By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

What do you think the future of this thread should be

Comparing Third Party Series 21 36.21%

Comparing Third Party Games 16 27.59%

Locked 20 34.48%

Total:57

I chose God of War. Just for the fact that it spawned more clones of itself than Gears did.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network
trasharmdsister12 said:

*views pics.....

*views sig....

Nah you are not blatantly trolling nor are you pushing your own agenda or preferences. You are definitely adding to the discussion and not acting like a....nvm.... good day.

Make games, not war (that goes for ridiculous fanboys)

I may be the next Maelstorm or not, you be the judge http://videogamesgrow.blogspot.com/  hopefully I can be more of an asset than a fanboy to VGC hehe.

trasharmdsister12 said:
SvennoJ said:
Gears of war was pretty impressive as the first HD title I played on my 52" tv. I didn't like the multiplayer however and the single player in god of war 3 is miles better then gears of war. Gears of war is in my top 10 of worst endings to a video game ever.

God of war 3 it is.

Seems this is heading to uncharted 2 vs Halo something in the end.

Squirtle used STEALTHTROLL TECHNIQUE 

The winner will be the title that wins MGS4 vs Uncharted 2.

Ok, corrected it to bring out your intentions. Gotta admit, kinda funny though.

OT: God of War 3 as my only criticism was that the ending could have added a bit more closure. It was good to see the whole thing with Pandora's box unfold and the combat was very fluid. If you didn't think so you definitely failed hard at the game. Beating it on chaos for the plat was pretty hard mainly due to 2 parts: 1 was that Cerberus you fight near the 3 judges when you decend from the labyrinth (with the adds that come throughout the fight) 2. I hope you can guess this one. Plume of prometheus was useless on that Cerberus part btw so plz don't make up crap outta ur a....

What did it for me on gears was the multiplayer. The ending was an afterthought to an otherwise brilliant campaign, and I didn't like the lack of at least a slight bit more agility when running (i understand the armor but still, people are not tanks when they move). Honestly if the movement would have been slightly closer to DS2 I personally would have been happier (a criticism I have on ME series but still some of my fav Bioware games).  I enjoyed using the HOD on the Berserker, and the indoor fight with the Berserker. Gears 2 had a good ending mainly after the credits with Marcus' father but that's not the game being discussed.

Make games, not war (that goes for ridiculous fanboys)

I may be the next Maelstorm or not, you be the judge http://videogamesgrow.blogspot.com/  hopefully I can be more of an asset than a fanboy to VGC hehe.

CGI-Quality said:
adriane23 said:
I chose God of War. Just for the fact that it spawned more clones of itself than Gears did.

I argue against that, actually. Many games have incorporated a cover system reminiscent of the Gears-style cover system (yes, I'm aware Kill.switch had one first).

They both have their clones, but I'd say Gears has a good deal more (Dark Void, Quantum Theory, MindJack, & Inversion) are just a few that come to mind.

Those games aren't complete ripoffs of Gears though and MindJack is actually an illusion of a game. Games like Dante's Inferno and Green Lantern are basically God of War starring other characters.

CGI-Quality said:
adriane23 said:
CGI-Quality said:
adriane23 said:

I argue against that, actually. Many games have incorporated a cover system reminiscent of the Gears-style cover system (yes, I'm aware Kill.switch had one first).

They both have their clones, but I'd say Gears has a good deal more (Dark Void, Quantum Theory, MindJack, & Inversion) are just a few that come to mind.

Those games aren't complete ripoffs of Gears though and MindJack is actually an illusion of a game. Games like Dante's Inferno and Green Lantern are basically God of War starring other characters.

Yes, but very few games are like God of War though. Gears has many more titles with some type of ripoff or inpsiration of it's playstyles in some way.

Even then God of War inspired more games and playstyles. Look at all the games that have QTEs now. Even Kingdom Hearts 2 implemented QTEs.

The games I've played that play like GOW: Dante's Inferno, Green  Lantern, Darksiders, Conan, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Heavenly Sword, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Lord of the Rings: Two Towers, Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, Brutal Legends (with some RTS and free-roaming thrown in).

Around the Network

God of War

adriane23 said:

Boo as if GoW didn't copy DMC. LOL

Red orbs anyone? 

NoCtiS_NoX said:
adriane23 said:

Boo as if GoW didn't copy DMC. LOL

Red orbs anyone? 

lol I was just thinking about that. 

Both great games, God Of War just edges it for me with a slightly better campaign, better overall graphics and better gameplay.

But to be fair to gears this is a game thats several years older so it obviously wouldnt be as good as god of war.

MGS4 Vs Mass Effect 2 and Heavy Rain Vs Halo Reach are going to be close.
Also, Halo Reach is on round 2 twice.