Comparing Third Party Series 21 36.21%

Comparing Third Party Games 16 27.59%

Locked 20 34.48%

Total:57
CGI-Quality said:
dsage01 said:
pezus said:
Reasonable said:
Damn those Sony fans... another unfair close call.

Why? It's not like Heavy Rain isn't a great game

It's a good game but it coming even close to Halo is very odd.

I don't get this place sometimes...

- On one hand, "VG Chartz is full of Sony fanboys, so it makes sense that the comparisons are heavily skewed".

- On the other hand, "[insert PS3 exclusive her] is a good game, but coming close to [insert Xbox 360 exclusive here} is very odd.

In truth, despite the difference in popularity in most of these comparison's cases, one forum out of billions on the internet is hardly indicative of just how popular many of these titles are. Therefore, nothing about the results are odd, especially considering people can vote without posting. In fact, the only things odd here are some of these comparions in the first place - but then again, I'm sure by now you knew that.

Yes I admit this site is biased but a game coming close to Xbox 360's best selling exclusive franchise is just plain weird. And that too Halo. It's got great reviews by people and critics. And Heavy Rain is just good. So I would still expect 20-10 despite all the Sony fanboys on this site.

Around the Network

I'm going to go with heavy rain still. that part with the car scene was just to good. i was like "omg!" "oh sh!t!" "omfg!" and at the end i was like "wow what a rush"

CPU: Ryzen 9950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Michael-5 said:
dsage01 said:
Michael-5 said:
brendude13 said:

More active PS3 users, more hardcore gamers on PS3 who are likely to use gaming websites or just generally people who prefer the PS3, whether they own both consoles or not.

Basically, because the PS3 exclusives tend to be more popular on this website, people are pointing it out as if it's some kind of fanboy infestation, when there isn't.

I agree with the second point, but not the first.

Maybe 360 owners are just playing their games instead of being here? It would explain higher software sales and active XBL users over PSN, but less users on this website.

I think it's just some websites are more strongly MS oriented, others Sony. Simple as that.

Well Xbox fans are scatterd all over youtube, gamespot e.t.c. But I see PS owners get more deeper into things such as sales. But I find the PS3 audince older than the people who buy the 360. I don't hear no kids screaming on my ear in games like GT, Killzone, and hardly in Uncharted  like I do in Halo and occasionally Gears of War too. So I really don't think that kids would be intrested in sales sites such as these.

That could be it. When I joined VGC I was always confused why there were more PS3 fans on a sales website (360 is beating PS3 after all), but age might play a role. I mean when I played the UC3 beta I heard just as many kids over the mics as in a typical Halo game, but I think less kids are interested in something like Killzone, and I know SOCOM has an older audience. Then again, how many are interested in Forza and Alan Wake? I know Left 4 Dead 2 had a young audience surprisingly, so I agree with this.

Also because 360 is largely popular in British Empire countries, I bet websites more focused on news in specific countries (like USA) are likely the ones more popular with 360 fans.

ps3 is beating xbox worldwide you cant denay that, even to active user base. and no i think ur lying, whenever i play uc3, there are NO kids screaming, i only heard ppl cussing thats all. so yeah

Michael-5 said:
dsage01 said:
Michael-5 said:
brendude13 said:

More active PS3 users, more hardcore gamers on PS3 who are likely to use gaming websites or just generally people who prefer the PS3, whether they own both consoles or not.

Basically, because the PS3 exclusives tend to be more popular on this website, people are pointing it out as if it's some kind of fanboy infestation, when there isn't.

I agree with the second point, but not the first.

Maybe 360 owners are just playing their games instead of being here? It would explain higher software sales and active XBL users over PSN, but less users on this website.

I think it's just some websites are more strongly MS oriented, others Sony. Simple as that.

Well Xbox fans are scatterd all over youtube, gamespot e.t.c. But I see PS owners get more deeper into things such as sales. But I find the PS3 audince older than the people who buy the 360. I don't hear no kids screaming on my ear in games like GT, Killzone, and hardly in Uncharted  like I do in Halo and occasionally Gears of War too. So I really don't think that kids would be intrested in sales sites such as these.

