By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - which franchises would jump to the wii in 08?

Seiken Densetsu

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

I actually expect that through most of 2008 and into 2009 the phrase that haunts the Wii's library will move from "PS2 Port" to "Spin-Off" ... This will be a mixed bag as some games will end up like Sonic and the Secret Rings and be better games (and sell better) than the main series did on the HD consoles, while other games will be low quality rush-jobs with poor sales.

Resident Evil, Dragon Quest, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Kingdom Hearts and Blue Dragon

ClaudeLv250 said:
Seiken Densetsu

I might be wrong but isnt that Secert of Mana?

Favorite RPG for me...i like the Third  one the best =)

Dragon Quest

no way square releases that on the itty bitty PS3 base in Japan. They had better hope for sales to pick up or PS3 can say good bye to DQ. I think since FF has more Western appeal it should stay on PS3, FF series has always been graphically superior to DQ games also.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network

Yes, DS is Secret of Mana

SD1 was was some gameboy FF title
SD2 is Secret of Mana 1
SD3 is Secret of Mana 2 (never released in US, but a pretty fricken awsome RPG, it is soooooooo fun)

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

kingdom hearts, resi 5, final fantasy, bioshock sequel (if theres one), lost planet (a remake or next iteration), gta, others too... hmmmm

but we can all rest assured that the wii will mos. def. be getting major attention from 3rd parties later in 08, especially if it wins holiday 08 again.

God From the Machine

Hyperion said:
I'm typing from the Wii Opera Browser, so I won't be able to say much.

Why are you not able to say much?  Use your christmas money and buy a keyboard. 

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

tokilamockingbrd said:
Dragon Quest

no way square releases that on the itty bitty PS3 base in Japan. They had better hope for sales to pick up or PS3 can say good bye to DQ. I think since FF has more Western appeal it should stay on PS3, FF series has always been graphically superior to DQ games also.

First of all, the PS3's userbase isn't that hot in the west. It's not cold, but the other consoles certainly have just as good a userbase.

Second, Dragon Quest IX was announced for the DS a while ago. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Any PS2 game that underachieved.