey... plenty of fun moments in the discussion around games.

This is so true.

My favourite games this gen are in the following order xD:
MGS4, GoW3 & Uncharted 2
(Depending on the mood I am in, I choose different for 2nd and 3rd place between Un2 and GoW3 xDD)

Around the Network

Killzone 3 campaign is fun as hell, not to mention the MP is a 100% improvement over KZ2. Reach kinda look like playing the same maps from Halo 3 etc. vote KZ3

CPU: Ryzen 9950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Okay 61-47. Halo Reach. Looks like Halo won this round. It's time I start the semi finals

Why isn't anyone commenting anymore?

dsage01 said:
Why isn't anyone commenting anymore?

because its friday friday get it down on friday everybody is looking forward to the weekend ooooooo

Around the Network

While Metal Gear Solid 4 was extremely good, my votes goes to VC because it was so revolutionary. VC is one of those few games that created a before and an after in my life.

MGS4. I haven't played VC though....but MGS4 is my fav game of all time so sorry VC..not fair but MGS4 deserves it.

my 2 fav games. I vote see the results!

CPU: Ryzen 9950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

God of War 3 will become 2nd, MGS4 will win it all.

Just the way I like it, aha aha :D

MGS 4 = one of the best games I've ever played.
Valkyira Chronicles: Just a bit better than the average RPG so I give it to Metal Gear Solid 4.