That could be it. When I joined VGC I was always confused why there were more PS3 fans on a sales website (360 is beating PS3 after all), but age might play a role. I mean when I played the UC3 beta I heard just as many kids over the mics as in a typical Halo game, but I think less kids are interested in something like Killzone, and I know SOCOM has an older audience. Then again, how many are interested in Forza and Alan Wake? I know Left 4 Dead 2 had a young audience surprisingly, so I agree with this.

Also because 360 is largely popular in British Empire countries, I bet websites more focused on news in specific countries (like USA) are likely the ones more popular with 360 fans.

http://www.itproportal.com/2011/04/04/ps3-overtakes-xbox-360-global-user-base/            dont believe me????

Being one of the few people here who have both games I can say Halo Reach easy. Heavy Rain was great and I beat it in three days and that was it. Once I had the killer I never wanted to play it again, never the same. Halo Reach? 1,243 online games later and it still feels new every game. Game keeps giving unlike Heavy Rain on my shelf catching heavy dust... Hey-O! Thank you thank you.

Around the Network
dsage01 said:
pezus said:
Reasonable said:

Agreed. Should just call this Head to Head 360 vs PS3. My guess most Halo Reach fans are playing Halo Reach while Heavy Rain fans are checking forums.

Michael-5 said:
kickazz113 said:
Michael-5 said:
kickazz113 said:
Michael-5 said:

I did downplay Warhawk. I jumped on the bandwagon when people were labeling it as a PSN game. I know it was a full retail game, that's how I played it, and yea, it's more of a reboot. (MS should reboot crimson skies).

Halo 3 beat Killzone 2 by 2 little votes.... that is hardly anything for a franchise as massive as Halo.

You have to admit though, that there is a preference toward PS3 exclusives on this website. Halo, Gears, and Mass Effect should be getting a lot more recognition. Killzone 3 is fun as hell, but Halo Reach is much more polished (I told you my co-op issue in KZ3 right?). Gears shouls have also stood a modest chance against Uncharted, and how the heck did Lost Odyssey lose?

you only talk about website, about real world???? the only place xbox lead is USA

The larget video game market in the world? Also Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand...basically any country part of the old British Empire, and don't forget worldwide, and the combined EMEAA and Americas region.

Just look at games sales as well, Halo is a 10 million plus franchise, it should be able to trump any FPS exclusive. Just like GT5 trumps racers.

but dont you see in worldwide ps3 is outselling xbox since 2009-2011

That is true, but it hasn't been consistant. PS3 outsold the 360 from fall 2009 to summer 2010. Then the next 6 months 360 was ontop, and the first six months of 2011 PS3 was ontop. I bet you, since 360 is a stronger brand in regions where holiday sales affect console sales most (and judging from last fall), 360 will outsell PS3 for the end of the year.

So the fair way to look at it is that 360 had mid 2008-mid 2009. PS3 had mid 2009-2010. Since mid 2010 it's been fairly even (within 5% now after 6 months of PS3 being ontop).

This is why you should look at fisical years instead of actual ones since decisions made in September affect the next 12 months much more then those in January.

like i said even xbox beat ps3 in holiday season, but ps3 will still have more sale, just look at 2010. ps3 still beat xbox even tho it lost the holiday season

Heavy Rain simply from an innovation standpoint

dsage01 said:
CGI-Quality said:
dsage01 said:
pezus said:
Reasonable said:

I don't get this place sometimes...

- On one hand, "VG Chartz is full of Sony fanboys, so it makes sense that the comparisons are heavily skewed".

- On the other hand, "[insert PS3 exclusive her] is a good game, but coming close to [insert Xbox 360 exclusive here} is very odd.

In truth, despite the difference in popularity in most of these comparison's cases, one forum out of billions on the internet is hardly indicative of just how popular many of these titles are. Therefore, nothing about the results are odd, especially considering people can vote without posting. In fact, the only things odd here are some of these comparions in the first place - but then again, I'm sure by now you knew that.

Yes I admit this site is biased but a game coming close to Xbox 360's best selling exclusive franchise is just plain weird. And that too Halo. It's got great reviews by people and critics. And Heavy Rain is just good. So I would still expect 20-10 despite all the Sony fanboys on this site.

srry i don't get why its weird.

at the end of the day the results are still going to be based on opinions. one can never factualy state that HALO is better then Heavy Rain, and if you do say one is better then i'd tell you to prove it without reveiws and links to other opinions.

pezus said:
Reasonable said:

I was just joking based on all the posts about unfair bias.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...